Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The pompous GOP credo was a sham all along (Read 89 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: The pompous GOP credo was a sham all along
Reply #15 - 06/13/18 at 06:01:46

My understanding of the article is that the "forced" separation of family is the topic and the act of separating a family by "force" is cruel.

Another question posed is if abortion is cruel, and to place that into context of "forced" actions I correlate forced separation of family to forced aboirtion procedures.  An example would be a pregnant immigrant being forced to have an abortion by US immigration policy.
This creates a "forced" action by policy.

If an immigrant parent volunteers a child for adoption/placement the action is "voluntary" and is no longer forced by definition.  

There is no mention of killing children by abortion, or other means by force.  All murder of children by any means of any age in my comparison would be done by parents volunteering their children for the action.

This would not be forced abortion, or execution of children of any age.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #16 - 06/13/18 at 06:41:07

Eegore wrote on 06/13/18 at 06:01:46:
 My understanding of the article is that the "forced" separation of family is the topic and the act of separating a family by "force" is cruel.

Another question posed is if abortion is cruel, and to place that into context of "forced" actions I correlate forced separation of family to forced aboirtion procedures.  An example would be a pregnant immigrant being forced to have an abortion by US immigration policy.
This creates a "forced" action by policy.

If an immigrant parent volunteers a child for adoption/placement the action is "voluntary" and is no longer forced by definition.  

There is no mention of killing children by abortion, or other means by force.  All murder of children by any means of any age in my comparison would be done by parents volunteering their children for the action.

This would not be forced abortion, or execution of children of any age.

Here is the quote:

Sorry, but I simply don’t understand how politically active evangelicals can reconcile devout Christian faith with uncritical support of Trump. Should all of his behavior be excused because he appoints judges who will restrict abortion and same-sex marriage rights? Then tell me, what is pro-family about a policy of forcibly separating asylum-seekers from their young children at the border? Where in the New Testament does it say that blessed are the cruel?

He introduced abortion, in his argument to claim believers must be hypocrites, because of Trumps policies re: Immigration.
In doing so, he stuck his own neck, in the noose, he intended for others.
Now, if you want to say killing a baby is NOT cruel, then you can claim such a argument, however, expect dissension, for your belief a fetus can not experience cruel pain, is just YOUR belief, not fact, and the only TRUE witness is no longer alive to testify in their OWN behalf.

This is NOT a argument on abortion, but a rebuttal of disengenous materiel introduced as argument against the charge against believers

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #17 - 06/18/18 at 02:04:21

raydawg wrote on 06/12/18 at 07:40:56:
They raised abortion in the article, did they not?

Why yes they did. And how was it raised? It was raised in the context of Donald's professed anti abortion stance being about 'pro family' and that was then contrasted with trump's and sessions' desire to rip families apart in a plan so heartless that even Melania Trump is calling it cruel and heartless, along with Laura Bush. That was the context it was brought up.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #18 - 06/18/18 at 05:20:45

You wear your righteous indignation anger well......

Hope it brings you much joy.

I bet you work with orphans, and abused and neglected children.
Must be a lot of them where you live.
Good job!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 06/18/18 at 06:53:47

Ooopsies, take your kids, or, borrow a few, and take them to commit a crime.
You're GONNA get separated.

WTF ELSE?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 11:05:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The pompous GOP credo was a sham all along

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.