Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
For Whom The Road Tolls.... (Read 275 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

For Whom The Road Tolls....
03/13/17 at 11:18:14

Toll roads - great idea!!  <<<  sarcasm

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: For Whom The Road Tolls....
Reply #1 - 03/13/17 at 11:38:49

I wonder if you even know Why it's such a bad idea. Gee, Hannity is a moron? I had no idea! No, really, I've never heard him say anything even almost That Stupid.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 03/13/17 at 11:53:32

T And T Garage wrote on 03/13/17 at 11:18:14:
Toll roads - great idea!!

Your guy put on 10 trillion to the national debt and we have nothing, nothing to show for it.  And your your worried about toll roads!!   Grin

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 03/13/17 at 12:12:02

It's a bad idea. No relative thinking. No
My guy is less bad.
It's right or wrong.
Toll roads that are built by transnational corporations and the money never stops leaving America is just one more parasitic burden.
There are other ways to finance infrastructure.
I'm okay with a toll road, If the ownership is local and the money is used for the maintenance of it, but it won't be. It'll be used to maintain it, and support the toll taking infrastructure and payroll, but the profits will effectively be a tax/ fee imposed on transportation.
America would be better off just going in debt Further. At least we wouldn't have to have a perpetual drain on the pockets of the users.
Pretty sad where America is economically, that we are reduced to this.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/13/17 at 12:39:58

pg wrote on 03/13/17 at 11:53:32:
T And T Garage wrote on 03/13/17 at 11:18:14:
Toll roads - great idea!!

Your guy put on 10 trillion to the national debt and we have nothing, nothing to show for it.  And your your worried about toll roads!!   Grin

Best regards,

Whats sad is that you're NOT worried about toll roads.  But yeah, keep telling my how "my guy" was bad.... smh.

I'd rather see $10T spent on America than to see it funding an unnecessary war.  It turned out to be a good thing to bail out the auto industry and a bad thing to bail out wall street.  Win some lose some - but at least there was an attempt to help the middle class - remember the tax break that was given to us in the Obama presidency? (American Recovery and Reinvestment Act)  

So far, our president has yet to show one single bill that will help the middle class...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 03/13/17 at 13:00:48

No law doesn't necessarily translate into
No Action.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #6 - 03/13/17 at 13:16:34

For years we saw the wealth redistribution under Barry and he even said he was going to fundamentally transform American.  Tax & spend, tax & spend, now that someone else is actually going to do something it is not good enough.  That is what I call "Pot meets Kettle."

Regarding how it might be paid for, we can't pay our bills now.  They are talking about 100 year bonds to keep things a float and we can't do another QE.  What say you?

Best regards,

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #7 - 03/13/17 at 13:26:34

Quote:
Toll roads that are built by transnational corporations and the money never stops leaving America is just one more parasitic burden.
There are other ways to finance infrastructure.
I'm okay with a toll road If the ownership is local and the money is used for the maintenance of it, but it won't be. It'll be used to maintain it, and support the toll taking infrastructure and payroll, but the profits will effectively be a tax/ fee imposed on transportation.

Exactly !

Even local ownership doesn't always work out great for the consumers. Tolls on the New York State Thruway were supposed to go away once the debt incurred for building it was paid. Debt's been gone since 1996  but the tolls are still here and keep going up. The road sucks, maintenance is always behind what the road needs, and the money disappears into the New York State budget.

Sometimes size matters. Sometimes it doesn't. Government is Government. Less is always better than more..

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 03/13/17 at 13:55:25

pg wrote on 03/13/17 at 13:16:34:
For years we saw the wealth redistribution under Barry and he even said he was going to fundamentally transform American.  Tax & spend, tax & spend, now that someone else is actually going to do something it is not good enough.  That is what I call "Pot meets Kettle."

Regarding how it might be paid for, we can't pay our bills now.  They are talking about 100 year bonds to keep things a float and we can't do another QE.  What say you?

Best regards,

I say let's get back to the tax rates of the 50's.  The Eisenhower years!  Corporations are hoarding hundreds of billions, the rich don't have the same burden as the bottom 80 or 90%.  There are no repercussions for outsourcing (why do you think trump has his ties made in China?).

But no - trump wants to give yet another tax break to the richest Americans and he wants to spend $60B more on an already bloated military.

If you want true prosperity in the US again, you will begin by getting all money out of politics.  From that point, everything gets better.

IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #9 - 03/13/17 at 14:14:56

I wonder where all the taxes collected on fuel went?

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 03/13/17 at 15:19:50

This is nothing but , as mentioned above, the result of fraud, theft, and more Ohh Neaux! It's an Emergency! D.C. B.S. that will be used to justify yet another wealth transfer scheme From the People to the pockets of global corporations.
End Status Quo my eye..

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #11 - 03/13/17 at 16:12:42

Mass Turnpike also, still collecting tolls even after paid for.  The Bridge here at the Thousand Islands.  Tolls include the millions spent on Bolt Castle, which is a major tourist attraction.  But do the people using the bridge have a choice? Grin Grin

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #12 - 03/13/17 at 16:50:20

Quote:
If you want true prosperity in the US again, you will begin by getting all money out of politics.

However laudable a goal that is, its already far too late for that to ever happen.  The money IN politics is more than sufficient to make sure that it never happens. Sooner or later this particular cause will also be co-opted by the charlatans.

This only goes one way, and the result is inevitable. Half the voters last November, in one way or another, recognised the situation, and that is how we wound up with Trump, who, in all honesty, is nothing more than a speed bump on this country's toll road to ruin. Things will continue exactly as they are until they become intolerable for everyone not beholden to, and benefiting from, the criminal enterprise that we have allowed our government(s) to become. When that sinks into the minds of enough folks then all bets are off, and the "peaceful transition of power"  that all the bullsh*t artists babble on about will be nothing more than a quaint fairy tale.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 03/13/17 at 19:44:00

Yep..

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #14 - 03/13/17 at 20:54:08

Papa Bear wrote on 03/13/17 at 14:14:56:
I wonder where all the taxes collected on fuel went?

Good question, does anyone know?

Best regards,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:50:58

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › For Whom The Road Tolls....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.