Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Petrodollar, war, and the coming change (Read 51 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Petrodollar, war, and the coming change
12/16/17 at 13:09:12

While our real productivity on the world stage has dropped, our imports are huge, and our standard of living has been stunted, but not nearly so much as it should have been.
The reason for our continued apparent good fortune is the Petrodollar and the deal made with Saudi Arabia long ago.
We've got a lot of Economic Law breaking history that will be causing us pain. Our productivity was extinguished by the trade deals. The number of people who live on farms is way down.
Our lives were mostly during the period of these distortions of the natural economic thinking. Few people see what has been done. We're going to see what Henry Ford was talking about.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-13/gold-will-soar-china-kneecaps-dollar

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: Petrodollar, war, and the coming change
Reply #1 - 12/16/17 at 23:38:57

Too deep?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 12/17/17 at 09:40:07

Jog buddy.....

Why do you return to a dry well?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 12/17/17 at 09:45:18

I just toss out provocative ideas, hoping to stimulate the people. I guess if I would just learn to focus on the superficial and transient things and learn to get all excited about every little thing then I could fit in better.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 12/17/17 at 10:06:02

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/17/17 at 09:45:18:
I just toss out provocative ideas, hoping to stimulate the people. I guess if I would just learn to focus on the superficial and transient things and learn to get all excited about every little thing then I could fit in better.

Your sarcasm noted.
Its your call.
If tossing out tidbits, is feeding your need, who am I to question your diet.....
Be my guest.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/18/17 at 08:20:19

Its an interesting article, of course with no references as usual.  So while I know some of it to be true, its still an opinion piece.  

Our economy will have to adjust.  A big part of that is changing our consumer habits and not blaming politicians and economists for everything.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 12/18/17 at 08:30:32

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/17/17 at 09:45:18:
I guess if I would just learn to focus on the superficial and transient things and learn to get all excited about every little thing then I could fit in better.

Trees,.... pretty... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 12/18/17 at 08:53:42

Eegore wrote on 12/18/17 at 08:20:19:
 Its an interesting article, of course with no references as usual.  So while I know some of it to be true, its still an opinion piece.  

Our economy will have to adjust.  A big part of that is changing our consumer habits and not blaming politicians and economists for everything.

Opinions are worth what they cost. They are not always supported by reference material,and if they were, what references support the reference?
At some point we have to use what we know and hold it up and look at the events of the day Through that lens.
The problem is the people who have no real knowledge and understanding of the federal reserve deciding their opinion matters. Or they don't respect the opinions of the people who do know.

Of course, predictions, Especially predictions about the future, are, well, hazardous to say the least.

Things can change, and Seeing the direction and likely outcomes isn't limited to mere observers. Policy makers see and can make changes.

Knowing HOW the Petrodollar came to be is important.
Who is surprised to find that for decades All oil sales were done in dollars?
How is that even reasonable?
It's GREAT for America, because it creates a market for dollars, which makes selling t-bills a lot easier.

That has propped up our economy.
The trade deals hurt us.
If we lose the Petrodollar advantages
We're going to be in a world of hurt.

Can anyone name two middle east countries that announced they were going to stop accepting dollars for oil?

That's not a trick question.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 12/18/17 at 09:08:12

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/18/17 at 08:53:42:
Opinions are worth what they cost. They are not always supported by reference material,and if they were, what references support the reference?
At some point we have to use what we know and hold it up and look at the events of the day Through that lens.
The problem is the people who have no real knowledge and understanding of the federal reserve deciding their opinion matters. Or they don't respect the opinions of the people who do know.

Since physical dollars aren't actually exchanged except in rare circumstances...
Jog, who do you think actually benefits from dollars being traded?

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 12/18/17 at 09:17:59

Iran, Iragi, and extra point, Venezuela  Cheesy

euros eh.....haha.

Jog, as commerce becomes more global, it will be so much easier to trade with one standard currency.
In reality the will stabilize so much of the variables and allow forecasting to be more accurate.

It will also lead to a one world order.

A one world leader, and....... well, you know the rest of the story  Grin

PS: One of the jets I help build, its B deck, under the main passenger cabin, makes more money than the main deck.
It is a freighter and passenger jet wrapped into one.
It can be totally loaded and unloaded faster than it can unload/load people.....
You know why, its because of the global trade, it is getting cheaper with automation, etc, and products of perishable nature no longer are local commerce generators, its truly a world wide market.

It will be soon you can order a pizza from a small little diner in remote Italy, and have it delivered within hours, I kid you not.
All shipping will be computer generated with instant determination of choices to get a product from point A, to point B, as quickly as you want to pay for it.

It is a gold mine awaiting to be utilized to its potential.          

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 12/18/17 at 09:20:29

verslagen1 wrote on 12/18/17 at 09:08:12:

Since physical dollars aren't actually exchanged except in rare circumstances...

It has been promissory notes for a long time, paper......

Its all we have, it can burn up and disappear, just as quickly, unless its manipulated daily.
Its the nature of the beast.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 12/18/17 at 09:30:27

When I refer to references I think of things like:

"Chinese government recently announced a new mechanism that will allow oil producers anywhere in the world to trade oil for gold"

" A few years ago, Saudi oil made up over 25% of Chinese oil imports. They were Beijing’s No. 1 supplier. Today, the Saudis’ market share has dropped below 15%."

Especially from Zerohedge as it has historically posted Russian propaganda and is owned by Daniel Ivandjiiski who was exiled from Financial Industry Regulatory Authority due to insider trading.

The article reads well but the source is not exactly credible, he never has been.

http://bulgariaanalytica.org/en/2016/06/26/zero-hedge-%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%87%D0%B...
http://streetwiseprofessor.com/?p=8947
https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/nutcases-and-knut-cases/

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 12/18/17 at 10:44:02

verslagen1 wrote on 12/18/17 at 09:08:12:

My understanding, based on the book
Creature from Jekyll Island is Dollars must be purchased or captured by exports , but that is rare, so Purchasing Dollars is the norm.
The federal reserve Sells, at auction, T-bills, and the holders use them to buy.

Have a look here
Search

origin of the petrodollar

Who benefits? All of us.
Some more than others, but this is a big deal to everyone. America has had a tremendous advantage since the inception of the Petrodollar.

Iraq and Libya were stopping the practice.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 14:19:24

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Petrodollar, war, and the coming change

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.