Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Send Topic Print
Twisted Sisters May 2018 (Read 2056 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Twisted Sisters May 2018
Reply #15 - 03/08/18 at 07:18:24

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/08/18 at 03:02:52:
Wink  Making all the lookie-loos all vote just to see the results is going to skew your data quite a bit I suspect .....

I added an option for you.

WWW   IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #16 - 03/08/18 at 07:53:20

I'm interested and retired.   I just can't commit as of this date.   Huh

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #17 - 03/08/18 at 08:49:20

Old.indian, it would be great if you could join us. Hope that you can make it.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #18 - 03/08/18 at 08:54:16

I cast my vote but I am fine with either week. I have not idea what lookie loo is!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 03/08/18 at 09:27:03

When you put up a poll on a trip you provide a lookie loo vote spot for those who aren't going or else they vote for something just so they can see the poll results.   Get a couple three or four doing that and your poll is rendered useless.

Lookie Loo voting spots are useful, that way your lookie loos don't go mess up your poll results.    Plus it gives your perpetually undecided a chance to recognize what they really are ..... lookie loos.

You and Verslagen have voted, nobody else has done so as they are unsure if they are going to be going this way early into things.

Trying to prognosticate the weather two months out is a skill we have never ever accomplished here on the list.*   We do a lot better inside 2 weeks out and are fairly accurate inside a week out.

*Nobody but MM that is, and he always says "Go !!!!!"  unless he has a long track history of getting a consistent wet and cold drizzly mess on the trip in question.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #20 - 03/08/18 at 09:54:07

Cool. I should be able to take off most any time in May. I will indicate that I intend to take a week of that month but that I just do not yet know which week.

It would be cool to meet Old.indian and if I recall correctly he has a souped up savage that he took his sweet time putting together specifically to his liking.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #21 - 03/08/18 at 10:38:15

Hay Versey ,

You Still Working Folks  "VOTE" , and I'll just go along with ya'll's  hard earned Vacations .   Some day you'll know how it is when Every-Day is Saturday !   I hope  Grin Grin Grin.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #22 - 03/08/18 at 11:09:24

I voted "Lookie" because I am unable to commit that I will be able to attend.  I don't know one way or the other.... Im close enough that I can put the bike in the truck and be there PDQ.   Cool

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #23 - 03/08/18 at 13:53:38

Anybody else? This is a really fun ride. There is ridiculously good food in the area and the cabin is relatively cheap. Other than possibly fording a stream when Neal takes us off the beaten path, the skill level required for this is not as great as for the tail of the Dragon. And come on ya'll, do you really want to hang around the tail end of a dragon when instead you could meet up with Three Twisted Sisters?!? Roll Eyes

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 03/08/18 at 14:09:25

Where: Kerrville Schreiner Park  
http://www.kerrville.org/index.aspx?NID=1054

Mini-Cabin info:
MINI CABIN DESCRIPTION
23 Mini-Cabins are available to rent throughout the Hill and River Sides of the park. Each 12ft X18ft Mini-Cabin includes two sets of bunk beds, dining table with four chairs, air / heat, 20 AMP outlet inside, utility pole with water and electricity (20 and 30 AMP), picnic table outside the Mini-Cabin, and campfire pit or barbeque grill or combination unit.
All Mini-Cabins are located near restroom facilities with flush toilets and hot showers.
Linens are not provided.
Check in time is 3:00 p.m. with a 12:00 p.m. check out.

