Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Wait... Who's the enemy? (Read 236 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Wait... Who's the enemy?
Reply #30 - 03/06/17 at 11:59:11

MnSpring wrote on 03/03/17 at 19:23:10:
T And T Garage wrote on 03/03/17 at 13:59:40:
" ...We have CC in Chicago - we have since 2014 and I fully support it.  The problem has NEVER been the banning of guns - there is no ban in Chicago - no one want's to ban them, sheesh -  ..."

WOW,   You  have  NOT,    Checked the   FACTS,    Have  You   !!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Check your "facts" Mn....

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20151027/downtown/does-chicago-have-strictest...

http://www.concealchicago.com/

Want some lotion for that burn??

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 03/06/17 at 12:04:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/03/17 at 19:49:02:
Just as Earth had an ice age and the climate changed, and it made those changes without a bunch of Suburbans and coal burning power plants.

LOL - yeah, the fact that the rate of change coincides with man means... nothing??  C'mon - to think that we have no effect on climate is small minded and ignorant.

Apparently the press is not telling All of the story. That's unprecedented, right? Provided that the tourists/seminar attendees/business trips, etc Is in fact Forty Five MILLION per year, then we know two things.
Chicago is getting a Money Shower. Hotels,restaurants, other shops, car rental, the city should be doing well in that respect.
And, if the place is So Bad, how do they keep up the tourism?

That's the point... duh!  It's NOT that bad.  It's blown up all over the news because people want to point at scary things and tell themselves that "well, at least I don't live there..."

Still, there are places in every city I've been in where people who simply don't belong there,had better not be there. Actually, no, Tecumseh,Oklahoma didn't have a place where anyone would be afraid to walk after dark.  But the place actually had one stoplight.
Most times it was just flashing red on two sides, yellow on the other, it was only a real stoplight in the morning, at lunch and at quitting time.

There are thousands of cities like that all over the nation.  I've lived in one of them.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #32 - 03/06/17 at 17:29:42

How many people get approved?  I think I'll stay in a constitutional carry state.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 03/06/17 at 20:25:21

pg wrote on 03/06/17 at 17:29:42:
How many people get approved?  I think I'll stay in a constitutional carry state.

Best regards,

I don't know, but I'd rather be in a place where you have tougher vetting of people who want to own fire arms... much like tweety wants in immigrants.... how about that?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #34 - 03/07/17 at 04:35:40

T And T Garage wrote on 03/06/17 at 20:25:21:
how about that?
[/color]

I think your gun laws serve Chi-raq well.  How did all that vetting work out last year?  4,330....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 03/07/17 at 07:04:53

pg wrote on 03/07/17 at 04:35:40:
T And T Garage wrote on 03/06/17 at 20:25:21:
how about that?
[/color]

I think your gun laws serve Chi-raq well.  How did all that vetting work out last year?  4,330....

Best regards,

Shows how closed your mind is....

The fact is, we've had concealed carry since 2014 - and like every rational thinking adult, I know it's NOT the guns that cause the crime, but the criminals... duh.

Over 90% of the murders committed in Chicago are with illegal guns.  Those guns are coming from WI, IN and MI by the truckload - you know why?  They are so easy to obtain in those states... all you really need is proof of residency and a face...

And even with all that.. Chicago (not chiraq) is still SAFER than St. Louis, Baltimore, Gary, New Orleans, Detroit, Milwaukee and several others....

Thanks for caring....LOL

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #36 - 03/07/17 at 07:22:10

T & T, it would be interesting to find out how many people die from accidental gunshot wounds compared to murder by strangers. ( Murder by loved ones might be  added to the accidental gunshots for a grand total of our weaponized society, but  then knives etc would cloud up the waters).  It should be noted that not all accident are, some are so reported to save a person's reputation in their small town.  Just as all auto accidents aren't. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

I would also like to compare the number of auto fatalities (OK, I mean people, not the cars) to terrorists victims since 2010.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 03/07/17 at 07:38:48

Trippah wrote on 03/07/17 at 07:22:10:
T & T, it would be interesting to find out how many people die from accidental gunshot wounds compared to murder by strangers. ( Murder by loved ones might be  added to the accidental gunshots for a grand total of our weaponized society, but  then knives etc would cloud up the waters).  It should be noted that not all accident are, some are so reported to save a person's reputation in their small town.  Just as all auto accidents aren't. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

I would also like to compare the number of auto fatalities (OK, I mean people, not the cars) to terrorists victims since 2010.

