Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20
Send Topic Print
Twisted Sisters May 2018 (Read 2056 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Twisted Sisters May 2018
Reply #105 - 04/17/18 at 19:18:22

There is definitely good eating in the Hill Country. As I tell my wife, on these rides we do 3 things, we ride, we eat and we BS. And eating is almost as important as riding.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #106 - 04/18/18 at 07:15:17

old.indian wrote on 04/17/18 at 15:45:22:
From my long lost past (early '70s) I remember New Brumfels has haveing some pretty seriously good food.  Is that still true ???? Cool

I don't even know if any of the eating establishments you know from the '70s are still in business!!!
New Braunfels is not one of my normal lunch stopping areas, so I don't know of any exceptional ones.
Do you remember specific places?  If so, I can see if they are still around... and try them out to see if they are any good still.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #107 - 04/18/18 at 07:16:37

springman wrote on 04/17/18 at 19:18:22:
There is definitely good eating in the Hill Country. As I tell my wife, on these rides we do 3 things, we ride, we eat and we BS. And eating is almost as important as riding.

Did we stop at Miss Mays BBQ in Wimberely.. just before the great shock weld?   They closed...  :'(

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #108 - 04/18/18 at 07:50:37

Yep.
youzguyz wrote on 04/24/15 at 04:39:09:
Here are the roads actually ridden during the day rides.
The lettered points are explained for each map where appropriate.
Some points just put to adjust the route for good mileage readings.

Saturday http://goo.gl/maps/CX2sZ
B.  Flooded creek crossing.  If those 4x4 big trucks ain't going through, I don't think we should..  Shocked   Turn around.
C. Sign says road is closed ahead because of high water.  Turn around again.
D. Tower road.  Steep, tight twist, 30mph max kind of road.
E. If you zoom in, you will see Hein road.  That is the way we went.  Google says it doesn't go through to Waring Road, but it does.  You can even see street view all the way through.
First wet crossing that was passable.
F. Alamo Springs Cafe.  LUNCH!!!  Cheesy
G. Just a gas stop
H - I .  Willow City Loop, and the mad dash back to Harry's.  Barely made it before the hail hit.
J. Getting late, getting dark, trying to rain.  Back to base, and made it dry.    Smiley

Sunday http://goo.gl/maps/UWeMN
B. The ranch entrance that looks like a mission.
C. Stone Henge II
D.  The Sisters.  Went clockwise around the loop 337, 335, 41, 336.
E. Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop and Bent Rim Grill.  Git yer swag and bling here!  Grin
F. Gas stop.   Then the last part of the Sisters on 337 towards Vanderpool
G. Stopped in Medina to eat, they were closed already.  Sent the boys up the Sweet 16 so they could ride over the
H. Hump
and I rode home to San Antonio.

Monday - map 1 http://goo.gl/maps/npoZj
B. Met the group in Comfort and had breakfast tacos
C. Skyline Drive - scenic picture spot
D. The "mansion" Time Ship cryogenic research facility.
E-F.  There's that google glitch again for Hein road.  And this time the crossing was dry.
G. There be buffalo here!!
H. The booming megapolis of Kendalia.  General Store and Post Office.
I. Gas stop.. Versy was on reserve.
J. U R Lost.. really.. it says so.
K. The very pretty scenic stop.  
L. Middle Creek "where did the road go?" creek bed crossing.
N. BBQ at Miss Mae's  yummers.  Cool
P. Ran out of google map points.  On to

Map 2  http://goo.gl/maps/9rpSA
B. Devil's Backbone.  Really.. it' just a few twisties, but fun.
C. Shade Tree Saloon and Grill.  Very much a biker hangout.  And where I said "adios amigos" to the gang.   Sad
Sent them on their way west on 473, and I went home along some back roads.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #109 - 04/18/18 at 08:14:56

That was a lot of fun!!!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #110 - 04/18/18 at 08:21:54

Hopefully we can actually do some of the roads this time that had to be missed last time due to high water, low gas and/or broken motorcycle bits and pieces!!

I got GPX files of that years routes that will probably be done again this year, but with some tweaks included.  Dirty Sister.. OH YEAH!!  Subject to my whim of the moment as I come up on a turn.   Roll Eyes

No, I don't have a GPS, but thought someone else might like them.
Let me know if you want them.   If you do, and I don't have your email address, I will ask for it on PM.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #111 - 04/18/18 at 18:14:58

youzguyz wrote on 04/18/18 at 07:15:17:
From my long lost past (early '70s) I remember New Brumfels has haveing some pretty seriously good food.  Is that still true ???? Cool

I don't even know if any of the eating establishments you know from the '70s are still in business!!!
New Braunfels is not one of my normal lunch stopping areas, so I don't know of any exceptional ones.
Do you remember specific places?  If so, I can see if they are still around... and try them out to see if they are any good still.

Forty five years ago and I doubt if any of the places still exist either.   I just remember  that it was worth while to stop and eat there.   German food and the best peach cobbler  Smiley Smiley Smiley.

