Send Topic Print
Ohio sheriff says (Read 113 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Ohio sheriff says
02/18/18 at 19:23:17

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/ohio-sheriff-will-offer-free-conceal-carry-c...

Surprising what people who aren't so afraid of everything can do. Some people search high and low for the smallest reason to not step out.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Ohio sheriff says
Reply #1 - 02/18/18 at 19:49:28

Does the school let them carry once they take the free class?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/18/18 at 20:59:46

I'm supposed to know?
Here's what we have

An offer to teaching safety and shooting technique.

Will any teachers want to?
Who knows?
How will the schools, how will the parents, feel?
Who knows?
It's a start.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/19/18 at 06:40:35

Educators, treatment center and private security can have free CCW classes where I'm from, multiple organizations have offered this for years.  But the law prohibits them from carrying in schools so its only applicable outside the property.  

Similar to how some government LE have national reciprocity when it comes to concealed carry, but they can not have that weapon on themselves or their vehicle when they are at work.  So they can only protect themselves and others when they are off duty and not on Federal property.  Makes a ton of sense.  This has been in litigation for years, unfortunately.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 02/19/18 at 07:21:04

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 02/19/18 at 12:37:52

Ahh yeah I remember that video.  There's plenty out there.

A while back when I was still working in a medical center full time we had a law enforcement officer come in with a perforation in his left hand and his wife had a bullet wound puncture in her right leg.

He was showing people in a CCW class that the weapon wouldn't fire "out of battery" and proceeded to shoot himself in the hand and his wife in the thigh with one pull of the trigger.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/19/18 at 13:31:27

Eegore wrote on 02/19/18 at 12:37:52:
Ahh yeah I remember that video.  There's plenty out there.

A while back when I was still working in a medical center full time we had a law enforcement officer come in with a perforation in his left hand and his wife had a bullet wound puncture in her right leg.

He was showing people in a CCW class that the weapon wouldn't fire "out of battery" and proceeded to shoot himself in the hand and his wife in the thigh with one pull of the trigger.

yeah, we don't need any gun control....   with geniuses like this carrying

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 02/19/18 at 13:50:00

Can't I use the same technique?

Can't I point out the failed border security techniques currently being used as a rational not to expand those techniques in the same manner you point out an accidental gun discharge as an argument against a different approach to school security?  

I say we need a wall. You say no, we need better digital security, better employment verifications etc....   I could point to dozens perhaps hundreds, maybe thousands of cases if I go back for enough, where illegal aliens have been captured, deported, came back across, committed crimes, some murders, robberies, rapes, etc...  Why can't I show a picture of a sleeping border guard or a crashed drone, or the  murdered body of a citizen killed by a repeat offender and laugh at your notion that we don't need a wall?

Jog has pointed out repeatedly the obvious fact that if you were in a locked school room with a shooter moving from room to room and you had a choice to pull out your gun and take your chances or lay there waiting and take your chances, we'd all pull out the gun.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/19/18 at 14:22:21

WebsterMark wrote on 02/19/18 at 13:50:00:
Can't I use the same technique?

Can't I point out the failed border security techniques currently being used as a rational not to expand those techniques in the same manner you point out an accidental gun discharge as an argument against a different approach to school security?  

I say we need a wall. You say no, we need better digital security, better employment verifications etc....   I could point to dozens perhaps hundreds, maybe thousands of cases if I go back for enough, where illegal aliens have been captured, deported, came back across, committed crimes, some murders, robberies, rapes, etc...  Why can't I show a picture of a sleeping border guard or a crashed drone, or the  murdered body of a citizen killed by a repeat offender and laugh at your notion that we don't need a wall?

Jog has pointed out repeatedly the obvious fact that if you were in a locked school room with a shooter moving from room to room and you had a choice to pull out your gun and take your chances or lay there waiting and take your chances, we'd all pull out the gun.

the problem with your wall argument is that those things happen just as much with citizens as well, how many times have we heard of the guy with 5 dui's finally killing someone in another crash, how many times have there been repeat offenders caught and released by our jail system only to commit even worse crimes later, all by citizens, or the repeat raper finally getting caught ... etc...  you can point to any illegal alien committing a crime and I can point to a natural born citizen doing the same thing.

illegal aliens simply aren't the scourge of the earth that you and JOG think they are, there are plenty of white trash mofo's I'd rather deport than Daca recipients. You've been buying the fear that Fox News and it's conservative counterparts are selling.  

what we need on the southern border is a country with a healthy vital economy that can take care of it's own citizens, like Canada on our northern border.  I never said we needed better border security or laws, if what you say is an issue than we need to enforce our current standards better

I just hope you are trained and actually know what the hell you're doing when you pull out your gun, but I rather think you'd be one of those guys who's just a bit too gleeful in the actually being able to use your gun, but that still might be better than nothing.  

