Running rich? (Read 166 times)
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Running rich?
Reply #15 - 05/31/18 at 13:21:06

no , you warm the motor to operating temp ,then back the idle screw  out until you obtain the slowest speed you can without the bike stalling, this allows you to hear the rpm change up and down. You then adjust the mix screw until you obtain the highest rpm (I'd start with the screw out about 1 1/4 turns )  .If the screw ends up between about 1 and 2 1/2 turns out your good . if it's less than 1 turn out your pilot jet may be to large, if more than 2 1/2 it may be to small. reset your idle speed screw when you finish to 1000+ rpm .

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Shrulk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 05/31/18 at 16:37:32

Ah ok it's all coming together. So today I pulled the carb, reset the needle to be in the spacer mod position (adjustable needle), checked that the jets are what I thought and I'm have 55pilot and 155 main. Played with the mix screw and noticed that with a very low idle set I can turn the mix screw out about 1/2 to 3/4 turns out and that's the best I get. Anymore than that is very poor low idle almost stalling and anything less it just does.  I'll put the 52.5 in as soon as I get a chance try that.  Thx again everyone. This has been a long learning experience

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #17 - 05/31/18 at 23:16:00

You should do one change at a time ,if it's not working ,you'll know to return to the early setting. I'd test the bike with the needle change first , then ,I'd try the 52.5,( you'll have to retune the mix screw again.)

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Shrulk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 06/01/18 at 08:11:55

I rode the bike after the needle change and seems great, I stalled the 52.5 jest last night and set the mix (so I believe it's close as I can get) but haven't had a chance to ride it since.

IP Logged
Shrulk

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 06/01/18 at 08:12:53

I will say even I can tell that it seems to smell a lot cleaner from from the pipe. O just assumed before it was because of the open exhuast set up

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/28/24 at 09:16:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Running rich?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.