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #112 - 04/19/18 at 06:44:10

old.indian wrote on 04/18/18 at 18:14:58:
youzguyz wrote on 04/18/18 at 07:15:17:

Forty five years ago and I doubt if any of the places still exist either.   I just remember  that it was worth while to stop and eat there.   German food and the best peach cobbler  Smiley Smiley Smiley.

The might have been Oma's Haus.  Which is gone.

Freiheit Country Store is still there.  Good food.  Almost not in the country any more though..   You can almost see that beat up old building fighting off the modern construction and sub-divisions cropping up around it.   :'(

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #113 - 04/19/18 at 09:09:21

So , Who has the pretty legs now ? Huh

Well , NO - I haven't quit my day job !  Roll Eyes

0418182335b.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #114 - 04/19/18 at 09:35:52

Mike,                                    scroll to the right and up with your browser scroll bar or with your mouse travel

Much much much prettier, but you still got scabbing that is coming off with your socks, leaving a few raw patches that are still active transmission sites.   I would guess that you got some other brown crusty patches on the other side that are still raw and active underneath.

But I would also bet you'd have some solid skin all around inside a month's time if you could just keep from pulling off the scabs when you pull your socks off.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #115 - 04/19/18 at 09:46:48

Well , I did expect a little scaring  !  Roll Eyes   I think its mighty pretty !  Smiley

0418182336.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #116 - 04/19/18 at 09:49:24

Need to scroll around some to see it fairly well.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #117 - 04/19/18 at 09:57:27

Are you looking at the water droplets from the fresh washing  ?    Those pictures are to big for my screen to see them with out reducing my screen resolution about 10 fold from normal ... My computer only has a 17" screen !  Huh

Yea , the skin is thin and the top of even those short socks rubs raw places.  
so
What the recipe for getting thicker skin ? .

transmission sites.    Huh

There never were any Transmission sites ... the people I live with and cook for every day would have had a problem if there were any "Transmission Sites" .    Roll Eyes
That's kind of of like saying you might catch Cancer from somebody if you get with-in there Transmission radius ... Yea , There are all manner of illnesses out there for us to have  and  usually we're not in charge of which ones catch us.    
I'm not one to kiss and tell , but , if Rubbing legs with my wife hasn't Transmissioned Cellulitis to her , then I don't think you have anything to worry about !  Grin

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #118 - 04/19/18 at 10:50:07

Mike, the active bacteria in Cellulitis is in the staph/strep family.    You never got your report from your doctor saying exactly what bacteria you had exactly, although you had requested that the testing done by him.

You are mostly over it now and obviously your wife and son never got it.   This does not mean you are not still active with it and if you have exposed raw meat you can potentially transmit it to someone else who is susceptible to it by surface contact (and this means 3rd party surfaces like toilets and shower stalls, chairs, picnic tables, etc).  

Each player gets to make their own decisions based on what they have for known existing medical conditions.   And yes, I am paranoid about staph/strep infections because I have to be.

https://healthfully.com/long-staph-infection-contagious-5498100.html

Identification and Symptoms

Staph infections appear in a variety of forms and varying degrees of intensity, but the first signs usually appear in the skin as small skin punctures that look like open wounds or red, swollen sores. The drainage of pus is common, and present another risk for the spread of the infection, as the drainage can get on clothes and bed linens. The staph infection cellulitus is bright red and painful. Typical infection forms are boils, or furnacles, which are abscesses in the skin; pus-filled red blisters at the hair follicles, called folliculitis; and crusted lesions and blisters on the skin's surface, called impetigo.

Mike, if your new skin is pulling off with your socks, you are still active.   The remains of the little blisters still showing on the lower front area say you are still active.   The remnants of the little pits going down through the layers of the skin that show in both pics say you are still active.

If you go on the Texas trip, you need to keep your leg wrapped up with a sterile bandage and keep putting your anti-bacterial cremes on every morning and night.   Also, washing your clothes with other folks isn't a smart thing to be doing, either.

Mike, I understand you don't want to be contagious, and I understand that it sucks to have folks be a little afraid of you for having a "skin rash".   But, as you have seen twice now in your own lifetime it isn't just a minor skin rash, it can get nasty on you -- bad enough to put you on full disability and put a large hole in your calf the first time around that you got it.   Second time, you got off light with only 3 days in the hospital.

It also can do bad things to heart valves, even with healthy people.

Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 04/19/18 at 20:51:33 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #119 - 04/19/18 at 14:43:34

MM, I understand Oldfeller's concern. Your legs are looking much better though (I don't believe I have ever said anything like that about a man before! Grin).

I just received the sissy bar bag I ordered from Jafrum. It is actually bigger than I thought. I'll fill it up and give it a try soon. At least my wife won't say I look like a homeless man on a motorcycle this time. And hopefully the bag will actually stay put and I won't have to adjust it at every fuel stop.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 20:03:25

General CategoryThe Cafe › Twisted Sisters May 2018

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.