Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear turn signals Simplest relocation (Read 148 times)
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rear turn signals Simplest relocation
11/06/17 at 22:54:45

Here is how I relocated the rear turn signals to the license plate bracket without buying anything by using hardware from the fender braces and drilling 2 holes.

This is the difference between the stock light on the right and the relocated light on the left

In this image you see a bolt and nut that goes through the housing of the turn signal. This bolt is from one of the bolts from the fender brace. The bolt takes place of the small screws that retain your license plate but you must use a drill to widen the holes to accept the new bolt size.

On the turn signal housing after you remove the rubber portion you should have the housing that only has one hole and you need to drill a matching hole to accept the fender brace bolt and afterward you will be able to use one bolt to retain your license plate and left and right turn signals.

Here is the end result. Now you can have the chromeless fender without having to buy new turn signals or mounting brackets, also I forgot to mention you will have to extend the positive and negative wires for each turn signal about six or seven inches

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Re: Rear turn signals Simplest relocation
Reply #1 - 11/07/17 at 17:21:16

Just FYI, the license plate vibrates so much that it will actually crack your plate in half. I don't know if adding more weight would be a good idea.

I backed my plate with some thick sheet metal to reinforce it. It was cracking at the bolt holes.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/08/17 at 00:22:03

Kris01 wrote on 11/07/17 at 17:21:16:
Just FYI, the license plate vibrates so much that it will actually crack your plate in half. I don't know if adding more weight would be a good idea.

I backed my plate with some thick sheet metal to reinforce it. It was cracking at the bolt holes.

Omgsh you cant even see it from m pictures but I bought this bike with the license plate already cracked in half!  Ill look to reinforce it before I get a new plate thanks

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 11/13/17 at 14:30:20

I would suspect that you would have a problem with keeping the signals straight with only 1 bolt holding it in place.
And potentially crushing the plastic housing.
I would at least add a tube to prevent crushing it.
At that point, might as well get a tube long enough to connect both signals to keep them straight.

WWW   IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/14/17 at 23:04:08

verslagen1 wrote on 11/13/17 at 14:30:20:
I would suspect that you would have a problem with keeping the signals straight with only 1 bolt holding it in place.
And potentially crushing the plastic housing.
I would at least add a tube to prevent crushing it.
At that point, might as well get a tube long enough to connect both signals to keep them straight.

Good analysis, would definitely upgrade the security of the setup, but upon installation and tightening of the bolts the housings are surprisingly strong and flex without cracking and since putting some miles on the bike the lights hold straight without moving.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 14:54:05

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Rear turn signals Simplest relocation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.