Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Drag Strip Times
Reply #15 - 03/28/18 at 05:27:59

youzguyz wrote on 03/27/18 at 09:47:02:
LANCER wrote on 03/27/18 at 03:16:18:
The mod's we do "enhance" the torquey character of this engine.  The cam & piston upgrades are primary and add/expand the torque & power base, while a carb swap is about power & responsiveness.
Other mods correct issues or help with longevity.  One of our members had 150,000 miles on his bike when he rebuilt it last year.  His cylinder and head were in virtually new condition, only the valves and rockers needed replacement.  The cam bearing surfaces were pristine and the camshaft was still very nice.
His bike was still stock and the engine itself had never been cracked open.

He didn't change the rockers.  I know.. I was there and talked him out of it.  
He wanted to buy new ones with the hardened surfaces "just in case", even though the originals looked fine.  I wanted the bike back together.
The arguments were violent.. it was ugly.
Tongue

Apparently the picture in my mind of a set of rockers was from a different engine, my apology for the error.  I've been thinking about this and I am not sure if you even sent the top cover with the head ?  Seems like you didn't now.
The brain is not so agile as it once was. 😜

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Drag Strip Times
Reply #16 - 03/28/18 at 08:58:03

LANCER wrote on 03/28/18 at 05:27:59:
Apparently the picture in my mind of a set of rockers was from a different engine, my apology for the error.  I've been thinking about this and I am not sure if you even sent the top cover with the head ?  Seems like you didn't now.
The brain is not so agile as it once was. 😜

You are correct!
I just sent the cylinder head (valves).  The one where every part that started with "valve" had to be replaced.  Valves, valve springs, valve seals, valve guides.

Pic of my rockers at the time:

DSCF0411sm.JPG

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 22:32:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Drag Strip Times

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.