NRA (Read 440 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: NRA
Reply #75 - 02/28/18 at 12:36:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/28/18 at 10:59:36:
That's a great idea. If they spent a few million dollars offering free safety and shooting classes, they would build support for the NRA and the second amendment, which would create the same or better political power that would influence the politicians to vote in support of the interests of that base.

What's the matter with that?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #76 - 02/28/18 at 13:43:43

T And T Garage wrote on 02/28/18 at 12:33:34:
MShipley wrote on 02/28/18 at 11:59:24:
kinda like Planed Parenthood?

No, not like that at all - you really should research before you post:

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/08/05/429641062/fact-check-ho...

http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/clientsum.php?id=D000000591

Now, if you're too lazy to actually go to those sites, let me educate you.   Planned Parenthood's revenue is roughly $1.3B.  In 2017 they spent roughly $1.38 million on lobbying.  Last time I checked, 1 million is one-thousandth of a billion.

What say you now?

Actually you are right, it is a bad comparison. As MnSpring points out the NRA is a private entity that exist solely on the donations of it's supports whom expect them to lobby the government to protect the rights of the people.

Planed Parenthood is supported by the taxpayers against many of their will for the purpose of destroying life and should not be allowed to spend ANY of the taxpayers money on lobbying.

The sad thing is conservatives and liberals are all just as disturbed about the killings. We just have different approaches to fixing it, but since everyone wants to draw a line in the sand for their team nothing gets done.

If we don't start putting forth flags of truce and actually start working together the killings will continue.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #77 - 02/28/18 at 13:55:31

The sad thing is conservatives and liberals are all just as disturbed about the killings. We just have different approaches to fixing it.

What the left call
Common Sense
Isn't.

Why is EVERYTHING that is precious protected by Something just a bit more real than a Frikken SIGN?

And my post goes unaddressed
Again...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #78 - 02/28/18 at 13:57:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/28/18 at 12:36:20:
That's a great idea. If they spent a few million dollars offering free safety and shooting classes, they would build support for the NRA and the second amendment, which would create the same or better political power that would influence the politicians to vote in support of the interests of that base.

I guess taking it to the Logical Conclusion is not in line with the goals.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #79 - 02/28/18 at 14:49:32

MShipley wrote on 02/28/18 at 13:43:43:
Actually you are right, it is a bad comparison. As MnSpring points out the NRA is a private entity that exist solely on the donations of it's supports whom expect them to lobby the government to protect the rights of the people.

Planed Parenthood is supported by the taxpayers against many of their will for the purpose of destroying life and should not be allowed to spend ANY of the taxpayers money on lobbying.

LMAO!!!  The "purpose of destroying life??  It's 3% of what they do... abortions makes up 3% - that's it.  You and your ilk have no clue what Planned Parenthood does.  You just parrot the likes of bill o'reilly and alex jones.  Shame on you.

The sad thing is conservatives and liberals are all just as disturbed about the killings. We just have different approaches to fixing it, but since everyone wants to draw a line in the sand for their team nothing gets done.

Really?  So why is it that everything up to this point hasn't done squat?  Why is it that we don't even try gun control (not banning)?

If we don't start putting forth flags of truce and actually start working together the killings will continue.

That's fine - as soon as people realize that we all take the blame - some goes to repubs, some to dems, some to the nra, etc., etc.

But don't conflate the issue by "what about..."

The origin of this thread was "how is the nra so powerful?"

Mine was the first response to try and answer the question.
"The nra knows its audience.  Most conservatives live in fear of, well, pretty much everything.  People of color, non-Christians, non-heterosexuals, science, young people (especially those that protest), the big bad government and anything else that isn't "one of them".  However, one of their biggest fears is not having unfettered access to guns..."

Debate the issue or the question posed.  It's as simple as that.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #80 - 02/28/18 at 15:20:09

MShipley wrote on 02/28/18 at 10:09:01:
verslagen1 wrote on 02/28/18 at 07:32:35:
shippy, unless you discuss their point your point is invalid, even though they themselves can reference other points if it validates their point.

My fault, I forget that the Progressive Worldview is not actually interested in resolving issues. Why is the NRA so powerful? Thats easy, they stand on the side of the average American citizen.

no, they don't, they don't even stand on the side of their own members.

After Sandy Hook, America (including NRA members, obviously) wanted to do something, we could have had this discussion then, but the Republicans and the NRA denied it.  

also, despite what they say, the NRA is the reason the background check system is so flawed.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #81 - 02/28/18 at 15:22:48

SO back to my original post
NRA has 5 mil members
they don't (according to them) support any candidates they do rate them tho
how can less than 5% of us dictate policy??

