Send Topic Print
Paris Agreement (Read 324 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Paris Agreement
Reply #30 - 06/01/17 at 15:01:12

I'm not gonna give my ability to see less credibility than someone telling me crap that hasn't come true in the TWENTY YEARS they have been warning me of impending doom.
I can SEE the tax game being played.
You CAN'T?
Which of the dire warnings has actually happened?
Unless you can show me WHY, WTF are you doing?
How many times have we been lied to?
Really, seriously, does anyone believe we weren't lied to to get everyone on board with Nam, Iraq and Libya?

Raise your hand and state your position.

Lied to, not lied to

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 06/02/17 at 11:45:04

I see no one, and not just on this forum, has offered a valid rebuttal to any of the points below.

WebsterMark wrote on 05/31/17 at 05:59:28:
I can't find facts to dispute anything below.

1) Warming over the last 50 years or so has averaged only about half of what computerized climate models can explain. Yet, those models are the basis for the Paris Agreement.

2) It is not obvious that recent warming is entirely the fault of our CO2 emissions. It is very possible that temperatures during the Medieval Warm Period were just as warm as today. Natural climate change exists. If we didn’t cause it, we can’t fix it.

3) Even if future warming increases to match the models, and all nations abide by the Paris commitments, we will avert only 0.3 deg. F warming by the year 2100. That’s less than 0.04 deg. F per decade, which is unmeasurable by current global temperature monitoring networks (satellites, surface thermometers, and weather balloons).

4) The cost of this unmeasurable impact on future global temperatures is variously estimated to be around $1 Trillion per year, primarily spent by the U.S. and a few other countries which drive global prosperity. As usual, the poor will be the hardest hit. That money could have been spent on clean water and providing electricity to the 1+ billion humans who still don’t have electricity.

5) China and India, which are burning coal like there is no tomorrow, don’t really have to do anything under the Agreement until 2030. It’s mainly up to the U.S. to cut our emissions, and send our wealth to poor countries where dictators will continue to enrich themselves.

6) Increasing CO2 levels have benefits, such as increased crop productivity and ‘global greening’. Life on Earth requires CO2, and over the last 60 years we have been monitoring its levels in the atmosphere, Mother Nature has been gobbling up 50% of what we emit to create even more life.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #32 - 06/02/17 at 12:54:27

By golly Web, I think you stumbled into the truth of how it all works...
You called it Ma Nature, that is key.....
A natural cycle that was designed without mans input.
But let's use man as an example.

Each man is his own universe.....
Just ask Twitter or Obama, they will testify that all matters revolve around them.
So, we have established fact, in man.
Now we will use that fact.
The man consumes in order to tweet or in Obamas case, refute.
Now what he consumes had to get from its origins, to their mouth.
That has an effect on lots of other matter.
Repeat, and rinse, many times a day, week, month, year, lifetime.
This takes lots of energy and that has enflunce over even more matter.
Remember, all this matter effects other matter, and so on, and so forth....
You can't take one matter, and pit it against another matter, out of context, especially if one matter, doesn't really matter.
So, let's go back to man, the center of his universe.
He had consumed much in order to do much, but he had leftover matter, that wasn't needed, but you don't know that going in, only after the fact, or let's say, going out....
So, we have excess matter going out, which seems to really smell and cause aroma pollution, not to mention the ability to cause matter that yet has been totally consumed, to self regurgitate it's own matter, but let's not fixate in that, we is talking matter that has run its course....
It hits the environment and becomes the matter upon which new life springs forth, a never ending cycle, one that feeds upon itself, to create more of itself....
Think about it, it pass the smell test.....
Also, it explains why some people don't think their chit stinks!

