Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
If Donna Brazile can admit it, maybe you should (Read 94 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
If Donna Brazile can admit it, maybe you should
11/02/17 at 08:25:24

The agreement—signed by Amy Dacey, the former CEO of the DNC, and Robby Mook with a copy to Marc Elias—specified that in exchange for raising money and investing in the DNC, Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised. Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings.

I had been wondering why it was that I couldn’t write a press release without passing it by Brooklyn. Well, here was the answer.

When the party chooses the nominee, the custom is that the candidate’s team starts to exercise more control over the party. If the party has an incumbent candidate, as was the case with Clinton in 1996 or Obama in 2012, this kind of arrangement is seamless because the party already is under the control of the president. When you have an open contest without an incumbent and competitive primaries, the party comes under the candidate’s control only after the nominee is certain. When I was manager of Gore’s campaign in 2000, we started inserting our people into the DNC in June. This victory fund agreement, however, had been signed in August 2015, just four months after Hillary announced her candidacy and nearly a year before she officially had the nomination.

I had tried to search out any other evidence of internal corruption that would show that the DNC was rigging the system to throw the primary to Hillary, but I could not find any in party affairs or among the staff. I had gone department by department, investigating individual conduct for evidence of skewed decisions, and I was happy to see that I had found none. Then I found this agreement.

The funding arrangement with HFA and the victory fund agreement was not illegal, but it sure looked unethical. If the fight had been fair, one campaign would not have control of the party before the voters had decided which one they wanted to lead. This was not a criminal act, but as I saw it, it compromised the party’s integrity.

I had to keep my promise to Bernie. I was in agony as I dialed him. Keeping this secret was against everything that I stood for, all that I valued as a woman and as a public servant.

“Hello, senator. I’ve completed my review of the DNC and I did find the cancer,” I said. “But I will not kill the patient.”

I discussed the fundraising agreement that each of the candidates had signed. Bernie was familiar with it, but he and his staff ignored it. They had their own way of raising money through small donations. I described how Hillary’s campaign had taken it another step.
I told Bernie I had found Hillary’s Joint Fundraising Agreement. I explained that the cancer was that she had exerted this control of the party long before she became its nominee. Had I known this, I never would have accepted the interim chair position, but here we were with only weeks before the election.

Bernie took this stoically. He did not yell or express outrage. Instead he asked me what I thought Hillary’s chances were. The polls were unanimous in her winning but what, he wanted to know, was my own assessment?

I had to be frank with him. I did not trust the polls, I said. I told him I had visited states around the country and I found a lack of enthusiasm for her everywhere.

told Bernie I had found Hillary’s Joint Fundraising Agreement. I explained that the cancer was that she had exerted this control of the party long before she became its nominee. Had I known this, I never would have accepted the interim chair position, but here we were with only weeks before the election.

Ohhh it's a revealing read

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: If Donna Brazile can admit it, maybe you shoul
Reply #1 - 11/02/17 at 08:53:34

I never buy books like this cause most of the time they're sanitized bull$hit like Hilary's last nonsense, but Politico published a long section and I might get this one. The reason is it's written very well. It's written like normal people would write, not dancing around topics. So far from what I've read, there's no pu$$yfooting.

And Hilary is coming off like a witch every more so than any of us imagined.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 11/02/17 at 10:09:25

Hilary is coming off like a witch every more so than any of us imagined

Well, you might be right to a certain extent, but my wife was never fooled by that woman.
I had never seen her get so emotionally involved over a political candidate before, never..... she couldn't stand her, wasn't fooled at all.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 11/02/17 at 10:57:33

Aaand lefties go running.
Probably pouring bleach in their eyes, trying to unsee the facts that should make them think.
Libya...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 11/02/17 at 17:08:17

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/02/17 at 10:57:33:
Aaand lefties go running.
Probably pouring bleach in their eyes, trying to unsee the facts that should make them think.
Libya...

Not sure why Donna fed Hillary the questions/answers, other than she too believed Hillary would win and she desired to live.

Why would Hillary even hafta cheat....
I thought she was the smartest woman this side of God  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/02/17 at 19:08:43

t sure why Donna fed Hillary the questions/answers, other than she too believed Hillary would win and she desired to live.

I wonder if that little detail is in the book.
Exposing corruption is she?
Or isn't that unethical?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 11/02/17 at 20:17:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/02/17 at 19:08:43:
t sure why Donna fed Hillary the questions/answers, other than she too believed Hillary would win and she desired to live.

I wonder if that little detail is in the book.
Exposing corruption is she?
Or isn't that unethical?

Only if you get caught.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 11/02/17 at 20:40:03

She's caught

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 11/03/17 at 07:36:37

agreement, according to Brazile, “specified that in exchange for raising money and investing in the DNC, Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy and all the money raised. Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics and mailings.”

Forget for a moment the unfairness to Sanders that would characterize the next year as he surged against Clinton. What role might this agreement have played in Biden’s decision-making? Did he know? Did Hillary tell him? Did President Barack Obama tell him? Did Biden realize he would be fighting not only Clinton but the entire apparatus of his own party and decide to bag it?

The Pustule leaves a trail wherever it goes.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 11/03/17 at 07:46:43

Sorry, fellas. The 2016 election was the culmination, not the beginning, of a Democratic implosion.

MORE ON:
DONNA BRAZILE

Trump urges probe on Hillary's DNC 'collusion'

Ex-DNC chair reveals how Clinton 'rigged' Dem primary

Donna Brazile admits she sent town-hall questions to Clinton camp

Keep crying wolf about Trump, and no one will listen when there's a real crisis
Over the previous six years, Democrats had lost 60-plus House seats, nine Senate seats, 14 governorships and 1,000 state and local offices. Russians didn’t do that. Democrats did — with the help of a surging Republican Party that found itself after election night in its strongest electoral position across the country since 1928.
Democrats need to understand their own role in their own rotting position — including how they sold themselves to the Clintons for a mess of pottage they never even got to eat — if they are to have any hope of reversing the Republican tide.

Even if their fantasies were made flesh today and Donald Trump were somehow banished from Washington, the Democratic Party would be in no stronger institutional shape than it was yesterday.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 11/05/17 at 10:47:00

If CNN can admit it, surely you can...

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/11/03/cnn-sadly-breaks-news-viewers-yes-hill...

How is it the perpetually wrong choose to not learn ?
FAce it.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/11/03/cnn-sadly-breaks-news-viewers-yes-hill...

The Pustule strikes

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 11/05/17 at 11:10:57

By not addressing these issues, it will cost the democrats 2018.

This is why Trump even won, its a vote against the liberal news, as much as anything else.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 11/05/17 at 11:52:03

You seem to see it as left and right.
Trump beat a whole range of bubs before her.
He's president because people like me outnumber the idiots.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 11/05/17 at 14:19:37

Yeah, I get that, but those were the horses that didn't even make it to the gate.

I think that 20% in the "middle" who normally decide the outcome, the sway vote, is indeed getting larger than 20%......

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 11/05/17 at 15:13:06

They ran head to head in the PRIMARIES. He beat establishment politicians.
Because enough people are sick of status quo.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 12:08:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › If Donna Brazile can admit it, maybe you should

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.