Ditto!

To be clear - I'm in favor of the Second Amendment - but the far right and their love affair with it is getting old...

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #38 - 03/07/17 at 07:51:45

T And T Garage wrote on 03/06/17 at 11:59:11:
[color=#0000ff]Check your "facts" Mn....   Want some lotion for that burn??  

Explain the difference,  between:
“Shall’  and, “May”,  as it concerns a  Law.

Then, look at the  Media, saying, “Buying a  Handgun Out of State”.
Nop, Nop, Nop,  if you ‘buy’ one, you can  NOT,  ‘Possesses’ it
Until you HAVE it sent to a FFL   Dealer in YOUR   State of residence,
than, go through  the paper work !  In,  YOUR   State !

(Ya just can't change the fed law,  willy  nilly,
 Well, unless you are   Eric Holder, or  Wanna  Be   King   bam a)

OH,   Possessing, a handgun, bought out of State, (on a  Street Corner),
       or on the, Local, Street  Corner. ?
  (Tell me how the, ‘War On Drugs”, is going)

AND,   How is that,  FOID,  card doing in Ill.
  Prevented a  lot of crime, has it  ?     LOLOLLOLOLOLO
"To legally possess firearms or ammunition,
Illinois residents must have a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card”

And listing a,  Anti-Firearms’ site.  
Published by,  ‘Anti-Gun”, people and POV’s.   ????????
And listing a,   ‘Advertisement’,  for a, class.   ?????????

Get your facts  Straight !
Before you,  “Troll’,

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 03/07/17 at 09:31:00

MnSpring wrote on 03/07/17 at 07:51:45:
T And T Garage wrote on 03/06/17 at 11:59:11:
[color=#0000ff]Check your "facts" Mn....   Want some lotion for that burn??  

Explain the difference,  between:
“Shall’  and, “May”,  as it concerns a  Law.

Then, look at the  Media, saying, “Buying a  Handgun Out of State”.
Nop, Nop, Nop,  if you ‘buy’ one, you can  NOT,  ‘Possesses’ it
Until you HAVE it sent to a FFL   Dealer in YOUR   State of residence,
than, go through  the paper work !  In,  YOUR   State !

(Ya just can't change the fed law,  willy  nilly,
 Well, unless you are   Eric Holder, or  Wanna  Be   King   bam a)

OH,   Possessing, a handgun, bought out of State, (on a  Street Corner),
       or on the, Local, Street  Corner. ?
  (Tell me how the, ‘War On Drugs”, is going)

AND,   How is that,  FOID,  card doing in Ill.
  Prevented a  lot of crime, has it  ?     LOLOLLOLOLOLO
"To legally possess firearms or ammunition,
Illinois residents must have a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card”

And listing a,  Anti-Firearms’ site.  
Published by,  ‘Anti-Gun”, people and POV’s.   ????????
And listing a,   ‘Advertisement’,  for a, class.   ?????????

Get your facts  Straight !
Before you,  “Troll’,

LOL - wow... talk about unhinged.

The FACT is that CC is indeed legal in Chicago.  There is no disputing that.  YOU'RE the one that was wrong about it - get over it - smh .

If you care to read, you'll see that I acknowledge that it's ILLEGAL firearms that are used in a majority of these crimes... DUH!

Your rant is unwarranted....

One last thing - it might get me kicked off, but c'est la vie...

