Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Let's not get confused
Reply #15 - 05/30/18 at 07:48:47

LostArtist wrote on 05/29/18 at 15:48:57:
 what?
so, what time period are you looking at cause You've lost me, I mean, I've only been alive for 40 years so maybe you remember some awfulness I don't, but there have been many studies about why crime went down since the 90's, none of them point to CC 
I really don't know what the heck you are talking about though...  but sure, just keep thinking you are right, no point in arguing with you anyway  GFY

"... The Florida legislature had actually passed a shall-issue concealed carry law in 1985 as well, but it was vetoed by Democratic Governor Bob Graham. So it was not until 1987 that Republican Governor Bob Martinez signed shall-issue concealed carry into law..."

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 05/30/18 at 08:52:06

Bad guys are aware of the CC guns.
The bigger the crowd, the more likely there is an off duty cop and or a GGWAG, and that IS a DETERRENT.
A campus with two or three people who Might be walking the halls isn't so smart.
The bad guys need to not Know WHO or how many people are armed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 05/30/18 at 09:58:54

here's the problem you have, is that on national averages, it just doesn't matter. violent crime does not really seem deterred by concealed carry, I'm sure SOME criminals might think about concealed carry before they commit crime, but I doubt that's a vast majority of them, violent crime is mostly a crime of passion, drug induced, or in the moment kind of stuff.

The result has been an explosion in the number of concealed-carry permit holders in the United States, from 2.7 million in 1999 to 14.5 million in 2016. That figure doesn't account for individuals living in states without permitting requirements

so in 1999, there were 2.7 million concealed permits, let's assume (call me out if you have info that that's wrong) that's higher than in the years before it, and violent crime has been reducing since 1992-ish

From 1992 to 2002 violent crime reduced from about 750,000 to about 500,000, so with 2.7 million concealed carry, give or take a million, that's a 250,000 drop

however, since 2002 to 2016 violent crime reduced from 500,000 to 350,000 or so, that's a 150,000 drop with EVEN MORE, like 12 million MORE, concealed carry permits

so why did violent crime reduce more with LESS concealed carry if concealed carry is such a great deterrent?

so yes, all the stories and anecdotes you've heard and are presenting are true, but statistically, the slowdown of violent crime isn't really being affected by even MORE concealed carry permits.

and I really can pull out study after study after study, saying that the more concealed carry, the more crime actually happens. I know, I know, but but anecdote here!  

and in 2015 and 2016, violent crime went UP, with the most concealed carry permits out there until 2017 at least...  I don't have data for that.

so, as much as your assumptions make sense, when scrutinized, they don't hold up, even on a surface level like I did here.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 05/30/18 at 10:31:01

here's the problem you have, is that on national averages, it just doesn't matter. violent crime does not really seem deterred by concealed carry, I'm sure SOME criminals m

Says WHO?You?

And WHILE violent crime has dropped
CC has grown

Hmm, howbout That?

And WHEN the governor of Louisiana told the people
Arm yourselves
Fight back against carjacking

Suddenly
Carjacking Stopped being the lead story five of seven days.

You can say what you want to believe,
But evidence to the contrary exists.
Or, maybe you can explain how adding CC guns in the mix DIDN'T cause more crime.
According to lefties
Blood in the Streets is the certain outcome of allowing people to carry weapons, unless they were born with the
Special cop or military blood.
All others are not qualified.
Phhht.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 05/30/18 at 10:37:11

The seems to be 2 types of crime, premeditated and crimes of passion.
Crimes of passion will have no deterrent.
Premeditated is another story and seems to be the crux of the story.
They will be deterred by the fact that there are more cc's out there.
The reduction in car jackings in FL are evidence of this.
But instead you get nut jobs shooting at cars on the hwy.
If a nut job is confronted by police, why would he not shoot it out with them?  Instead they got it in their head there's a soft target out there for him to be famous with.  A school, a mall, doesn't matter let's go there and kill people w/out guns.
I think you would agree that 2015/6 were very contentious times and would explain a rise.

If crime is dropping and cc's are on the rise, while there are many other factors involved you should be able to see that cc's do play a contributing factor.

WWW   IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 05/30/18 at 10:44:44

Its pretty clear what the math being presented initially represents, and if we stick to the math discussion we might get somewhere.

Violent crime nationwide reduced at a larger ratio when the public had fewer CCW permits issued.

12 million additional CCW permits did not reduce violent crime at a larger, or even the same rate.  The percentage reduction was lower.  

This represents a well-known nationwide data table, however individual communities may vary.  Comparing what happens in one section of the nation to its collective data is useless.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 05/30/18 at 10:45:58

lets give ALL THE CREDIT to concealed carry, that the whole drop from 2002 to 2016, that 150,000 drop in violent crime to the 14.5 MILLION concealed carry holders.  that means that 150,000 violent criminal were aware and focused enough to be deterred by those 14.5 MILLION potential concealed carry holders.

so 150,000 prevented crimes were caused by 14.5 MILLION concealed carry holders .

150,000 divided by 14.5 MILLION is 0.010714285714286

so 1%

it takes 100 concealed carry holders, to prevent 1 violent crime

if my math is correct, I might not have all that worked out, is it 100 or 1000????

guess it's better than nothing

oh, and violent crime went UP in 2015 and 2016, when there were the most concealed carry permits EVER

just for your entertainment, cause I know you wont' believe it, check this out:

CONCEALED CARRY OF FIREARMS: FACT VS FICTION
https://www.jhsph.edu/research/centers-and-institutes/johns-hopkins-center-fo...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 05/30/18 at 20:49:03

takes 100 concealed carry holders, to prevent 1 violent crimeS

Really?
Says WHO?