We are pleased that you have chosen to use one of our mini-cabins. In order to ensure these facilities are preserved and will service you, uur customer, to their full potential for many years to come, we require a security and cleaning deposit of $25 for each mini-cabin that is rented.
This payment can be made with whatever payment method you prefer (credit card, check, or cash), but the refund can only be processed by check from the City of Kerrville and may take up to 8-10 business days before you receive it in the mail. In addition, all refunds are sent directly to the address used while making the original reservation. To receive your deposit refund, the following
conditions must be met:
1. The campsite area as well as the building itself must be free of trash and debris this includes cigarette butts & confetti;
2. The furnishings must not be damaged, torn, or broken. You will be held liable for replacement costs of furnishings.
3. An inventory of furnishings will be made after you return the key. The following items are provided for your convenience. (DO NOT REMOVE ANY OF THE FURNISHINGS FROM THE CABIN):
Table, folding chairs (4), 2 sets of bunk beds with mattresses (no linens provided), smoke detector, fire extinguisher, broom and dust pan, and key to the cabin - return to office, use "night deposit tube" located to left of Park Headquarters door ONLY if office is closed
4. Please report any spills (that cannot be cleaned up with paper towels or towels) promptly, so that we can attend to them before permanent damage occurs.
5. All facilities are smoke-free and pet-free. The Fire Marshall has prohibited cooking inside the mini-cabins; only coffee pots are permitted. All cooking must be done outside the cabins.
6. Check-out time is 12:00 noon; the key must be returned to the Park Headquarters by that time or you may be held liable for another night's site rental fee as well as a forfeit of deposit. Please understand that we need time to prepare these facilities for reuse.

Failure to adhere to any of these conditions will result in a forfeiture of your entire deposit. If the cost of damages or loss exceeds the deposit amount, you will be liable for the actual cost of repairs, or professional skills it takes a park staff member to return the facility to a useable condition, minus the $25 deposit withheld. Although we do inventory of each cabin's furnishings after every departure, we suggest that you check to see that all of the items listed above are actually in your assigned cabin upon arrival. If you notice anything missing or damaged at that time, please be sure to report back to the Park Headquarters immediately, so that you will not be held responsible.

CANCELLATION POLICY
All cancellations must be given in writing. E-mail is an easy way to cancel, providing all details are included. E-mail cancellations to kerrpark@kerrvilletx.gov with the following information:
name in which the reservation is under receipt # if available
verification of address (so applicable refunds can be mailed to the correct address), reason for cancellation

You may choose one of these refund options if you cancel in writing 48 hours prior to your reservation:
Leave a credit on your account to be used toward future Parks & Recreation items.
Request a refund of your registration minus a $20.00 processing fee per item.

Deposits will be refunded only if 48 hours prior written notification of cancellation is given to the Parks and Recreation office. No refunds are made due to adverse weather conditions unless the park is closed by the City for safety reasons. All applicable refunds will be issued via check and may take up to 8-10 business days for you to receive it.
Please note: All deposit / cancellation refund checks are made payable to the person who's name is on the reservation receipt; we are unable to detour from this policy due to auditing purposes. Make
sure name, address, city, state, and ZIP codes are all correct, thank you.

SPECIAL NOTICE
Please check with Park Headquarters for status of any burn bans at (830) 257-7300.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #25 - 03/08/18 at 14:12:07

link to 2016
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1414666722

South Texas does have some might fine twisty roads in the "Hill Country".
The classic set is the "Three Twisted Sisters" out around Leakey.  Highways 335, 336, 337.
Other goodies are 39 out of Hunt, Lime Creek by Lake (Puddle) Travis, McDonald Loop and 1341 by Centerpoint, etc.
Hill Country back roads, cattle guards, water crossings, roads without lines, scenery sublime and fine eateries.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #26 - 03/08/18 at 17:55:36

OK ,,,

I'm going to vote for the first week , and the second week as a RAIN Date !  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #27 - 03/08/18 at 22:45:23

weeks of the 13th and 20th are available the week after is booked.
So I'll book the 13th soon.

$50 a night plus tax for the cabin... room enough for 6
for 6 nights it'll be about $300 between the 3 of us or $100 each.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #28 - 03/09/18 at 09:09:36

Works for me. Let's git-r-done.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #29 - 03/11/18 at 20:45:03

Versey , Should I bring cash or do ya take "Pay-Pal" ... , Well after PayPal fees I guess I should send a little more (as it should be) ...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:25:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › Twisted Sisters May 2018

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.