Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
"Nobody knew healthcare was so complex"... (Read 305 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
"Nobody knew healthcare was so complex"...
02/27/17 at 16:11:15

Nobody,.. means everybody except Trump... Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: "Nobody knew healthcare was so complex"...
Reply #1 - 02/27/17 at 17:02:47

Why don't people know the history they were alive to see? If you're not in your sixties, you may have missed it. I didn't. I WATCHED the schools decline. I saw it as a series of bad decisions, acknowledged as failures, but, instead of Undoing the " Mistake ", they just demanded more money for more change, and they sabotaged our schools. A few years ago I found a documentary series and a book by a D.C. insider, who confirmed my observations were correct.
The Same Game has been played on us in health care. Things were fine. I was carrying a BCBS card, about$35.00/month..But SOMEONE declared the health care system was broken. And the answer was HMOs, which led to great disaster, so Surely the same nameless, faceless GENIUSES who repaired it before should be entrusted with it now.
The GOVERNMENT is being used to screw us.
The next answer will be worse unless we go Back to the Pre HMO way.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #2 - 02/27/17 at 17:27:45

Hilariously the Republicans have been salivating and telling anyone who cares how eager and determined they are to replace Obama's health care package. Now they have the chance they don't know what to do, not a frikken clue.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 02/27/17 at 17:40:03

It's as if they never dreamed that they would ever actually have the power to do something about it. They have had PLENTY of time to formulate a plan.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: "Nobody knew healthcare was so complex
Reply #4 - 02/27/17 at 18:40:17

The one thing that was done, by Trump, that for reasons that I don't understand, got almost no attention, is that he effectively sh*t-canned the mandate to buy insurance or pay a tax penalty.  The IRS will now ignore line 61 on your 1040 and process the return even if you don't check the box saying you have health insurance, or indicate what you paid for it.

Of course that doesn't help folks that want and need insurance, but at least it no longer appears that folks who don't want or cannot afford to buy are going to be penalised.

It's a bit of an end-run around the law because the requirement is still on the books, and the IRS could  chose to go after folks who don't check the box at some later date, but since they are going to go ahead and process the returns, and issue refunds, rather than flagging  those returns, I suspect that won't happen. At least until the whole mess gets repealed or revamped or whatever congress eventually does. And at that point it may not matter anyway. At least for the 2016 tax year.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-15/irs-deals-major-blow-obamacare-mandate

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #5 - 02/27/17 at 19:27:02

If you bother to listen, and I won't, they are considering tax credits for healthcare insurance.  OMG, you mean the few that can actually afford to pay the premiums will get help from UNCLE.  Those poor fricken billionaires, it's tough with all the tax breaks they get.  I get all misty worrying about them. Grin Grin Grin Grin

To pay, we will reduce Medicaid because it is for the poor and goodness knows that's wasting money better spend on a third Mercedes.

We already spend more on "defense" than the next ten nations combined; obviously not enough we should increase the budget 10%

We'll take the money from the public schools so we can have a large population of illiterates who will volunteer for the military rather than voluntarily starving. Do not want to run out of cannon fodder. Of course, we will start providing money for school vouchers so the wealthy can afford their private school system.

Sometimes it just makes me proud to be an American.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/27/17 at 19:37:37

Clearly Hopey-Change had no idea since he managed to screw the pooch.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 02/27/17 at 19:58:23

Trippah wrote on 02/27/17 at 19:27:02:
If you bother to listen, and I won't, they are considering tax credits for healthcare insurance.  OMG, you mean the few that can actually afford to pay the premiums will get help from UNCLE.  Those poor fricken billionaires, it's tough with all the tax breaks they get.  I get all misty worrying about them. Grin Grin Grin Grin

To pay, we will reduce Medicaid because it is for the poor and goodness knows that's wasting money better spend on a third Mercedes.

Please remember the list of historical figures who said that the people we see and believe are controlling events really aren't the people who pull the strings. This pattern is not left or right, it's just The Pattern. And it's Stopping that Pattern that Trump ran on. Not looking good.

We already spend more on "defense" than the next ten nations combined; obviously not enough we should increase the budget 10%

Another RAAH RAAH RAAH, the same load of crap we've been being sold since I can remember. I knew the MIC would not suffer.

We'll take the money from the public schools so we can have a large population of illiterates who will volunteer for the military rather than voluntarily starving. Do not want to run out of cannon fodder.

It's not for lack of money that our education system fails. Spend some of that anger learning what really happened. Listen to Charlotte Iserbyt.

You're spot on with the cannon fodder point.
Don't need a lottery style draft accidentally sending rich kids off to the meat grinder.

Of course, we will start providing money for school vouchers so the wealthy can afford their private school system.

I don't know about that.. is there something I should read?

Sometimes it just makes me proud to be an American.

Yeah, and just knowing all that democracy was spread, blessing the lives of so many, just makes me get all misty.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #8 - 02/27/17 at 20:12:15

JOG wrote:

Quote:
It's as if they never dreamed that they would ever actually have the power to do something about it. They have had PLENTY of time to formulate a plan.

Exactly. It's easy being the opposition party; particularly if you don't have the power to actually accomplish anything and thus don't really have to try,

The Democrats should celebrate and take advantage of a four year vacation where they just have to keep shouting No! No! No! and can't be blamed for anything that happens.

The Repubs on the other hand don't know whether to sh*t-or-go-blind, cause they are fixin' to get blamed for everything. They don't like that much 'cause they know deep in their weaseley little hearts that they are going to deserve all the scorn that comes their way.

IP Logged
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 02/27/17 at 22:04:56

WebsterMark wrote on 02/27/17 at 19:37:37:
Clearly Hopey-Change had no idea since he managed to screw the pooch.