So, my final thought is. Why does all this chit, matter?
Be happy  Cheesy

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #33 - 06/02/17 at 13:17:37

I don't have a rebuttal, but mostly agree.
Quote:
Andrea Rossi
June 2, 2017 at 6:49 AM
Kevin:
There is a lot of hypocrisy and superficiality on this issue.
I am sure of the fact that the more we research in new environmentally friendly and renewable energies, the better, but:
1- the solar energy is not economically profitable and is funded exclusively and by the taxpayer
2- the wind energy ( that indirectly is solar ) is not profitable as well as the solar and it too is economically sustainable only if funded by the taxpayer
3- both of them are profitable only in restricted areas, where sun and wind are particularly strong all the year around, not relevant in the global energy market: when you read that “30% of the energy is made by solar” it is a lie that takes advantage of the fact that laymen do not know the difference between power and energy: the solar represents 30% of the installed power, but for the 90% the solar plants and the wind towers produce no energy, therefore the energy actually produced is barely the 10% of the power installed
4- all the jobs created by the alternative energies are funded by the taxpayer, otherwise could not be paid for
5- the phrase ” all the scientific community is sure that the global warming is generated by human activities” is a lie: no serious statistic has been made on this issue and the phrase ” all the more vociferous guys in the scientific community are sure that the global warming is induced by human activities” would be more proper
6- the Earth has had dramatic climate changes along its eons, totally independent from humans: the Sahara desert was a gigantic forest, as big as the Amazonian area and the oil is the product of the decomposition of enormous amounts of organic residue degenerated underground during the “global warming” of a precedent era: in this case, not only it has not been oil to cause the global warming, but, on the contrary, it has been the global warming that has generated the oil…
7- nevertheless, I sustain that R&D in the alternative energies must be done, but without hypocritical opportunism and with serious scientific and economic approach and without the destruction of the patrimony of plants and jobs created by the traditional energies.
When I read that China and India are lecturing the USA about pollution, I take it seriously, but only as an epiphany of hypocrisy and opportunism.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

WWW   IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 06/02/17 at 13:28:30

I have been around a lot of years, I have heard of the coming ice age, the extinction of polar bears, the seas rising, no more NY city, no more North Pole, the ozone layer will collapse......NOT ONE OF THE PREDICTIONS CAME TRUE......NOT ONE.

I have also travelled the world....the USA is not the issue..... and all this agreement does is funnel money from your pocket to the pocket of wealthy rulers around the world that will not use that money for anything to make the environment better.

Instead of giving it to them may I suggest that we invest that money right here. One thing I have learned in life, the only person I can make better in this world is myself.......we should use that philosophy with American tax dollars.

There is a lot of science out there right now that says co2 follows temperature not that temperature follows co2. The science shows that the oceans release more co2 when it is warmer and hold more when it is cooler. Therefore co2 does not cause warming rather warming causes co2.

It has always interested me that in the short amount of time(say couple hundred years) that we have been monitoring temperature that someone or some group has decided that the average temp 50 years ago was the optimal temperature for all creation. They decided that a degree or 2 on any side of this average would be catastrophic, WHY?
Why do we believe that a change in temperature by a degree or two is bad? What if life is seeking perfection now by increasing a degree or two and then in a 100 years it cycles and goes down a degree or two. We all ready know that the earths climate changes, why such hysteria?

ONE reason, $$$$$$$

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #35 - 06/02/17 at 14:59:02

WebsterMark wrote on 06/02/17 at 11:45:04:
I see no one, and not just on this forum, has offered a valid rebuttal to any of the points below.

The points you refer to, are from a book by Dr. Roy Spencer and they have been debunked over and over by the established scientific community...
If you wish to bother to read...
https://thinkprogress.org/climate-scientists-debunk-latest-bunk-by-denier-roy...

Quote:
As the famous critique goes, “Your manuscript is both good and original. But the part that is good is not original, and the part that is original is not good”:

“He’s taken an incorrect model, he’s tweaked it to match observations, but the conclusions you get from that are not correct,” Andrew Dessler, a professor of atmospheric sciences at Texas A&M University.

“It is not newsworthy,” Daniel Murphy, a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) cloud researcher, wrote in an email to LiveScience.

NCAR’s Kevin Trenberth in an email: “I have read the paper. I can not believe it got published. Maybe it got through because it is not in a journal that deals with atmospheric science much?”

Trenberth and John Fasullo at RealClimate: “The bottom line is that there is NO merit whatsoever in this paper.”

Quote:
"One of the few[1] AGW deniers with real credentials"[2], Roy Spencer is a principal research scientist for the University of Alabama at Huntsville (also home to AGW denier John Christy) and is the U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer (AMSR-E) on NASA's Aqua satellite. [3]

Spencer is on the nine-member board of the antiregulation, Scaife- and Bradley-funded Marshall Institute, though he appears not to disclose this affiliation on his website

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #36 - 06/02/17 at 15:11:32

verslagen1 wrote on 06/02/17 at 13:17:37:
" ... 1- the solar energy is not economically profitable and is funded exclusively and by the taxpayer.
  2- the wind energy ( that indirectly is solar ) is not profitable as well as the solar and it too is economically sustainable only if funded by the taxpayer ..."

