Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Never been so pissed at a bumper sticker (Read 280 times)
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Never been so pissed at a bumper sticker
Reply #15 - 03/25/17 at 10:40:43

Given my fear of having a car pull out in front of me, causing a panic response to stop or avoid it, I often find myself following another vehicle closely, perhaps unnerving the driver. Maybe he is simply one of those "unnerved" drivers, that doesn't like being "tailgated" by what he perceives as a suicidal maniac on a cruise missile.

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #16 - 03/25/17 at 11:03:03

You didn't mention if the truck was lifted way up in the air.  I had a guy in a lifted truck back over the front of my car because he couldn't see me behind him.  I stay way clear of the back of any pickup or truck that I think can't see me when I ride.  Maybe this guy has already had a bad experience, and doesn't want to repeat it.   Undecided

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 03/25/17 at 21:11:50

Bluetooth  phone call to 911 :  "No, Truck driver is so close I'm afraid to slow down" , "I'm at the mile marker ___ " ,  "He keeps blowing his horn and charging the back of my Vehicle" , "HELP !"
or
From the road side , "Yes Officer , I got his tag number " , " Ya'll get him pulled over I'll follow along behind him and stop with ya'll to swear-out-the-warrant".

In some cases "snitching" someone out is really a public service.  Smiley

Or , I do this one at least a couple times a year ,
follow them till they pull into a Police Station because they don't know what your going to do .   If at night it helps to leave your bright beams on as much as possible .   Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 03/26/17 at 07:08:07

SALB wrote on 03/25/17 at 11:03:03:
You didn't mention if the truck was lifted way up in the air.  I had a guy in a lifted truck back over the front of my car because he couldn't see me behind him.  I stay way clear of the back of any pickup or truck that I think can't see me when I ride.  Maybe this guy has already had a bad experience, and doesn't want to repeat it.   Undecided

Too true. Same thing happened to my nephew, only it was his new Harley with less than 100 miles. Smashed the fender, bent the forks.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #19 - 03/26/17 at 07:08:28

Big truck, short d*ck. There are a lot of them around inbred or not. Had a Caddie SUV pass me when I was stopped at a stop sign last month. Stupidity just doesn't drive pickups.
 Guess it's a sign of the times.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 03/26/17 at 07:22:02

The Emergency Exit lane position when we stop isn't Just about what is in the mirrors.

It'd be difficult to not climb up in the truck and explain to the idiot that Since they raised the top edge of the tailgate he cant see what's behind him.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #21 - 03/26/17 at 07:35:59

Bad drivers are everywhere.  Three years back, I'm driving a big yellow school bus on US Rte 290 when I see a car running parallel to me on a long entrance ramp.  He is reading his notes and doesn't look up until he is less than two feet from me, despite my having hit the horn four times.  I was kinda hoping he would hit me, and I had one of the high school kids take a photo of him reading while approaching.  Would have loved the court  house scene. Shocked Shocked

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #22 - 03/26/17 at 09:17:19

4 out of 5 pickups around me sound like Harleys. I think these people wish they could ride motorcycles but can't for whatever reason. So they make up for it by being jerks to riders and making their trucks into thingy extensions. I've never understood the pickup truck mentality and really don't try to. But every time one pulls up next to me at a light the driver acts like he wants to race me.
Why? It's not like they'll ever win so whats the point?

I try to avoid the rolling dumpsters as much as I can. They are always the most reckless drivers on the road and they clearly have trouble seeing motorcycles. And when they do see them they harass em....  Sad

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #23 - 03/26/17 at 10:41:04

MMRanch wrote on 03/25/17 at 21:11:50:
Bluetooth  phone call to 911 :  "No, Truck driver is so close I'm afraid to slow down" , "I'm at the mile marker ___ " ,  "He keeps blowing his horn and charging the back of my Vehicle" , "HELP !"
or
From the road side , "Yes Officer , I got his tag number " , " Ya'll get him pulled over I'll follow along behind him and stop with ya'll to swear-out-the-warrant".

In some cases "snitching" someone out is really a public service.  Smiley

Or , I do this one at least a couple times a year ,
follow them till they pull into a Police Station because they don't know what your going to do .   If at night it helps to leave your bright beams on as much as possible .   Grin

I guess doing these things is funny to you, but some are illegal and the others are stupid, and all are asking for trouble or worse . . . death!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #24 - 03/26/17 at 12:36:36

I guess that pickup driver is going about being "cool".

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #25 - 03/26/17 at 20:07:56

SALB wrote on 03/25/17 at 11:03:03:
I stay way clear of the back of any pickup or truck that I think can't see me when I ride.

If you can't see the driver then he can't see you.  Wink

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #26 - 03/27/17 at 11:07:49

I guess I forgot to mention we were both waiting to pull out of a parking lot, when he just changed his mind and backed over the front of my car.  I ended up taking a big hammer and pounding the hood out, and investing the payout from his insurance in my IRA. Wink  And yes, I've had many professional truck drivers tell me that if you can't see them in the mirror, chances are, they can't see you. Wink

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #27 - 03/28/17 at 07:34:09

Packman wrote on 03/24/17 at 12:18:35:
We were driving along today on rt. 57 in Elyria, Ohio when I saw a black F150 pass me with yellow lettering stickers all over it. The passenger rear door said his sons name and the passenger door said " my mermaid" I'm like look at that lol wtf my mermaid haha... then he passed me and on the back it said the name of his company Erie Coast Engineering but above that is what still has me pissed off 4 f'n hours later.. it said "Motorcycles look out for ME"
It didn't really sink in at first but then it infuriated me. Who's to say this guy hates motorcycles and its riders and doesn't force them off the road or some $hįt?  God darn I wish it would've sunk in earlier and I would've stopped him and asked him exactly what he meant by it. Sorry for the rant I'm just so f'n pissed

Google "Clifford Gibson". Apparently from Odessa, TX. He may have an admirer who takes him as a role model.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #28 - 03/28/17 at 08:45:03

Clifford is shinning example of too many generations of inbreeding, and why as a young lad I was told to " Keep a close eye on them Tex-ass types, They ain't none too smart..."  Roll Eyes

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #29 - 03/28/17 at 10:01:59

Assholes exist. They don't require a particular place to be from. Odessa has a fair number of bikers. He's not just a total jerk, he's a masochist. Because he's just Begging for someone to beat that stupid smirk off of that piece of meat he uses for a face.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 20:23:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › Never been so pissed at a bumper sticker

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.