Trumpgate? (Read 369 times)
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Trumpgate?
Reply #15 - 03/05/17 at 07:40:38

There is, believe it or not, a significant difference in having the IRS look into an organization (even if it really is to harass or discombobulate the organization in question)that is politically harass them; and wiretapping or eavesdropping on a US citizen.  At the receiving end, it all seems like government harassment but: to the folks who do the listening, it is a big deal.  (I mean, career ending, go to jail kinda issue).  Smiley

and the EPA has certainly seemed to overstep it bounds, as have the tree huggers.  That is why we have management and oversight committees.  It  is a shame that the two parties rather fight with each other than doing their jobs,, making the place suitable for both industry and habitat.  When the two can't coexist, I would rather the business go elsewhere so our children can drink our water etc.  We, as the richer nation most of the time, can invest in an industry elsewhere and make some money on it that way.  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 03/05/17 at 10:39:54

prosperity and wealth make for a cleaner environment. I've never been to China or India, but I've been to some poor areas in Taiwan and it was a cesspool.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 03/05/17 at 11:05:05

A cleaner environment makes for prosperity and wealth... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #18 - 03/05/17 at 15:18:38

Wealth is made by exploitation of the natural resources without any concern of the future. Look at big oil, big coal, big sugar, they all have a long record of polluting without any concern of the consequences.  
 Even the Bible says humans are the stewards of the earth and boy have we screwed that up just to make a fast buck.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 03/05/17 at 15:26:26

Serowbot wrote on 03/05/17 at 11:05:05:
A cleaner environment makes for prosperity and wealth... Huh

It's the other way around. The cleanest and most pristine environment in Missouri where the  trout streams are, are also among the poorest counties in the state. They stay that way only because of funds from wealthy areas.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 03/05/17 at 15:29:27

Ed L. wrote on 03/05/17 at 15:18:38:
Wealth is made by exploitation of the natural resources without any concern of the future. Look at big oil, big coal, big sugar, they all have a long record of polluting without any concern of the consequences.  
 Even the Bible says humans are the stewards of the earth and boy have we screwed that up just to make a fast buck.

No concern? That's more than a little bit of an overstatement don't you think?

The earth is a pretty darn nice place.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 03/05/17 at 16:35:39

Ed L. wrote on 03/05/17 at 15:18:38:

Wealth is created any time raw materials are used, modified to be able to use it in life, and sold.
Yes, some people destroy the environment to make money. Usually the people who live in a place utilize the resources in a way that doesn't destroy the livability of the place. Corporations that are owned by people distant from the resources don't have a vested interest in protecting the environment THERE.
You get enough corporations harvesting resources in enough distant places and pretty soon, they've crapped everywhere.
It's not Necessary to destroy in order to create wealth, but it's apparently the most efficient way.
If a man ran his personal finances the same way the government does, he'd go to prison.
If anyone else had made that mess in the river, they would be in jail. But, since the goobs did it, it's a palms up, shoulder shrugging Oopsies.. and just Look at them fix it..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #22 - 03/05/17 at 18:07:02

Trippah wrote on 03/05/17 at 07:40:38:
 " ... and the EPA has certainly seemed to overstep it bounds, as have the tree huggers.  That is why we have management and oversight committees.  It  is a shame that the two parties rather fight with each other than doing their jobs,, making the place suitable for both industry and habitat.  When the two can't coexist, I would rather the business go elsewhere so our children can drink our water etc.  We, as the richer nation most of the time, can invest in an industry elsewhere and make some money on it that way.  

" ...and the EPA has certainly seemed to overstep it bounds..."
  "Seemed To"   ???????????????

Minn has over, 12,000,  fishable ‘lakes’,  
6,000   Rivers,  (not miles, but, 6,000  RIVERS).
and another 10,000  ‘slews’   ‘Wetlands’.
And the people that live next to them,
Take CARE  of them.