Will take  #2 first:
Couple of years ago drove a car, from Prescott AZ, to about 1+ Hour South of  L.A. Calf.
Took  Interstate 10.  In Calf, About  Palm Springs and N. Palm Springs.
And  EVERYWHERE I Looked, saw,  Huge, 100 + Feet Blades,  Wind Towers.
Several, THOUSANDS of them.
For Miles and Miles and Miles. And It was a  Windy Day.
I Did not stop on the Freeway and count.
However by  just Observation, on this  Windy Day.
LESS THAN 1/4  Were  Turning.  Even saw, 20 (+/-), ‘Black ones’, (Fire)
And at least 2 dozen, that had only  TWO  Blades, (Not normal 3)

Wow, did  ‘WE’  Ever  SPEND, our  Tax  Dollars, so  Completely, Foolishly  !!!!!
HOW many Veterans could that money have helped?
How Many, Citizens, living under bridges, could that money have helped?
How many, Citizens, The  TRUE  Needy,  (NOT  the  Liars, Cheaters, Steelers, ILLEGALS, and the, Gimme/Gimmes’ers), could of that money helped ?
But no, it paid for a person/s, to fly First Class Wherever,  because they paid the, ‘Left Hand Dollar’, to a  ‘government’, person.

Now we have,  (Number 1 )  The, ‘Solar Farms’.  (Photovoltaic Cells)
10 Miles away, a, ‘New’,  ‘Solar Farm’, is arising.
Started 2 Years ago,   (The  ‘Wanna Be  King” mandate).  
About 1/2 done, it went  BROKE !!!!!!!!!!
Then the,  (Wanna Be  King), granted More  Money, to Another  Company,
they did about 1/4 More,  And guess what, They went,  BROKE, AGAIN  !!!!!!!!!!!
Now a, THIRD, Company, Got  MORE,  Money, from the,  (Wanna  Be  King),
Just before he,  (er, H.R.C. his  Puppet  Master),  Lost.

They are now working to complete.
Wonder when they will go  BROKE  !!!!!!!!!!!

Observed Reality,   How many days does the Sun Shine in Minn?
How Many days does it Shine, in TX/NM/AZ/CA    ???????????
Now, Look at the  ‘Efficiency’  of  P.V.C’s.,  (Photovoltaic Cells)
In  5 Years, they will be   OBSOLETE. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  (Yet it is a 20 Year  Lease  and 2 years, since they started)

Cheese and Rice, Let’s ALL   Spend,   TRILLIONS,   So,  Tunikudoiue can burn Rain Forests.
 (And the USA  Pays)
Let’s ALL   Spend,   TRILLIONS,  So other Countries, can   CONTINUE, to spew Emissions, the USA has Curbed, since the ‘Industrial Revolution’ in the early-mid, 1800’s.   (which was curbed,  WITHOUT  A   ‘Wanna  Be  KING’,  sticking his  know nothing nose in it)
(And the USA  Pays)
Let’s ALL   Spend,   TRILLIONS,
So other Countries, can  make  HUDGE  Money,
on the back of,  the USA, Tax Paying  Citizens.  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(And the  USA   PAYS)    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The, "Fairy Dust Sprinkling, Kume-By-You, Snowflakes”,
Do  NOT,  have a  CLUE, about the,
  “Rest Of The Story”
A.S.B.   Paul  Harvey.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #37 - 06/02/17 at 15:15:42

Huh...
Quote:
Joseph Majkut, director of climate policy at the libertarian think tank Niskanen Center, said pulling out of the Paris accord may satisfy the America-first, nationalistic narrative, but it’s a non-binding, cooperative agreement. “There’s no real policy win that comes of this,” he told HuffPost. “It’s purely a political symbol.”

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #38 - 06/02/17 at 15:20:40

Serowbot wrote on 06/02/17 at 14:59:02:
" ... he appears not to disclose this affiliation ..."

Would that be like, your post, on a, 'Topic", where YOU  said:  'The Drug Was Identified", and  YOU,
did NOT  Say
, WHERE THAT INFORMATION CAME FROM?????

(After  SEVERAL,  Repeated  Requests to do so?)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #39 - 06/02/17 at 16:03:59

MnSpring wrote on 06/02/17 at 15:20:40:
Serowbot wrote on 06/02/17 at 14:59:02:
" ... he appears not to disclose this affiliation ..."

