Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Common Sense gun control prevails.. (Read 43 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Common Sense gun control prevails..
03/05/18 at 09:43:24

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/florida-senate-rejects-ban-assault-weapons-votes-ar...

Florida arms teachers..
Well, actually Stopped Disarming them.

I don't remember anyone else agreeing with me to allow concealed carry in places that sell alcohol.
I remember the naysayers, arguing that Texas would be awash in bloody cowboy boots,,
Nope...
Maybe you should watch and see how it works when signs announcing that Nobody is HERE and Ready to do defend the lives of the students are gone and everyone knows there are armed, trained and practiced people in there.
Or maybe the FACT that it's nearly Always a gun free zone is just coincidence.
But when Israel had a school shooting their Response wasn't an idiotic SIGN, nope, they armed teachers.

vote was 20-17 against the assault weapon ban, with two Republicans joining all of the senate's 15 Democrats in support of the proposal, the Miami Herald reported.

The full bill, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act, is expected to pass the state Senate on Monday, then go to the Florida House.

After the Senate rejected the ban, Stoneman Douglas student Jaclyn Corin tweeted, "This breaks my heart, but we will NOT let this ruin our movement. This is for the kids."

Hopefully it will pass on through..

Anyone care to hazard a guess about why the two bubs jumped the aisle?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Common Sense gun control prevails..
Reply #1 - 03/05/18 at 09:54:51

Read this...
Why school shootings are so rare in Israel, where guns are such a common sight
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/why-school-shootings-are-so-rare-in-isra...

excerpts...
Quote:
Israeli security experts also say that gun violence is rare in Israel because privately held guns are so rare.

According to an Israeli government website, civilians must be over 27 years old to obtain a gun license, although those recently released from military service are also eligible. Israelis serve in the military from age 18 to 21.

...once an Israeli finishes military service, it becomes difficult to obtain a gun.

research showed that Israel ranks 81st in the world for ­per-capita firearm ownership, with fewer than 1 in 10 Israelis owning firearms. The United States, with one firearm for every person, ranks first.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 03/05/18 at 10:02:42

That's not gonna work.
Why do you so resist when you KNOW everything that's precious is protected?
Only a fortress to repel, like money in a safe, or , if we don't want children effectively imprison, we protect them from attackers with guns in the hands of trained people.

Let's try that. That's the Easiest and most obvious approach.

It's not destructive of the Rights of anyone.
It's actually just Eliminating a mistake.
They should never have hung those signs.
Are people afraid to see what will happen when it's obvious that the policy that failed is responsible for so many avoidable tragedies?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 03/05/18 at 10:33:19

Anyone care to hazard a guess about why the two bubs jumped the aisle?

I am bothered by this statement.
Rubber stamps is a major component to the current water level in the swamp.

Let me phrase it like this, as to why......

I build jets, yeah, I know...scary.
My responsibilities to ensure I build the aircraft as engineered, falls in to two categories.
One job/operation is witnessed.
By that, it means a quality inspector physically watches me as I build exactly to the engineering intent, no variance allowed, or deviation....
even IF, I can't, because of a mitigating circumstance that was the result of another, say, like a mismatched between supplied parts.
I have to generate a tag, which will be engineered to allow me a "fix" that still maintains intended integrity of the aircraft, while addressing the issue.

I, and the quality inspector, both stamp the procedure/operation that is was done correctly, in accordance with all applicable requirements.

I could readily pull a hole, or oversize a hole, to compensate the "mistake" of another, HOWEVER, every single process I do on that plane needs to be documented and recorded to that aircraft for its entire life of service....
Yes, voluminous hard copies, paper, are attached to that plane wherever it is.

The other "inspection" is my own....
I stamp, or buy my own inspection, under perjury laws and its threat of punishment, that I followed the build exactly.

Which as a flier, do you find more assuring?

It cost LOTS of money to do a quality inspection, and it slows the build as well.

So, I want a politician to look at ALL pertinent information re: legislation to ensure it is the best possible application to a problem regardless of party affiliation.

Sorry, for the long wind, I got weeks of recovery, get used to it  Grin Grin Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #4 - 03/05/18 at 10:41:55

The reported plan is a Commonsense gun control plan only to NRA sponsored political head in the sand idiots.  In Florida, the school had an armed off duty policeman..didn't do much good.  he Pulse night club had an armed, off duty policeman...didn't do much good.  It seems only the armed neighborhood watch guy who shoots and kills a BLACK teenager gets it done, and I suspect the I on I against a unarmed kid had a lot to do with.  So JOG, if trained many hours policemen can't get it done (due in large part to situational chaos) and only 1 on 1 armed vs unarmed seems to work..I think the plan is suck the hind teat of the NRA.
But hey, you gun folks know  so much more. Grin Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 03/05/18 at 10:57:42

Seatbelts

Somewhat effective
Effective
Perfect

People die wearing them.

The fact that cops didn't enter doesn't matter.

People Already IN the school won't be Asked to put themselves in the situation.
They're ALREADY in it.

They can hide, or defend themselves and the kids.
Armed teachers will outnumber the krazies, or,
Society has collapsed.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 03/05/18 at 11:26:43

What is more lethal......

A enraged sycophant with a AK47, or, 3 people with a single shot weapon, at differing quadrants, of the sycophant?

Maybe you could even ask, 2?

I am merely stating a factual observation, I don't like the fact a gun is needed in the classroom, however, our children NEED protection until we can hopefully find solutions to this without building more prisons, for our children to attend class in  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 03/05/18 at 11:58:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/05/18 at 10:57:42:
Seatbelts

Somewhat effective
Effective
Perfect

People die wearing them.

The fact that cops didn't enter doesn't matter.

People Already IN the school won't be Asked to put themselves in the situation.
They're ALREADY in it.

They can hide, or defend themselves and the kids.
Armed teachers will outnumber the krazies, or,
Society has collapsed.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/24/24 at 04:27:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Common Sense gun control prevails..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.