(Not  the  EPA)

The EPA, could  Give a  ’sh$#’, unless, they can Pad their Pockets,
or play: “I’m tough, you listen to me”.

Minn was put on the map in the late 1800’s,  with it’s  Iron Ore Mines,
(North Country, shipped out through  Duluth)
Then in the 1970’s +, it was found, the,  ’taconite’,  (form of  Iron Ore)  was polluting.  
And with  china, and others, cheaper, and the new  State,  rules and regs to stop the pollution,
a once  Hugely  Profitable  business, is now,  just a here and now one.

Well now comes along, PolyMet,  Mining Company.
They started with their, proposal, to mine  sulfide, in 2010
(extracting copper, nickel and other metals from sulfide ore)
Sulfuric acid, a  by product,  that is produced with sulfide mining.
Which can,  (most  probably will), be dumped in rivers, lakes, and wetlands.
 (IN FACT,   Dumping waste, in a  ‘Wetland’  is a nice little loophole, PolyMet found)
Mining companies are unable to point to a sulfide mine that has not polluted.

They started in 2010, The  DNR, The Governor, and 98% of the  PEOPLE,  responding said  No  Way !
  But,  Wait,     NOW,   the DNR  &   Gov    ‘GOFEY’,  say,  Go Ahead  !!!!!!
     W.T.F.   ????????????

The  EPA,  is a  over bloated, do nothing, except ‘pad their  pockets’,  (with the Blessing of  Bama)
Then a  New POTUS come in, and cuts, 3,000,  Totally  Worthless  Snowflakes’.
All heck breaks out.

The EPA, does   NOT,   ‘Protect”,  they just hold out the ‘Left  Hand”.

(For those that do not know,  the, ‘Left Hand’, is a very old, description of,   Taking A   BRIBE)

The only thing that is  remotely,  redeeming,
is that area, it is one of the Highest  Concentrations of,  
‘Limousine  Liberal’, ‘Fairy Dust  Sprinkling’, ’Snowflakes’, in the State.
Gee,  wonder  if when,
or even  if,
 they will realize, that,
Gov,  ‘GOFFEY’,  (who they put in office),
Sold them Out  !!!!!!,

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 03/05/17 at 18:27:45

Each county should have a citizens committee and an Environmental Protection officer. Local policing and local indictments and jails and when the EPA fines someone, where does the money go? Do the injured or damaged get compensation? Is the clean-up done with corporate money or tax money or is it just ignored?
I still think British Petroleum should be paying for doctors for the sick and paying the incomes to fishermen they ruined, and I don't mean for a week or a month, but for life.
They should be paying for the medical problems and the financial problems they caused. And any roughneck who had any clue about the role of the drilling fluid would have known that you Don't pump off the drilling fluid and replace it with something that isn't heavy enough to create the hydrostatic pressure required to hold the formation pressure in check.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #24 - 03/05/17 at 19:16:52

I think the Dakota pipeline might show us what tweety bird thinks; of course the pipeline is safer for the environment (snicker) until it ruptures.  Then who will  he blame.  Of course, it might not.  Just a gamble and he has no dog in the fight, or tower along the river.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 03/05/17 at 20:13:42

Pipelines aren't perfect. They get old. Railroad tracks and trains aren't perfect. Accidents
Per barrel miles, which is safer? Railroads run through towns all across the country. Pipelines can at least be routed through uninhabited areas, run underground, I expect it's safer.
Pipelines Can be fitted with flow and pressure monitors. Valves Can be set up to close automatically if sensors detect a leak.
Yes, Martha, it Would be prudent to stop the pumps before the valves shut.