Would that be like, your post, on a, 'Topic", where YOU  said:  'The Drug Was Identified", and  YOU,
did NOT  Say
, WHERE THAT INFORMATION CAME FROM?????

(After  SEVERAL,  Repeated  Requests to do so?)

He has proof.....

He sweats more, than before.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #40 - 06/02/17 at 18:01:21

Serowbot wrote on 06/02/17 at 15:15:42:
Huh...
Quote:
Joseph Majkut, director of climate policy at the libertarian think tank Niskanen Center, said pulling out of the Paris accord may satisfy the America-first, nationalistic narrative, but it’s a non-binding, cooperative agreement. “There’s no real policy win that comes of this,” he told HuffPost. “It’s purely a political symbol.”

So, no reason to start slinging polyester out yer ears,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #41 - 06/02/17 at 18:49:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/02/17 at 18:01:21:
Serowbot wrote on 06/02/17 at 15:15:42:
Huh...
Quote:

So, no reason to start slinging polyester out yer ears,,

Sorry Jog, that changes nothing.......
The question is, what if the GW stuff is true, can we afford to not change our ways, just in case?

Now, flip that around a bit...,,
What if the Bible is true, can you take the chance of going to hell?

Either one, if true, and nothing is done about it, it's gonna be a real hot beech  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #42 - 06/02/17 at 19:03:14

I'm not gonna get on board with TAXING US UNTIL UNSUSTAINABLE CEASES.
The GW Warmlarmists don't know that what THEY are supporting are taxes and regulations that will destroy our lifestyle. Air conditioning won't be so affordable.

Really people, exactly WHAT is going to Be DONE to change things?

ANSWER THAT or STFU about the bullshit. All that is going to happen is Be Taxed for using power. THAT'S what they will use to cut carbon, FFS, brainwashed into believing what we EXHALE is gonna destroy the world, it's been the same line oshit for TWENTY years, and nottafukkingthing the chikkin little crowd has been screaming about has happened! But, hey, stay skeert! You have nothing to show that supports your religion. Why do so many atheists worship government?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #43 - 06/02/17 at 20:16:15

GW is nothing more than a belief, like religion.
Many who believe GW think the Bible is akin to fairytale.
Yet look how much historical fact can be attributed to much of the prophecy.....
Yet, it still remains a belief, nothing more than faith based...
For once it becomes actual fact, which I believe, it will, those who denied it, for whatever reason, will reap their own chosen reward, period.
Game over!

This is exactly the same foundation GW is based upon....
If we don't choose to believe, and act accordingly, we all will go to hell, so to speak.

Now my lifestyle is enflunced by my belief in biblical truth/teachings.
I have experienced great awareness and the ability to overcome much, because of my faith.
Yes, I still sin, but I repent and try to overcome it.
I can not experience peace and serenity, if I do not heed, period, no exceptions.....

Now take Al Gore for example....
He is like a preacher who lies, steals, and cheats Monday through Saturday, but finds religion in Sunday.
You know why?
Because he doesn't believe what he preaches.

Why does Al pollute and have such a extravagant green footprint?
He himself is causing way more pollution than I am, yet I find the claim as presented, suspect.....

It's like I am a sinner who does not believe in god, but have a more spiritual life than the preacher himself.....

How can that be?

Simple, somebody is misrepresenting themselves.
It's up to everyone to decide themselves, who is lying to them.

As a believer, is it my duty to make others believe, to prove my belief?
No....
That would never prove sustainable.
The founding fathers knew sanctioning any belief, as a mandate, would cause the union to fail.

Lead by example, not force, is the only real test of freedom.....
Anything else is a lie, as in misleading.

You can't make me not believe, by force, or by example.....
You do not have the capacity....
But the GW folk can only use force, and then it will be ultilized by the governing to their own benifit, as examples by the likes of Al Gore, etc.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 06/03/17 at 04:15:00

Galileo faced the same; crowds of religious leaders who banded together and "debunked" his work. Your article  laughs at the publication but remember the Climategate emails showed the climate scientist ban together and punish magazines that go against the agreed to narrative. It's what Galileo faced with the Church. There was no where he could turn that wasn't already under control.

My point stands, you or no one else argued against his points, particularly 3,4 and 5.

Why should we enter in an agreement that lets China and India alone for 10 years for example?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 17:02:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Paris Agreement

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.