Send Topic Print
Let's not get confused (Read 175 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: Let's not get confused
Reply #30 - 06/01/18 at 14:50:28

verslagen1 wrote on 05/31/18 at 07:33:18:
LostArtist wrote on 05/30/18 at 10:45:58:

This is a bloomberg study and when you compare Bloomberg studies on how easy it is to get a gun thru the internet vs. the ATF or GAO(?) studies run completely counter to their findings.  65% yes vs 0/72 absolutely none in 2.5 years says they are completely biased.  Another study was every WTB ad was shady vs. 9%  which you gotta think how stupid do you gotta be to be a felon and take out an ad to buy a gun when you can go to any back alley and get one.

So I would rate FACT VS FICTION as mostly fiction.

I showed you my study, show me yours. Until then you're full of hearsay, chirp chirp....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #31 - 06/01/18 at 17:47:18

LostArtist wrote on 06/01/18 at 14:50:28:
I showed you my study, show me yours. Until then you're full of hearsay, chirp chirp....

Do you think for yourself ?
Do you research for yourself ?
Do you make decisions for yourself ?

If you do, then great, that is your opinion.

Again if after the 3 items above, you have come to that conclusion,
great, that is, YOUR, conclusion, made by learning, looking at, all sides, all things, and making a decision.

YET !

Your posts here, sound, just like, someone is, ‘whispering’, in your ear !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #32 - 06/02/18 at 09:21:02

Apologies to JOG, and to MANY others,
this is known Information.

Because I also know a breed of dogs, I will use dogs/kennels as a example.

Kennel A:  Real Nice, Real clean, Shiny Bright, personal overly friendly, smells like Pine Shavings, Just Perfect.
Kennel B:  Old building, wire kennels rusty, smells bad, light poor, owner sometimes grumpy.
Both: Dogs are well taken care of. Both sell the dogs for the same money. Both are the same, breed, of dog.

Yet the last 30 Years,  One owner has produced 10 times MORE, Champions that the other.
And the dogs, sold out of the same kennel, the owners of, have made, 20 times MORE, Champions.
Can you guess which kennel/dogs, have made so many MORE Champions ?

A Person knows NOTHING, about that dog. They go to both kennels.
The, ’shiny’ one they are told, what basically amounts to, ‘sugar on a cookie’.
The, ‘dirty’ one, they are told, what hard work it is to make a field champion.
Now which one, ’sells’, more dogs?

I relate the, Johns Hopkins, ‘report’,
which was funded by a total Anti-Gun person.
to the, Shiny Kennel.  Baffle with Bull$hit.

And the, Other, finding the Facts, observing, ‘Observed Reality’,
reading all sorts of things, understanding them,
and knowing the subject.
As the other kennel.

So in a Nutshell, when one knows nothing about a subject.
They will ’trust’ the Shiny, Glib, Smooth, perfectly Presented version.
Over, the one they have to work for, to get the information.

In most cases, it is something  insignificant,
like;  ‘This car is better than That car’.

However when it comes to, someone, LYING,
 by omission of Facts, Spinning, and Distortion.
      It is  TIME, for someone to LEARN !
           the, TRUTH !

(For the Fairy Dust Sprinklers, NO, I do Not have a Kennel, and sell dogs)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 06/02/18 at 09:59:04

People today have a mindset that anyone who doesn't speak with the rhythm of a preacher/politician, isn't polished and stands perfectly erect, looking down the nose, and Ohhh so classy
Can't be a leader, certainly not a president,, and they know nothing about the people who built this nation.
The fistfight and duels, the arguments and counter arguments, and they actually believe that the most pantywaist pushover we've had was the best, because he was smooth and polished.
The racial division that I expected to see close, got WORSE,  and why escapes me, but it did. Maybe because they made a religion out of butthurt.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 06/07/18 at 13:27:24

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/02/18 at 09:59:04:
People today have a mindset that anyone who doesn't speak with the rhythm of a preacher/politician, isn't polished and stands perfectly erect, looking down the nose, and Ohhh so classy
Can't be a leader, certainly not a president,, and they know nothing about the people who built this nation.
The fistfight and duels, the arguments and counter arguments, and they actually believe that the most pantywaist pushover we've had was the best, because he was smooth and polished.
The racial division that I expected to see close, got WORSE,  and why escapes me, but it did. Maybe because they made a religion out of butthurt.

I don't see how it's bad to expect a certain amount of polish and diplomacy from a leader. Why is calling your competitors names and ridiculing them seen as "refreshing?"  

so, now this is about racial division?  

I'm assuming some kind of logical transition happened, I'm not reading MNsprings posts cause they give me a headache, I"m just not good enough to understand his way of typing, and I've just given up

and the racial division got worse cause people in power started shooting black people on camera and were exposed. Sure there's debate over how justified those shootings were.  I like cops, I support cops, but they aren't perfect, and there's be a rather disturbing growth of militarization of the cops recently, and all that underlines the idea that black people, just by being black, are innately more scary than white people.

that idea, judging on the surface of it by statistics, seems to have some validity, the word some there is important, please don't just skip over that I said that. And that idea, by itself, seems to have gotten a lot of cops and white people all angry that black people just want the cops to be better, sure their protests and language could probably have been more diplomatic, I do not support the "...Fry them like bacon" chant or some of the other more disturbing protest antics.

and the other side said NO, how dare "you people" even bring attention to this and found stats that support their own position on this, and said you can't even play football if you protest to make cops better.

I'm sure it's all way more complicated than all that but, it's not a case of who's right or wrong, it's one side being overly forceful (maybe) in their presentation and the other side totally rejecting any validity of their idea because of that presentation

both sides are flawed, but it does take 2 to divide.

but now I"m sure you will all go on and yell and tell me how stupid I am for missing that the stats really say this or that black poor people are more desperate which makes them scarier or something something blah blah to justify denying them the "golden rule" treatment "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

I'm just sad we can't address the issue in a pragmatic way to make us all better

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #35 - 06/07/18 at 15:51:00

LostArtist wrote on 06/07/18 at 13:27:24:
"...  I'm not reading MNsprings posts cause they give me a headache, ..."

WOOOOOIE,  I can post on Lost's  Posts with Impunity  !!!!!!!!
   WOOOIEEEEEE  !!!!!!!!!

"...I'm just sad we can't address the issue in a pragmatic way to make us all better..."

Reminds me of a old song:
      Nobody likes me,
    Everybody hates me,
  Guess I'll go eat worms.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 16:46:21

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Let's not get confused

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.