Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
FOX and the henhouse....,, (Read 177 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
FOX and the henhouse....,,
04/20/17 at 05:14:04

I still find it strange after all of these years of FOX NEWS success, that the media still appears clueless.
As why Trump won the election, as bad as he is, and I do believe that.....
It's the same factor that propels both to what appears as success.
And that element is a choice from the "mainstream" of what you are told to believe, and if you question it, you get labeled with negative connotations.

FOX was a escape from that mentality and mindset, nothing more, as you see these so called deplorable voted for Obama too, who represented change in his first campaign.
It is not about personality of those reading script, O'Reily was a loud mouth, and that was his gig, not that he was a wizard....

Funny, how the press thinks it's all about them, and in a sense it is, but only because they try and make it about them....

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/19/fox-news-future-roger-ailes-bill-ore...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: FOX and the henhouse....,,
Reply #1 - 04/20/17 at 06:26:38

I don't believe Fox will have the popularity & influence without Roger & Bill.  I do find it a little interesting that Bill just had his contract renewed and he really was the "face" of Fox news.  I suspect their is a power struggle between the elder Murdoch & his sons.....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/20/17 at 07:16:17

I probably sent Bill about six Scathing emails ridiculing his lame attempt to create his own buzz word. He was just determined to have Homicide Bomber replace Suicide Bomber. If I heard it, I sent another email.
Really Bill? An English teacher promoting such a ridiculous label? So tell me Bill, what Other Grand Goals do these Suicide Bombers HAVE? What are the options?
Homicide Bomber, as opposed to what? A Cookie Delivery Bomber?

Aaand he finally shut his stupid mouth.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 04/20/17 at 08:12:32

pg wrote on 04/20/17 at 06:26:38:
I don't believe Fox will have the popularity & influence without Roger & Bill.  I do find it a little interesting that Bill just had his contract renewed and he really was the "face" of Fox news.  I suspect their is a power struggle between the elder Murdoch & his sons.....

Best regards,

FOX figgered out the void, of news reporting and filled it....
Not so much the content, as a lot of real estate exsist between the two opposing factions.
This is the market that holds sway, FOX prolly believed it was them, and lost their understanding that a void existed, and became a polar opposite of CNN, MSNBC, etc, as they became what they were originally looking to expose, reporting bias.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 04/20/17 at 18:53:59

Best regards,

The sons won that struggle. Fox is gonna get pus*y whiped into being indistinguishable from CNN, ABC,MSNBC etc .Six months, maybe a year from now, there won't be an old white guy on any prime time show. Bimbos and queers,mostly,instead. Wait and see.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 04/20/17 at 19:15:08

I'll LMMFAO if you are right.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 04/20/17 at 19:37:56

oldNslow wrote on 04/20/17 at 18:53:59:

Best regards,

The sons won that struggle. Fox is gonna get pus*y whiped into being indistinguishable from CNN, ABC,MSNBC etc .Six months, maybe a year from now, there won't be an old white guy on any prime time show. Bimbos and queers,mostly,instead. Wait and see.

From a business sense yours doesn't...
That market is already saturated to the point of me riding my savage,in my speedos, on a rainy day......

You never leave biting fish, to find hungry fish  Grin

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #7 - 04/21/17 at 05:02:31

Quote:
From a business sense yours doesn't...

I didn't say I thought it was a good idea. It's just what I think is going to happen.

These decisions are largely driven by advertising revenue. Advertisers are astonishingly spineless and terrified of anything controversial or  offensive. The simplest way to not scare the sponsors away is to pay close attention to whatever the PC orthodoxy of the day is, and never cross that line. Workplace sexual harassment, however it's defined. and regardless of the actual credibility or motivations of the accusations, is one of those lines. Anything that can be remotely construed as racist is another.  

O'Reilly became a liability from a revenue standpoint. That's all this really is. Television news is a mass market product. At the end of the day it isn't any different from dish detergent, over-the-counter- allergy medicine, sneakers, or deodorant.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 04/21/17 at 07:29:41

O'Reilly became a liability from a revenue standpoint. That's all this really is. Television news is a mass market product. At the end of the day it isn't any different from dish detergent, over-the-counter- allergy medicine, sneakers, or deodorant.

That's a sad truth.  The IDEA that these News Outlets are Filling the deep , wide valley of ignorance in our lives because They FEEL a sense of duty to their country and fellow man is a load. They are selling a Product. Once DeFile me is so tainted that his audience drops,, BuhBye BillyO..
He's a jerk IMO, I've disliked him ever since the BuzzWord thing. So obvious, so cheap, so telling.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/21/17 at 07:43:08

I only listened to him a couple of times. He's like Chris Matthews; interrupts constantly. Egotistical doesn't even begin to describe him.

I don't care if he's around or not.

Only interesting thing is Bill Clinton, Bill Cosby and Bill O'Reilly all have something in common. Must be something about the name Bill!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 04/21/17 at 10:20:59

You go back to the early days at fox, them had commentators of both stripes....
But they morphed into all right wing because the left didn't want honest exchange.
Bill only became himself because no real opposition was aired that could pull people.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 04/21/17 at 10:27:23

raydawg wrote on 04/20/17 at 08:12:32:

Best regards,

FOX figgered out the void, of news reporting and filled it....
Not so much the content, as a lot of real estate exsist between the two opposing factions.
This is the market that holds sway, FOX prolly believed it was them, and lost their understanding that a void existed, and became a polar opposite of CNN, MSNBC, etc, as they became what they were originally looking to expose, reporting bias.

You see a conflict between this and your last post?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 04/21/17 at 10:42:58

Not really, mane it's the way you read it, or I hate typing in my phone and therefor don't elaborate well, but in my mind it makes perfect sense, like in non sense  🤓

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 04/21/17 at 10:48:16

Bill only became himself because no real opposition was aired that could pull people.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 04/21/17 at 13:41:19

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/21/17 at 10:48:16:

Yes, I agree

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/30/24 at 20:28:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › FOX and the henhouse....,,

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.