Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nice blue 2016 Bowloflard (Read 150 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Nice blue 2016 Bowloflard
05/05/17 at 20:50:41

I was picking up some parts at the local stealership and I always cruise the showroom , ya know get the salesmen all jumping out of their seats. They have a Blue 2016 model all shined up and ready to go , I used to think what a homely jap half a sportster , but it looked good , maybe I just need new glasses. I guess the years here at SS has softened my heart to the stocker , I wanted to bring that girl home. Just put the gokart out back to make room , I got room for 7 bikes    Kinda ! Anyone wanna buy a gokart make you a screamin deal. If it was a 2017  In Black , I would be cleaning the garage out right now instead of banging this out on the iPad ! Grin

That blue tank would look great on a 2017 all blacked out ! Shocked

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: Nice blue 2016 Bowloflard
Reply #1 - 05/05/17 at 23:04:13

My first experience of the Savage was sitting on the 2017 black model in the showroom. I have to admit I loved the bike but not all the matte black. It struck me as a bit of a trend. I preffered the chrome, it adds character. But now I' m wanting to remove some of the chrome bits ... it's all about balance I suppose  ... and taste.

I preferred the 'pumpkin' orange tank on the black 2017. I agree the blue would look great ... with a touch of chrome  Cool

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #2 - 05/06/17 at 01:06:31

Poor Ruttly, you make parental sacrifices and bring the poor little blue waif home, you will never regret it, even if you sell your Go Kart, you're probably too old to be a budding F1 driver anyway. By the way don't pollute or corrupt the poor little waif with black this that and the other. God or someone will praise you for liberating it from the dealer.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 05/06/17 at 09:36:00

Have they changed the fuel tank ? It looks smaller !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #4 - 05/06/17 at 14:57:32

I very much doubt it, but you could always ask the dealer.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 05/06/17 at 15:19:09

It's been a long time since I have seen a stocker , maybe the blue color gives it the illusion its smaller. The new Honda rebel 500 looks like crap what a ugly bike , but the S40 was lookin good , can't believe I just said that , must be getting old!  Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 05/06/17 at 19:04:05

Ruttly wrote on 05/06/17 at 15:19:09:
It's been a long time since I have seen a stocker , maybe the blue color gives it the illusion its smaller. The new Honda rebel 500 looks like crap what a ugly bike , but the S40 was lookin good , can't believe I just said that , must be getting old!  Grin Grin

Hate to say it but when something like that comes out of your mouth, you ARE OLD.  😪🏍😭

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #7 - 05/06/17 at 20:11:39

Lancer , I fit the criteria so well 57 , short , really love riding a big single. Hang some saddlebags & tool bag on it , Raptor , Dyna & rejet. I would have bought it right that moment but I haven't rehearsed telling the wife why I bought ANOTHER MOTORCYCLE. Funniest part of all this is there was well over a hundred bikes in the showroom , I looked at every bike. The ugly Rebel I could only see as a project bike,wow they really need help. But the S40 was very sharp and the only bike there I would even consider buying.
Do ya think they have a Layaway Plan ? Grin Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 05/06/17 at 21:11:17

Well of course they have a Lay-a-Way Plan, don't all dealerships ? ?   Roll Eyes
Take a look around your garage and/or shop, what do you have there that you just don't use ?  Box it all up and take it in as a down payment ... or payment in full if you have a BUNCH of stuff !
 Cheesy

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 05/06/17 at 21:33:33

I'm a motorcycle hoarder , not much for selling them  Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #10 - 05/07/17 at 09:06:19

IslandRoad wrote on 05/05/17 at 23:04:13:
I preferred the 'pumpkin' orange tank on the black 2017.

It's Fox orange - not pumpkin orange Cool

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #11 - 05/07/17 at 19:39:05

No it's ugly orange! It looks like something made to drive only at Halloween.That tank on the Honda Rebel is the worst shape I've ever seen ,I think someone's drinking to much rice wine!I can handle people thinking my bike is small and cheap but I can't handle them thinking it's small,cheap and ugly!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #12 - 05/07/17 at 20:19:21

I think the blue tank & side covers of the 2016 on a blacked out 2017 would out sell the black or the orange , no problem ! Suzuki miss the mark this year , they should inquire with me before making decisions of such importance! Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #13 - 05/07/17 at 21:30:29

I could live with white tank and mudguards and the rest black, at least it would get rid of Suzuki's poor quality chrome pate and clear coating.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #14 - 05/08/17 at 01:07:05

... and they kept the large plastic/chrome turn signals!

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 04:48:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Nice blue 2016 Bowloflard

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.