Unhappy man

Warren Buffett, BNSF owner, pushes for stronger rail cars for oil ...
Star Tribune › warren-buffett-bnsf-owne...
Mar 4, 2014 - He notes that oil from North Dakota more volatile than expected. ... BNSF transports six out of every 10 barrels of oil produced in North ... Warren Buffett owns the BNSF Railway

Now, if for Soome Reezun, the pipeline Duznt happen, then we will all know this big to do about okaying the pipeline was really just to shakedown Buffet. I'll bet he's doing everything he can to figure out How much Munnee needs to go in Whose Pokkit to stop the pipeline from going through.
Of course, there Iz the possibility that Trump is not Friends with Buffet and the pipeline Will go through, even If it's a bad idea. I don't know. I just don't Trust anyone anymore.
Not One Word about War Powers or the Fed.
Much about
Rebuilding our bloated, war causing
De Fense Duh Partment.
As America feigns outrage over a Russian fighter buzzing one of our ships. Yeah, I know, Right of  Right of Free Passage, international waters, blahh blahh..
Let a Russian warship waltz down our coast and see how we handled it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 03/05/17 at 20:15:02

Pipelines aren't perfect. They get old. Railroad tracks and trains aren't perfect. Accidents
Per barrel miles, which is safer? Railroads run through towns all across the country. Pipelines can at least be routed through uninhabited areas, run underground, I expect it's safer.
Pipelines Can be fitted with flow and pressure monitors. Valves Can be set up to close automatically if sensors detect a leak.
Yes, Martha, it Would be prudent to stop the pumps before the valves shut.

Unhappy man

Warren Buffett, BNSF owner, pushes for stronger rail cars for oil ...
Star Tribune › warren-buffett-bnsf-owne...
Mar 4, 2014 - He notes that oil from North Dakota more volatile than expected. ... BNSF transports six out of every 10 barrels of oil produced in North ... Warren Buffett owns the BNSF Railway

Now, if for Soome Reezun, the pipeline Duznt happen, then we will all know this big to do about okaying the pipeline was really just to shakedown Buffet. I'll bet he's doing everything he can to figure out How much Munnee needs to go in Whose Pokkit to stop the pipeline from going through.
Of course, there Iz the possibility that Trump is not Friends with Buffet and the pipeline Will go through, even If it's a bad idea. I don't know. I just don't Trust anyone anymore.
Not One Word about War Powers or the Fed.
Much about
Rebuilding our bloated, war causing
De Fense Duh Partment.
As America feigns outrage over a Russian fighter buzzing one of our ships. Yeah, I know, Right of  Right of Free Passage, international waters, blahh blahh..
Let a Russian warship waltz down our coast and see how we handled it.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 03/06/17 at 06:07:04

Trippah wrote on 03/05/17 at 19:16:52:
I think the Dakota pipeline might show us what tweety bird thinks; of course the pipeline is safer for the environment (snicker) until it ruptures.  Then who will  he blame.  Of course, it might not.  Just a gamble and he has no dog in the fight, or tower along the river.

Says the guy who rides over pipe lines under the road all day long. ...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 03/06/17 at 06:47:44

Every month a plane flies down the road. There's a pipeline, gas, goes under the driveway. I'm waiting on the
Railroad car
Pipeline
Option to be addressed. Nobody seems to want to discuss my posts.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #29 - 03/06/17 at 08:07:50

JOG even double posting doesn't get it done! Grin Grin Grin Grin
What's a guy gotta do, hunh.

While we wait out the libel/slander issue; pipelines to the fore.  I am not against the pipeline as the railroads have proven not as safe as one would hope.  Apparently, if I remember the false news stations the last time a train hit a car/truck, there is actually a crash a day on our rail system. And you are right that when the rail cars tip over and explode in a town, well it is a bad scene.  I think a town in Canada almost disappeared this past year in an accident.  It is a shame they had to route it (the pipeline) through  a sacred (to the natives)site but hey, in reality, we have moved or simply buried cemetaries in the name of progress all along so no big deal. In Mass we buried 4 towns BUT did move the dead into a new location when creating the Quabbin Resevoir years ago.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:10:24

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trumpgate?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.