Send Topic Print
Barbaric....... (Read 92 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Barbaric.......
Reply #15 - 11/08/17 at 15:59:54

"This is my profession, I'm in different food processing facilities almost daily.
I don't know the details of your test or how it was organized but if it was done the past few years, someone is lying to you because I promise those were not McDonalds burgers. I've physically seen them made with my own eyes. I've followed the entire channel from start to finish. "

This was a number of years ago and I was only involved in the building of the test procedures.  I do recall that there was a lot of other things per sample, "fillers" was used a lot but I never kept any of the data.  I do remember 12% seeming incredibly low and questioning it, but "per sample" I did see the results and remember 12 being the number for "beef"

I would consider WebsterMark's information to be more accurate as to food content and not my memories of an old test.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Barbaric.......
Reply #16 - 11/08/17 at 16:59:00

McDonald's burgers are made from the same meat as hamburger you get in major restaurants, if not even higher quality.

There was a high profile case against what they called pink slime in the news but it was settled out of court and ABC News paid a fairly high settlement fee.  The meat made with that by-product was used in institutional foods and while it was not 100% beef, it was not dangerous either. That's why there is a libel suit filed.  That's not to say everyone is honest with their food production. I've seen stuff that would make you not want to eat.  There was a major hearing again today over a case known as PCA of America. Which is over peanut butter that killed numerous people.
Of all the bad things I've seen, the only adjustment I have ever made is to never eat hamburger less than medium well. Hamburger is among the most dangerous foods because of the way it's processed. Not because of the meat per se but because of the potential for pathogen contamination.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 11:27:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Barbaric.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.