Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
We deserve the rap...... (Read 304 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
We deserve the rap......
03/23/17 at 16:17:27

But knowing how insurance is figured using large numbers for companies to figure risk exposure, it makes my premium higher because of these fools.
Oh, I better share what I am talking about I reckon  Grin

I am talking about bikers who ride like bats out of hell.
Just this morning, as about 20 of us leave the ferry, its like a mad dash to.....???
I try to load last in line, but it's a double line, and some times I end up ahead of others....
Idiots, they eave and bob, like a NASCAR final lap.
I just back off, let them do whatever it is that drives them.
I am normally back in the "pack" by the third stop light, as they have to wait on red, but not always.... idiots.
Saw one guy in a dual sport who had to make a real fast dodge as the car he was pushing slowed to turn right, he almost got the left rear, that would have pushed him into another bike that was beating it in the left lane....

I know I'll see another accident again, it just a matter of time. I don't get it, what is it with bikers?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: We deserve the rap......
Reply #1 - 03/23/17 at 16:45:50

Really? You don't know?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 03/23/17 at 17:35:50

I see idiots and morons every day. I saw a guy riding a wheelie at 70+ mph in heavy traffic the other day. Most of the squids around here ride in shorts and T-shirts. I guess one bad mishap MIGHT teach a few lessons. Only time will tell.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #3 - 03/23/17 at 18:13:30

I almost got clipped by another bike. I was changing lanes and he came up behind/past me - wearing shorts and a long horse-riding coat! He was weaving through traffic at speed. Admittedly, I should have looked, but he shouldn't have been there.

I see alot of guys weaving through traffic at high speed on the freeway. I always think, it's just a matter of time, basically inevitable, until they get taken out. I don't get it either. If I was fifteen years old maybe I would understand.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 03/23/17 at 18:18:33

Admittedly, I should have looked,
Yes, you should have

but he shouldn't have been there.

Cold comfort knowing that while you're explaining what happened to the ER doctors.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 03/23/17 at 18:40:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/23/17 at 18:18:33:
Admittedly, I should have looked,
Yes, you should have

but he shouldn't have been there.

Cold comfort knowing that while you're explaining what happened to the ER doctors.

WOW, just plain WOW.....
Why the attitude JOG?
The guy already owned it, yet you feel the need to drive it home, what the heck???
And yes, I don't know what goes through these numbskulls brain, isn't that why people ask questions, geez.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #6 - 03/23/17 at 18:45:57

raydawg wrote on 03/23/17 at 18:40:29:
I don't know what goes through these numbskulls brain

The pavement? The car in front of them? Miscellaneous motorcycle parts?  Huh

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 03/23/17 at 21:19:18

This will tell my age , but here goes :

So Kawaski introduced the 500 triple 2cycle (for its day) a Scream machine .    Lots were sold and soon they were leaving everything on the roads behind in a Blue-Streak (The early models were faster).   Well it was just a mater of time ... here came a 750 Version of the same thing ,  and right behind it was --- The end of 2cycle street bikes !

I'm looking for a :   ---   HP / Weight Limit.  ---

Don't some countries limit bikes by cc ... I don't think that would fly in the USA .   But , its the super light / High HP bikes that cause most of the trouble  anyway .  Roll Eyes

At "Some Point" , good sense should come into play ... I mean -120 HP on a 425# platform   ...   Huh    sure it sounds like fun , till ya find out what the insurance rate is.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #8 - 03/23/17 at 21:38:14

NZ used to be "buy a bike and ride" then MOOC and it's associates put a 250cc limit on learner bikes, MOOC matured a little and it's now done on horsepower, so a learner can ride a Savage/S40, but over 750 cc is still a nono for new riders.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 03/24/17 at 04:34:35

Kris01 wrote on 03/23/17 at 18:45:57:
raydawg wrote on 03/23/17 at 18:40:29:
I don't know what goes through these numbskulls brain

The pavement? The car in front of them? Miscellaneous motorcycle parts?  Huh

GOOD ONE  Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 03/24/17 at 04:41:04

MMRanch wrote on 03/23/17 at 21:19:18:
This will tell my age , but here goes :

So Kawaski introduced the 500 triple 2cycle (for its day) a Scream machine .    Lots were sold and soon they were leaving everything on the roads behind in a Blue-Streak (The early models were faster).   Well it was just a mater of time ... here came a 750 Version of the same thing ,  and right behind it was --- The end of 2cycle street bikes !

I'm looking for a :   ---   HP / Weight Limit.  ---

Don't some countries limit bikes by cc ... I don't think that would fly in the USA .   But , its the super light / High HP bikes that cause most of the trouble  anyway .  Roll Eyes

At "Some Point" , good sense should come into play ... I mean -120 HP on a 425# platform   ...   Huh    sure it sounds like fun , till ya find out what the insurance rate is.

Yes, I too remember that bike, and I remember a friend who was never the same again after the bike won in a turn....

As too limiting anything by authorities, once they get to grasp the power, they always want to try to extend it, be it from restricting caliber size, clip, ownership, etc, to restricting freedom of expression.
Should we limit beer to a six pack only purchase, the same reasoning can be extended when used to excess?

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #11 - 03/24/17 at 06:28:58

Late at night I hear the super sport bikes up on the interstate wailing away like chainsaws on meth. I also hear the ambulance sirens up there at those hours pretty frequently too. The news recently reported a hit and run collision between a sport bike and a car. The rider was pronounced dead on the scene. The reporter said the police are looking for witnesses.
And despite stuff like this helmets are still optional in this state.
???

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 03/24/17 at 07:03:54

This is the kind of behavior that I can't tolerate.  A squid that puts everybody at risk.  Even worse is the comments in the video that state that "lane splitting is legal"....this man is not lane splitting - he is speeding and he is dangerous!  He is making enemies....and victims!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkdKk_8_CY

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 03/24/17 at 09:14:41

I have a brother in Oklahoma.....this could be him.....and he always complains his insurance is too high.  He was showing me his Triumph ( I think a Daytona) anyway he was running through the digital dash and 158 popped up and I'm like, "what's that" he replied "the fastest I have had the bike". He has no issue riding one wheel down the interstate at 90 and he's not young, he's in his 50's..Anyway, not for me.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 03/24/17 at 09:28:44

Dave wrote on 03/24/17 at 07:03:54:
This is the kind of behavior that I can't tolerate.  A squid that puts everybody at risk.  Even worse is the comments in the video that state that "lane splitting is legal"....this man is not lane splitting - he is speeding and he is dangerous!  He is making enemies....and victims!

That guy thinks he's in a video game...
Reality hurts...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 20:37:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › We deserve the rap......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.