02 vs1400 intruder (Read 76 times)
siouxzookey
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

02 vs1400 intruder
03/27/17 at 16:03:16

Hey all,

I am new to this forum, I bought a 02 vs1400 Intruder this February and it has a small tank, only been on a few rides but I am the guy that's always hollering that I need gas.

So to my question, has anyone put a different gas tank on one of these bikes? I would like to get a bigger gas tank on my bike so I don't have to fill up all the time.

IP Logged
siouxzookey
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: 02 vs1400 intruder
Reply #1 - 03/27/17 at 16:05:32

Here is a pic of my bike

mybike.jpg
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 03/27/17 at 18:20:04

The Rubber Side down is for questions/discussion about the Suzuki Savage or S40 Boulevard.

The Cafe' is for other discussions....they can be about other bikes....or other stuff that isn't political.

There is occasionally some discussion about the Intruders - but not often.

There is a thread about larger gas tanks.....some of it might be adaptable to your Intruder.  Oldfeller has installed fuel jugs in his new saddlebags.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1483412354/0

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 03/27/17 at 18:56:11

Savage/S-40 has 2.7 gal. factory .  I've put a 3.5 gal on and still carry an extra 1/2 gal in each saddle bag most of the time.    I noticed you don't have Saddle bags yet .   They may be in your future ?  Roll Eyes

Getting 55mpg , helps !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #4 - 03/27/17 at 19:36:25

Har ........  we are getting people directed here because of our alternate scoots.  

For example, I used to post links to here on the Virago forum because the Virago forum sucked for posting tech stuff and Jon's forum didn't suck at all.   Jon got extra hit traffic and some "other scooter" biker guys got a Tech listing they could follow.

We know that Google crawls this site extensively, both Cafe and our tech posts and lists subject hits on VS 800, Intruder, etc. etc. etc.

Now you gotta consider what happens next if I answer this newbie's question completely, since he uses the EXACT same frame mounting points that I used on the Barcalounger and he has the exact same fuel pump system that I opted off of.

Souixzookey, does 8.4 gallons of fuel capacity interest you any?

Dave has your link spotted --- go here:   http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1483412354/65   .... and read up.  

This is a discussion between MM and me about extra fuel capacity in general, which meanders some between Savages and some other bikes, one of which is a VS 800 Barcalounger which should look very very familiar to you.

Usefulness of the ideas depends on how handy you are with mods, and whether you want large saddle bags mounted on your 1400 Intruder or not.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #5 - 03/28/17 at 05:38:49

It looks like the 1400 tank mounts similar to the 750/800 tank on a "C" channel that goes across the frame. That makes it very difficult to find other tanks to fit without a lot of mods.

The intruderalert.com website seems to be having problems right now. If it comes back up, it is a very good place for info on the Intruders of all sizes.

It seems that the intruder alert cafe is down for good.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 14:26:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › 02 vs1400 intruder

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!