Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dissing my Savage (Read 262 times)
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dissing my Savage
03/27/17 at 20:45:00

I rode my Savage to my friends house today.  He made fun of it, because of its size and sound!   It's bad enough people make fun of Sportsters, and now this too?   I may need therapy!  

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: Dissing my Savage
Reply #1 - 03/27/17 at 21:18:11

I find the ride home is usually therapy enough  Cool

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #2 - 03/27/17 at 21:26:35

Hmmm, sounds like the cool people are engaging mouth before putting brain in gear, AGAIN. The only really long distance trip I've ever done on mine was a three thousand miler about three years ago. It was the smallest least powerful bike in the group. All the group have far more experience than I. Some had powerful Triumphs and wanted to ride fast on occasion. These guys only had this to say about my S40, "that thing's amazing".

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 03/27/17 at 22:09:35

Hay Buster , one of my ridding group ask " Why would you ride something like "THAT" when ya got a Sportster to ride ?   I laughed at him and replied very quickly "Couse that is one FUN machine"  Grin  Then I ask him if he wanted to go do some twisties with me ? and Laughed at him some more .  Grin   Grin Grin Grin      I haven't had to embarrass him any more since then , But next time we passed some "Twisties" , I motioned for him to follow me --- but he wouldn't/Couldn't and he knew it.    We're still friends and I wait-up for him when he falls behind !  Wink

Hay ya gota catch your Fun where ya can sometimes , ya know !  Grin

Ya probably guessed it by now --- he has Trike-ed  his HOG and now he is not so much afraid of it.    Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 03/28/17 at 04:34:28

The folks that Diss your Savage are most likely "posers"....and they have a very limited view of the motorcycle world.  If it ain't HD - they don't have any interest in it.

Folks who really understand the motorcycle world can appreciate that not all motorcycle are V-Twins from Milwaukee.  Given the right environment, even the Honda Rebel can be a fun bike!

« Last Edit: 03/28/17 at 05:34:47 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #5 - 03/28/17 at 05:33:11

Dave wrote on 03/28/17 at 04:34:28:
The folks that Diss your Savage are most likely "posers"....and they have a very limited view of the motorcycle world.  If it ain't HD - they don't have any interest in it.

Folks who really understand the motorcycle world can appreciate that not all motorcycle are V-Twins from Milwaukee.  Given the right environment, even the Honda Rebel can be a fun!

I have to agree with that. I do have a Harley along with the S40. When ever I ride the S40 on group rides, some do give me trouble (with a smile) but also comment on how cool it is to see a 1 lunger. People that do know bikes will and do appreciate seeing some one ride a big single.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 03/28/17 at 07:19:12

Dave wrote on 03/28/17 at 04:34:28:

Folks who really understand the motorcycle world can appreciate that not all motorcycle are V-Twins from Milwaukee.  Given the right environment, even the Honda Rebel can be a fun bike!

I'm totally with you on that one. Materialist snobs are found in all walks of life. Psychology tells us it's due to deep-seated feelings of insecurity and inferiority - in short, fear of being found out. Why does an office worker feel he needs a V12 4 wheel drive 4 door pick up truck? Madison Avenue advertising agencies play heavily on this. Just Live. . .for the RIDE!

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #7 - 03/28/17 at 10:09:18

I've gotten a few ignorant comments such as - it sure is small, I didn't know they made bikes that small for adults and nice scooter etc.
whatever. I couldn't care less.

Conversely one of my neighbors who owns a big hog came by recently to learn all he could about my bike and decided he's going to sell his hog and buy a S40 instead. He's 64 now and planning a summer long tour where he'll be living and working out of his truck. He wants to bring a bike along so he can cruise around locally at each destination without taking the truck off the campground but his hog is too much of a beast for him to load and unload at his age. I let him pick up the rear of my bike so he could feel the weight of it and he's sold. I need to remember to tell him when I see any good deals in the area.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #8 - 03/28/17 at 13:11:41

I haven't had anyone dis the S40 but a couple of people have mentioned the size. One friend thought it was a 250, another thought a 400. It's fun to see their face when I say 650.

I get the impression that some people I've met, with big bikes, actually feel the 'burden' of it's weight and size. The price of being cool?

Anyway, the degree to which I enjoy riding the S40 is a great antidote to any temptation to worry about that stuff  Smiley

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #9 - 03/28/17 at 13:25:33

Other than a mechanic friend of mine who keeps prodding me to get a bike with "multiple cylinders",  I've never had anybody "diss" it.  I have had a few bikers surprised that it was a 650.

The funniest thing is when I get clueless customers at work telling me what a pretty "Harley" it is! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #10 - 03/28/17 at 14:56:16

ive had some of those kinds of comments on a couple of runs with a mate and his  cruiser club. Kym understands but his clubmates cant get the point even though they've just been smashed through the twisties by a bike with half the cylinders and.  third the cc's. I just tell em when your this good you only need one. At least they get to show me who's the boss when the road straightens out. But really, who give a rats arse what they think, long as you're having fun. ride on.

« Last Edit: 03/28/17 at 16:56:34 by gizzo »  
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #11 - 03/28/17 at 15:15:19

Buster, You need the sticker I have on my tool box at work for your fender!

It says "I don't give a f___ what you think "

I got a ? For you , Are you grinning when you get off it after a good ride ?

Cause that's all that matters !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #12 - 03/28/17 at 15:28:36

Let 'm have their fun, then go on the club ride.
ask 'm when we gonna cut loose and do some twisties?

WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #13 - 03/28/17 at 16:17:41

I've stopped worrying about what other riders think. If they ask I say it's a 650 which is plenty big enough for me and is a lot of fun to work on. If they give me a hard time about what I ride I tell them nicely it's none of their business.
My '02 is starting to look a little rat with a couple dents in the tank, modified sporty engine guards and beat up saddle bags and my brain bucket has a big "BITE ME" on it. I like my look and if it offends well that's too bad.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #14 - 03/28/17 at 17:20:26

Ruttly wrote on 03/28/17 at 15:15:19:
I got a ? For you , Are you grinning when you get off it after a good ride ?

Cause that's all that matters !

Amen!  Wink

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 01:48:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dissing my Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.