Gosh, I'm just Shocked that there is an ADMISSION that CC guns actually stop crime.
Your statistics are in question.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 05/31/18 at 06:53:35

There are multiple sources that show the number of CCW's do not correlate to reduction of direct violent crime nationwide.  This has been known for a long time, and is part of why those stats aren't used in CCW campaigns.

On college campus settings however the number of direct violent crimes specifically against women have decreased with the allowance of firearms on campus.  Those stats are used in CCW campaigns as they show favorable results.

College campus data does not match national data and can not be reliably compared.  Apples and Oranges situation, but lets just keep repeating our points in different words over and over and see if we can convince anyone that national statistics and regional statistics are the same thing.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 05/31/18 at 07:33:18

LostArtist wrote on 05/30/18 at 10:45:58:

This is a bloomberg study and when you compare Bloomberg studies on how easy it is to get a gun thru the internet vs. the ATF or GAO(?) studies run completely counter to their findings.  65% yes vs 0/72 absolutely none in 2.5 years says they are completely biased.  Another study was every WTB ad was shady vs. 9%  which you gotta think how stupid do you gotta be to be a felon and take out an ad to buy a gun when you can go to any back alley and get one.

So I would rate FACT VS FICTION as mostly fiction.

WWW   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #25 - 05/31/18 at 08:08:01

Just for shistles, isn't our wonderful inner city eg Hartford, Detroit, Cleveland,  Youngstown LA examples of CC (Card Carrying er Conceiled Carry)  places where everyone knows everyone over 10 is carrying (legally or not) and aren't the incredibly high number of gun deaths in those Urban Utopias (compared to upper Darby PA, Concord Ma etc- you know uppah class places) our government has helped to create an argument against the effectiveness of such a program?
Back to baby Robin watching, out of the nest and stretching - wife calls it a toddler Robin Grin

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #26 - 05/31/18 at 08:19:44

LostArtist wrote on 05/30/18 at 10:45:58:

Is,  FICTION !  (verslagen1 said it very good)

So Bought a new handgun,
(Well not new, but used, and ’new’ to me)

Anyway, got on ‘BOOB Tub’, where, 78.5%
of ‘Gun’, experts, don’t have the FIRST   CLUE.
(Yet their is a nugget or two among the rocks)

If you want to learn about firearms,
Take a FSTC, Yea mostly 12 year year olds their.
But if you need it, it is a First Step.
Then go to a good gun club/range, and shoot/learn.
And if your instructor is the least bit condescending, rude, uppity, snide, cocky.  Find another place.  Their are Many.

Watching some of those videos,  this phrase came to be the  consummate, statement.

“You, are making decisions, on False, Incorrect, information, which is, Purposely false”

When this was explained to the, ‘Collage Students from Calf Schools’,
the Intelligent ones said, Hmmmmm, I’ll check that out.

And the FACT, that  CNN and the Like, are,
                  ON Purpose,
 NOT, telling/reporting, All of the News !

Then, at the Very BASE. The, Students did NOT, Understand, ‘Rights’,
They did NOT  know, the 1st & 2nd, ‘rights’, are NOT,  Given,  by the Government.
But they are, RIGHTS, which the government says they will NOT  take away.
                Because they are, Inalienable Rights.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #27 - 05/31/18 at 08:32:54

Trippah wrote on 05/31/18 at 08:08:01:
Just for shistles, isn't our wonderful inner city eg Hartford, Detroit, Cleveland,  Youngstown LA examples of CC (Card Carrying er Conceiled Carry)  places where everyone knows everyone over 10 is carrying (legally or not) and aren't the incredibly high number of gun deaths in those Urban Utopias (compared to upper Darby PA, Concord Ma etc- you know uppah class places) our government has helped to create an argument against the effectiveness of such a program? Back to baby Robin watching, out of the nest and stretching - wife calls it a toddler Robin Grin

Would those places you mention, be like, say, Chicago ?

Where a, 'Part' of the population is probably:
"...everyone over 10 is carrying..."

So the next question is, are those carrying,
in a group of people we will call,
'Good' or 'Bad' guys.

Then, which ones,  follow the law.

Then which group has the government NOT ALLOWED, to have/carry a gun.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 05/31/18 at 08:39:17

The, Students did NOT, Understand, ‘Rights’,
They did NOT  know, the 1st & 2nd, ‘rights’, are NOT,  Given,  by the Government.
But they are, RIGHTS, which the government says they will NOT  take away.
               Because they are, Inalienable Rights.

Government is the God of the godless
I'm not sure they understand natural rights
Or consider the natural state of man

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 06/01/18 at 14:47:40

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/30/18 at 20:49:03:
takes 100 concealed carry holders, to prevent 1 violent crimeS

Really?
Says WHO?

Gosh, I'm just Shocked that there is an ADMISSION that CC guns actually stop crime.
Your statistics are in question.

how do you stay logically consistent when in the last 2 years, violent crime has gone up, while CC has gone up as well?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 22:25:45

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Let's not get confused

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.