Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Heard a pop, lost power, now bike will only click. (Read 257 times)
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Re: Heard a pop, lost power, now bike will only cl
Reply #15 - 06/12/17 at 18:54:07

You're not gonna know what you need until you get it apart. It can be minor or major. If it's major, now would be a good time to consider a big bore kit.

There is the possibility that the chunks got sucked cleanly out the exhaust valve, but I wouldn't count on it. Looking at that plug, things circulated on the way out.

« Last Edit: 06/13/17 at 05:00:52 by Gary_in_NJ »  

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 06/12/17 at 21:30:35

Might as well drain the Oil. See what kinda chunks you find.
And check the valves. You may have dropped one.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
HillSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 06/13/17 at 13:15:53

Hey all,
    Thanks for the advice, havent had time to break bike down today.  Will hopefully have some time tomorrow.  Got to get to the garden to help the plants grow!
                                -Hill

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #18 - 06/14/17 at 16:56:36

1)It may be that you set the valve clearances wrong, if you followed a Clymer book they say to rotate the motor clockwise ,which is incorrect ,you should rotate the motor the same as the wheels turn . 2) I'd also junk that "some kind of shorty muffler" for something more standard that you can tune the carb to.1) may have caused your valves not to seat or to bounce ,this could make the exhaust valves over heat as they hang out in the hot exhaust and need to seat to give up heat to the head ,thus cooling.  2) At the beginning of the intake stroke with the piston moving up toward top dead center ,the intake valve is opening but the exhaust valve has not fully closed. This is valve overlap and could have caused hot exhaust gases to explode the fresh incoming charge before the piston reached top dead center (engine knock) ,causing the damage to the sparkplug ,or valves or even putting a hole in the piston dome ,ring damage ,or whatever you may find. A unknown ,thus non -tuned, exhaust system may have contributed to this factor at certain speeds.I'm hoping you don't find any of of this, and wish you good luck!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 18:17:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Heard a pop, lost power, now bike will only click.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.