Do you? (Read 304 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Do you?
04/07/17 at 05:07:20

Simple question, straight up, "Do you fear God"?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Do you?
Reply #1 - 04/07/17 at 06:31:11

Yes, in a very respectful way....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/07/17 at 06:44:06

That's So Far FROM a Simple Question.
You can answer it. I have my answer, but I'm waiting to see how others answer first. My answer could derail the thread. I know, that has never happened before, but it could.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 04/07/17 at 07:57:06

Kinda' sad for grown up person to fear an imaginary being...

You should get over it... just like you did the boogieman, tooth fairy, Santa, and the rest.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 04/07/17 at 08:08:23

Serowbot wrote on 04/07/17 at 07:57:06:
Kinda' sad for grown up person to fear an imaginary being...

You should get over it... just like you did the boogieman, tooth fairy, Santa, and the rest.

Why is it sad?
I don't get that, could you elaborate?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 04/07/17 at 08:12:46

You don't get it?... That's even more sad.

Think on it...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 04/07/17 at 08:43:54

Serowbot wrote on 04/07/17 at 08:12:46:

Think on it...

If I did, why would I ask you to explain your assigning sad to it?
I would guess it's readily apparent to you, so why not explain?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/07/17 at 08:52:53

If there is a God, then no.  S/He's the reason I'm here then, right?  Why would I fear that?  I'd be grateful.

Do you?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 04/07/17 at 09:02:49

Consider the general idea of worshipping a thing that you fear...

Does it deserve your worship?...
Should anything powerful enough to deserve worship ask you to fear it?...

Should an abused wife or child worship the father?...
A person that would have you fear them, is weak.. and does not even deserve respect... let alone worship.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 04/07/17 at 09:03:45

Serowbot wrote on 04/07/17 at 08:12:46:

Think on it...

What's sad is that you must "bully" someone because they believe.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 04/07/17 at 09:06:10

raydawg wrote on 04/07/17 at 05:07:20:
Simple question, straight up, "Do you fear God"?

Do you?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 04/07/17 at 09:08:35

God is the bully,.. he says, do what I say or I will hurt you...
I say nothing of the kind...

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 04/07/17 at 09:21:24

--Steve

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 04/07/17 at 09:49:34

Interesting reply's, It's OK Bot I will add you to my prayer list.

When I was a kid I loved my father very much, but I also had a fearful reverence for him because he set the rules and I was expected to follow them. It was always my free will and choice to obey but I also knew that there were consequences when I did not comply. Therefore I had a healthy fear for his judgment. I knew that my father hated to punish me because he loved me, after all he brought me into this world and only wanted the best for me. But I also understood that it was necessary and JUST when he did punish me.

It doesn't matter if you believe or not, our society and ALL societies operate in the same way. Someone is making the rules and someone is distributing justice.

Everybody that post on this site "IF GOD IS REAL" has broken his rules.
Now If I broke the rules and raped someone's Daughter or sister I am sure that they would expect JUSTICE. If I went before the court and the Judge let me go everyone would cry INJUSTICE because I did not get what I deserve. Well end the end God is the ultimate judge, and just as it is my choice to break mans law it is also my choice to break god's law. Either way I should expect to be held accountable.........and I believe in the end we all will. And yes we should all have fear of that. Why because God is just!

In eternity humans will be divided, "yes I believe that ALL humans will live for eternity" the question is do you want to live with God or without him. If, it is YOUR choice, to have nothing to do with God, then he will grant you that wish. He loves you that much.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 04/07/17 at 10:11:35

MShipley wrote on 04/07/17 at 09:49:34:
Interesting reply's, It's OK Bot I will add you to my prayer list.

When I was a kid I loved my father very much, but I also had a fearful reverence for him because he set the rules and I was expected to follow them. It was always my free will and choice to obey but I also knew that there were consequences when I did not comply. Therefore I had a healthy fear for his judgment. I knew that my father hated to punish me because he loved me, after all he brought me into this world and only wanted the best for me. But I also understood that it was necessary and JUST when he did punish me.

It doesn't matter if you believe or not, our society and ALL societies operate in the same way. Someone is making the rules and someone is distributing justice.

Everybody that post on this site "IF GOD IS REAL" has broken his rules.
Now If I broke the rules and raped someone's Daughter or sister I am sure that they would expect JUSTICE. If I went before the court and the Judge let me go everyone would cry INJUSTICE because I did not get what I deserve. Well end the end God is the ultimate judge, and just as it is my choice to break mans law it is also my choice to break god's law. Either way I should expect to be held accountable.........and I believe in the end we all will. And yes we should all have fear of that. Why because God is just!

In eternity humans will be divided, "yes I believe that ALL humans will live for eternity" the question is do you want to live with God or without him. If, it is YOUR choice, to have nothing to do with God, then he will grant you that wish. He loves you that much.

If God is real, why would you fear Him/Her?  If He loves me, why would He want me to fear Him?  Respect and fear are NOT the same things.

A couple of questions - how do YOU know what God's rules are?  How can we as humans know?  God's mystery is just that then... a mystery.

Who was inspired to write the Bible?  Who translated it?  Are all other religions outside Christianity wrong?  Are all the Native Americans, Australian Aborigines, various African tribal members, etc. going to hell for not believing in God?  What about before the Bible was written?  Were all those people doomed?  Are all the ancient Egyptians doomed?

Lastly, would God condemn an atheist who helped others, gave to charity - maybe donated bone marrow for a loved one?  Would God do that?

You see - God in your mind is not God in everyone's mind.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 23:03:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Do you?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.