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #82 - 02/28/18 at 15:48:57

thumperclone wrote on 02/28/18 at 15:22:48:
SO back to my original post
NRA has 5 mil members
they don't (according to them) support any candidates they do rate them tho
how can less than 5% of us dictate policy??

Thank you for getting it back on track!  

Like I said before - it's fear.  The image of Charlton Heston comes to mind, making a big statement by holding up a rifle at a rally and saying "out of my cold, dead hands".  Those kinds of statements rally the conservative base.  Look at the fervor that they defend the right to own (pretty much) any firearm they want.  It's sad.

But it's not just the nra membership, it's the pablum they feed the (mostly scared) conservative masses.  "Oh, but we have to fight tyranny"... pffft - yeah right... What tyranny?  Not enough conservative cable channels?  Too many of "them gays"?  I'd probably be right in saying that most of the people on this entire board (not just the Tall Table) have never known hunger or homelessness.  You want to see tyranny, move to the Middle East.  No, strike that - go live in Wells and Goodfellow in St. Louis or Englewood in Chicago...

But to give credit where credit is due - the nra has fantastic lobbyists.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #83 - 02/28/18 at 16:03:03

What's the matter?
Too original for you?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #84 - 02/28/18 at 16:05:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/28/18 at 13:55:31:
The sad thing is conservatives and liberals are all just as disturbed about the killings. We just have different approaches to fixing it.

What the left call
Common Sense
Isn't.

Why is EVERYTHING that is precious protected by Something just a bit more real than a Frikken SIGN?

Again...

I guess logic isn't your strong point..
Can't argue with my point?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #85 - 02/28/18 at 16:19:45

T And T Garage wrote on 02/28/18 at 14:49:32:
"...  Why is it that we don't even try gun control ..."

What is your, version of, 'gun control',
(I know it is not a firm grasp, to better aim with)

What is, YOUR, version.

How many Times have I asked ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #86 - 02/28/18 at 16:26:36

MnSpring wrote on 02/28/18 at 16:19:45:
"...  Why is it that we don't even try gun control ..."

What is your, version of, 'gun control',
(I know it is not a firm grasp, to better aim with)

What is, YOUR, version.

How many Times have I asked ?

I'm actually kind of pleased with the direction Trump outlined today.  

he actually emphasized better, stronger background checks along with better security at schools and other vulnerable targets and raising the age for gun purchases ( I think that's a bit presumptuous but it'd only limit some guns so not terrible)

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #87 - 02/28/18 at 16:41:07

Byjustin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/28/18 at 16:03:03:

What's the matter?
Too original for you?

WTF?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #88 - 02/28/18 at 16:42:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/28/18 at 16:05:15:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/28/18 at 13:55:31:

What the left call
Common Sense
Isn't.

Again...

I guess logic isn't your strong point..
Can't argue with my point?

I thought all you lefties were smart..
But none of you want to say anything..
Gee, how surprising.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #89 - 02/28/18 at 18:17:51

"...  It's 3% of what they do... abortions makes up 3% - that's it. ..." 

From one of the, Favorite Liberal web sites, comes this:

"The 3 percent figure that Planned Parenthood uses is misleading, comparing abortion services to every other service that it provides. The organization treats each service — pregnancy test, STD test, abortion, birth control — equally. Yet there are obvious difference between a surgical (or even medical) abortion, and offering a urine (or even blood) pregnancy test."

So the  Liberal 3%, ,  (Which had been repeated over and over and over)
Is just as wrong as the 93%  stated ONE time, in a speech.

YET, PP, is  VERY  Quiet about it.

Here are some facts:
323,999 abortions were performed in 2014 by PP
That's 886 a  DAY, and Just PP.
Total from other doctors/clinics, about,
1,780  a  DAY.    A  DAY

Even using the total, LIE, of a figure,
the  Anti-Gun, LIBERALS say.
GUN deaths are 82 a  DAY.
 (Think that is mostly in Chicago)
The  REAL Figure is more like 38 a day.
That's  1,740 MORE,  Deaths
KILLING  a  Baby, by abortion,
than by firearms.
To compare, that is about 3,560  Deaths by Car/Truck/MC
  PER   DAY   !

DEATH, per DAY, BY ...:
Cars = 3,560  per DAY
Abortion = 1,788 per  DAY
Guns = 38  Per DAY

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 00:06:15

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › NRA

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.