I'm not against guns or anything for whatever reason, but there's a minimum requirement for being able to operate a vehicle, and I don't see why there shouldn't be a slightly more stringent minimum requirement for handling a deadly weapon.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 02/19/18 at 14:54:32

the problem with your wall argument is that those things happen just as much with citizens as well, how many times have we heard of the guy with 5 dui's finally killing someone in another crash, how many times have there been repeat offenders caught and released by our jail system only to commit even worse crimes later, all by citizens, or the repeat raper finally getting caught ... etc...  you can point to any illegal alien committing a crime and I can point to a natural born citizen doing the same thing.

the difference is we are adding instances in one example and not in the other. The domestic DUI is a citizen. It's a very simple method for adding a layer of protection by building a wall. And of course there's always the 2 wrongs don't make a right. One has nothing to do with the other.

illegal aliens simply aren't the scourge of the earth that you and JOG think they are, there are plenty of white trash mofo's I'd rather deport than Daca recipients. You've been buying the fear that Fox News and it's conservative counterparts are selling.  

Anytime someone starts with the "Fox News" BS it's disappointing. I can simply say you've been buying the fear that MSNBC sells. And I never said they are the scourge of the earth, I said there is a percentage who are and it's unnecessary to add that to our existing load of mofo's.

what we need on the southern border is a country with a healthy vital economy that can take care of it's own citizens, like Canada on our northern border.  I never said we needed better border security or laws, if what you say is an issue than we need to enforce our current standards better

Canada has the immigration policy we should have. We do need a wall and better employment verification. Period. You have a fence and a lock on your door for a reason. it's your house. You invite in who you want, not forced to deal with whomever is clever enough to sneak in.

I just hope you are trained and actually know what the hell you're doing when you pull out your gun, but I rather think you'd be one of those guys who's just a bit too gleeful in the actually being able to use your gun, but that still might be better than nothing.  

You don't know $hit about me and I refuse to engage another a$$hole like TT so I'll let that slide. this has been a useful exchange so far.

I'm not against guns or anything for whatever reason, but there's a minimum requirement for being able to operate a vehicle, and I don't see why there shouldn't be a slightly more stringent minimum requirement for handling a deadly weapon.

A serious question; why do you think the 2nd Amendment was written and what it's for?

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 02/19/18 at 15:10:30

you know, I knew I never should have engaged in an argument about the sacred second amendment.  so I'm done.  you aren't changing my mind, I'm not changing yours, go ahead and think I'm an a$$hole

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 02/19/18 at 15:48:12

Are we reading separate post?...... Did I refer to you as an a$$hole? I don't think so.

I asked what you thought of it and now you want to stop?

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 02/19/18 at 15:51:22

WebsterMark wrote on 02/19/18 at 15:48:12:
Are we reading separate post?...... Did I refer to you as an a$$hole? I don't think so.

I asked what you thought of it and now you want to stop?

it wouldn't matter if I agreed with you 100% on this or anything else, you'd still think I"m some evil lefty trying to destroy America.  

so, yeah, I'm not bothering anymore.

bye bye now

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 02/19/18 at 15:58:36

Serowbot wrote on 02/19/18 at 07:21:04:

LOLOLO,  A -Yep, sure is a  Funny VIDIO.
(That was a long time  ago)

Goes to show, even a Cop,
(who want’s to be a gangster, as per his talk)
         CAN, be  a  D.F.I.

Not the Norm though.  
Did provide a  Great Laugh to ALL those, who Know ‘Safety’.

OH, here is, ’the rest of the story’
 He  SUED, the DEA,   (think 2006)
 Because, HE  IS   STUPID !!!!!!!

Here is a quote, from:
   ‘What Happened To”
"The DEA, surprisingly, didn't fire him, or at least didn't do so right away. When the video got out, he sued the DEA for ruining his reputation (although I doubt the DEA had anything to do with the video getting out). My understanding is that he and the DEA eventually parted ways, and I don't know what has happened to him since.”
https://www.quora.com/What-ever-happened-to-the-law-enforcement-officer-who-a...

(OH, BTW, Doesn’t have a single thing relevant to a  ‘CRAZY’ shooting up a school)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 02/19/18 at 16:23:22

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/19/18 at 15:51:22:
"... bye bye now

WOW,  Just because someone asked:
"...why do you think the 2nd Amendment was written and what it's for?..."

You,  RUN AWAY !

(What was said in that movie ?, 'Can't handle the Truth'))

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 06:50:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Ohio sheriff says

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.