Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
You can't do busniess with 'friends' (Read 167 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: You can't do busniess with 'friends'
Reply #15 - 05/25/17 at 08:42:13

...And here's the limited access bathroom...

2017052595094019.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #16 - 05/25/17 at 08:42:47

...and the limited access under-sink area along with the ptrap that cost $190 to take off and put back on.

REALLY?!?!?!?

2017052595093714.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 05/25/17 at 09:38:35

Hey! It's Pawlusee, that eliminates the need to think by the employee. It's used to support bad behavior. The employee just shrugs and points to his Mandates. I've been at odds and won a few times.
Just because someone has a policy don't make it right.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #18 - 05/25/17 at 11:37:11

Oh...policy or not, I will expect a refund of the $190. They have one opportunity to make it right before I call my credit card company and dispute and reject the charges.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #19 - 05/25/17 at 13:57:12

I have a newer home ( 2010 ) and my sinks have drained slow or plugged a few times ,I hate to say it ,but maybe your bypassing the problem . I doubt it's the drain lines as their pvc ,which doesn't tend to plug. Have you tried removing the sink stopper ,they collect hair etc. over time,many have two sets of blades set at 90 degrees to center them and hair tends to build up on them, especially bathroom sinks ,and can  be the problem.When you use Draino it tends to remove gunk from the hair but not the hair itself ,that's why it only halfasts works and the problem returns.All drains usually run to the trap below the toilet then to the main drain/soil stack,the toilet nor the bath/shower are backing up,only the sinks.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #20 - 05/25/17 at 14:13:22

batman wrote on 05/25/17 at 13:57:12:
I have a newer home ( 2010 ) and my sinks have drained slow or plugged a few times ,I hate to say it ,but maybe your bypassing the problem . I doubt it's the drain lines as their pvc ,which doesn't tend to plug. Have you tried removing the sink stopper ,they collect hair etc. over time,many have two sets of blades set at 90 degrees to center them and hair tends to build up on them, especially bathroom sinks ,and can  be the problem.When you use Draino it tends to remove gunk from the hair but not the hair itself ,that's why it only halfasts works and the problem returns.

The sink itself and all under the sink pipes have been removed and spit-shined by me.  Whatever the issue is, it is in the pipe.  This house is old enough to where it has cast iron pipes going down into the slab.  My best guess at this point is the possibility of a pipe that has eroded and sorta rusted, because when that happens the metal tends to swell and bubble out as it 'rusts' and scales. Drano has no impact, which is another reason I am starting to support the collapsed/corroded pipe theory.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #21 - 05/25/17 at 14:31:54

OK, bum steer .Yes ,if the house was built and used galvanized pipe you could be in for a real nightmare, the galvanized coating wears of the inside of the pipe and rust forms choking off the flow. I've seen it turn 1 1/2 inch pipe into a pipe that only has a hole less than the size of a dime.You may have to rip up the slab and replace with pvc.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #22 - 05/26/17 at 14:00:43

since when was being a good Christian and beinga greedy money grubbing prick mutually excusive? some of the most devout Christians I know would sell their own family into slavery for a dollar.
sorry for your dramas. thats crappy service. i

IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #23 - 05/26/17 at 15:25:24

Hey I once had a furnace repair guy from the "Gas Company" spend 15 plus minutes in his truck looking for a tool he did not have to disassemble my blower fan. When he told me he coudn't finish job and would have to come back tomorrow with the tool, I asked what it was and he informed me it was a nut driver of some size.

I went to my tool box and pulled one out and lent it to him to finish the job. When done he hands me a bill with the fifteen minutes he spent in his truck looking for tool as part of the charge (at $60.00 hour).

I dispute the bill and he tells me I have to call office. Office says there is nothing they can do and he was on the job for x amount of time and that's what's owed. Now when I go back out to talk with him he tells me they bill in 1/4 hour increments for time on the job and the time I was on phone took me over into the next 15 minute bill cycle and the bill now needs rewritten to reflect his longer time on the job as I owe an additional $15.00.

This was probably 30 years ago and I immediately taught myself furnace repair and haven't had a service tech at my house since.

IP Logged
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 05/26/17 at 16:36:08

The home my late parents left me had all galvanized iron pipe from the early 50's. The drain from the upstairs kitchen, which was also the washing machine drain, ran slow and would overflow when the washer hit the drain cycle. Replacing the iron pipe would have meant tearing out the finished ceiling of the basement family room. I was able to snake out the pipe, but it would re'-clog every 6-8 weeks. I finally found a build up remover that would keep the build up to a minimum with monthly treatments.

You could try it. Zep brand EDC16 Enforcer Build Up Remover, available on Amazon, $11.99 + 8.99 s/h. Also available at some hardware stores. Like chicken soup for a cold, "Might not help, but it can't hurt." YMMV

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 02:33:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › You can't do busniess with 'friends'

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.