As a small business owner my wife and I had healthcare coverage we liked.  Along comes Obama.  'If you like your healthcare you can keep it' He told that lie how many times?  So, guess what?  Yep, our healthcare company was forced out of business, because they did not meet the requirements of Obamacare!  Thank you very much!  Politicians! Bunch of selfish, elitist,  hypocrites.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 02/27/17 at 22:52:49

Wow,.. I'm actually surprised to see the resulting replies...
Except for Web,... we seem to agree that healthcare costs are beyond the reach of normal citizens without some kind of agreed upon control...
Just today,.. a TV health guru, 52 yr old, had a massive coronary, while exercising at the gym...  this might bankrupt many people... and it often does in America...
We don't choose where or when or how to be assaulted by a health crisis.

Healthcare is the single most screwed up thing in the American governmental system.. the number one reason for bankruptcy...

Now,.. just for moment. set aside politics and consider this...
In most 1st world, civilized countries, healthcare is the number 1 most cherished thing citizens appreciate from their government...
Yes,.. it does cost money... but it gives benefits...
Reduced costs... because every doctor, hospital, etc, must participate in order to have customers...
Will it reduce innovation?.. NO...
Contrary to popular belief,... many innovations come from countries with NHS...  
Will Doctors quit?... NO... believe it or doctors exist in NHS countries.. and they make very  good livings...
..and costs are 1/3... through taxes for average people... the very rich pay more, the  poor pay nothing or very little... in shared taxes... not based on unfortunate genetics or luck... just on ability to contribute...

How many people here, are working at their jobs solely to keep their health benefits?...  a lot...
These people might have a great idea that would revolutionize some industry, or create some product that would employ thousands and make them billions... but they daren't risk losing their healthcare for their or their families sake...    
It is stifling...and terrifying...    
Other countries don't have this restriction...
Your money is yours...   if you save... you can freely pursue a dream, without fear of financial devastation from some unforeseeable medical malady...

Consider The Donald...  he has never faced this.... no medical crisis could ever take him down, from birth on...
...(it's like being born with bionic underwear)...
Risk is easy... when risk is limited to going back to where you started....
In America,... risk is going beyond back, to losing everything....

Security in health can spur entrepreneurship and innovation...
How many brilliant ideas have stifled by financial terror?...
How much of this,... is the rich keeping everyone else down?...
How much of this is them knowing their power is not in their superior intellects, or skills, but in their birthright?...    

Really,... we aren't all stupid poor... some are terrified poor...
So many ideas are crushed by the need for security.

When you fight for freedom... it ain't about lower taxes....
It's about the freedom and security, including health,... to risk being a success...
Healthcare = freedom...
Fear = oppression...

Sounds kind of,... commie... and maybe it is, just bit...
...but it's civilized... in way that that the money empowered don't want you to realize...
The money you have accrued, should be empowering,... not causing anxiety.....

It's like,.. Bill Gates had one chance, when he was teenager with no responsibility in his parents garage, to create a mega industry...
Had he been 30... that window closed...
In most civilized countries..  with an NHS... that window is more open...
That is freedom...
It's not risk without penalty...  but it is a more tolerable risk.
Back to square one,.. instead of.. up that creek without a paddle..

We are at an international economic disadvantage... without the security of a health parachute...
That's a hard math to figure... but how many ideas have you cast aside for security?...
Huh...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 02/28/17 at 07:00:14

whoa horsey! who are you and what did you do with sew? a long and detailed post with no snide attacks? !  I hope he didn't suffer. And if you're looking to unload his bike, I'll take it from you, assuming that you use it for your getaway.

But in all seriousness, a good post. Lots of information there to reply to. Unfortunately I have to bring home the bacon for a while but I will get back to you.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #12 - 02/28/17 at 08:36:38

Bot brought up many valid concerns; although, who is going to pay for everything?  I don't claim to have all the answers, just a prudent point of view.  Ya don't hear the left taking responsibility for bammy care and you want them to have total control of everything.  Anything the gov gives can take it away.  Ayn was correct!

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: "Nobody knew healthcare was so complex
Reply #13 - 02/28/17 at 10:02:40

Pg,.. the point is, we all pay for it now, in one way or another...
Through your private HMO insurance or as a work benefit,.. plus Medicare, and in added costs for treatment of uninsured that can't pay themselves...
Hospitals don't eat those costs, they pass them on to all patients, causing your premiums to go up...
We all pay... it's just not an efficient way to do it.
That's why our healthcare costs 3 to 5 times as much as countries with an NHS..
People in countries with an NHS pay for healthcare too... they just pay through taxes...
What difference does it make, if the care is good and the cost is less?...
Stats show NHS systems give better care, have healthier people, and longer lives... for less money.

Making profit from treating illness does not inspire cures...  
The medical industry wants us to run like broke down jalopies... always needing treatment...
Grin

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #14 - 02/28/17 at 10:27:47

Ser - use is spot on.  A single payer system is much better for the vast majority.  Only the v eddy rich might suffer, and I suspect there is a whole system of care for them.

Yes, the role out of ACA was a disaster, combining the worst of two systems, but congress (NOT OBAMA) would have it no other way.
Unfortunately, the Veterans Administration Hospital system does not lend itself to warm fuzzy feelings about the competence of a single entity. I add this as the VA medical system should be included in our general health care system, no left to be neglected.
Medicaid might be expanded to all, or Medicare perhaps (with some sort of controlling of pharmaceutical costs).
I have no problem  paying 5% of my income for health insurance, it is almost there (not including copays for drugs,  and hearing aids etc)

My general income tax functionally is .097865% of taxable income, so that's 15% of income total for some basic security. A good deal if I may say so (and unfortunately that general income tax is used for some truly awful purposes).

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:49:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › "Nobody knew healthcare was so complex"...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.