Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New S40 owner, problem with clutch (Read 55 times)
mikeh
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New S40 owner, problem with clutch
05/15/18 at 17:22:17

Hello, I just bought a 2015 S40. I was going to adjust the clutch when I noticed a crack in the cable holder on the engine. I tried to loosen the adjusting nut and the cracked piece fell off, darn! I tried to jb weld it back in place but this did not work, so I used a hose clamp to hold the piece in place that seems to work. However, the clutch works fine, but when I shift into second or any other gear and let the clutch out, I get a tapping noise on the clutch cover (I think), as soon as I pull in the clutch the noise stops, let the clutch back out and it begins again. An ideas on the noise and how to repair the cable holder?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: New S40 owner, problem with clutch
Reply #1 - 05/15/18 at 18:29:35

Both of the adjusting nuts should have been on top of the aluminum arm - sometimes folks put a not on top and bottom and unfortunately break the arm.

If welding is not a possibility for you.....I need to go out and stare at my engine for a while and see if I can think of something creative.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #2 - 05/15/18 at 19:54:27

You could try a thin piece of flat bar steel(1/8 inch ?) , drill two holes, one for the clutch cable ,one to fit over the  threads and be held in place by the nut that holds the speedometer cable, you will have to add washers or a spacer above the O-ring that seals the speedo nut ,the thickness of the steel you use. this should work OK as the clutch cable only puts downward pressure on the plate when you pull in the clutch lever. If your not in favor of using the speedo nut ,you could drill a small hole through the plate into the case between the cables and tap threads, and bolt  it in place.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
mikeh
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/16/18 at 11:02:08

Thank you for your idea, I will look into that!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #4 - 05/16/18 at 18:02:38

You should follow Dave's advice about both nuts being on top, the bottom nut is to adjust ,the top nut is run down to keep the adjustment from changing.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 07:10:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New S40 owner, problem with clutch

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.