Do you actually read what you write and compare it to others on these threads?  Look at your posts, I mean really look at them and think about it.... I'm honestly not sure what to think.  You portray someone who's become unhinged and can barely control themselves in a normal manner.  Your best friend is the caps lock and the "bold" font generator.  You're nearly incoherent referencing things that are either only in your own head or in some weird shorthand that only you know.  It's getting old - try having a rational conversation for once...

From here on out, I will not respond to your posts (that is, if I'm not kicked off for posting this...).  But if I'm allowed to stay, please feel free to continue commenting on my posts and making a fool of yourself.

Cheers!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #40 - 03/07/17 at 10:39:19

Datas (sic) uncover (sic) today give us a clearer portrait of a couple of possible cause (sic) for murder, but let’s be clear.. Changes in the atmospheres (sic) and combustibles (sic) also play a roles (sic) in how peoples (sic) are behave (sic). By continuing homicide (sic) and climate changes (sic) we are ascend (sic) ourselves to vulnables (sic), and we cannot deny that, Nor shall we, Nor shall I, Nor shall we all, So say we all (sic). End homicide and end climate change, and we end murder. THIS, we know.”

http://thepolicenews.net/default.aspx?act=Newsletter.aspx&category=News+1-2&n...

Is it endemic to goobs in general?

Henry C. "Hank" Johnson Jr. (born October 2, 1954) is the U.S. .... island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize", to which Admiral Willard replied, "We don't anticipate that.

I think it's noteworthy that both are part of that elite group, the most educated, the democrats.
Bubs are embarrassing, but topping those would be really hard.
Yeah, snopes tried to play it off.. I'm not buying it.

SJL has demonstrated her stupidity plenty.
How do idiots like McCain and SJL keep getting elected and people like Cynthia McKinney not?
McKinney made the politically suicidal move of directly confronting Rumsfeld. She pointedly forced him to defend DynCorp after they were busted for sex trafficking. He said
Only one person was involved.
Horse CRAP. One person, procure and transport women and children. And Nobody thought it odd that these people are passengers on the plane?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 03/07/17 at 10:53:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/07/17 at 10:39:19:
Datas (sic) uncover (sic) today give us a clearer portrait of a couple of possible cause (sic) for murder, but let’s be clear.. Changes in the atmospheres (sic) and combustibles (sic) also play a roles (sic) in how peoples (sic) are behave (sic). By continuing homicide (sic) and climate changes (sic) we are ascend (sic) ourselves to vulnables (sic), and we cannot deny that, Nor shall we, Nor shall I, Nor shall we all, So say we all (sic). End homicide and end climate change, and we end murder. THIS, we know.”

http://thepolicenews.net/default.aspx?act=Newsletter.aspx&category=News+1-2&n...

Is it endemic to goobs in general?

What's a goob?

Henry C. "Hank" Johnson Jr. (born October 2, 1954) is the U.S. .... island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize", to which Admiral Willard replied, "We don't anticipate that.

Yep - dumb comment... your point?

I think it's noteworthy that both are part of that elite group, the most educated, the democrats.
Bubs are embarrassing, but topping those would be really hard.
Yeah, snopes tried to play it off.. I'm not buying it.

SJL has demonstrated her stupidity plenty.
How do idiots like McCain and SJL keep getting elected and people like Cynthia McKinney not?
McKinney made the politically suicidal move of directly confronting Rumsfeld. She pointedly forced him to defend DynCorp after they were busted for sex trafficking. He said
Only one person was involved.
Horse CRAP. One person, procure and transport women and children. And Nobody thought it odd that these people are passengers on the plane?

I really don't see your point in this.... sorry.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #42 - 03/07/17 at 18:07:42

That explains a lot.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #43 - 03/08/17 at 12:06:47

T And T Garage wrote on 03/07/17 at 09:31:00:
 "...Your rant is unwarranted..."  

Well it is a balmy 30 today, but it’s to windy to haul rocks.
So the tree cutting  postponed.

Inside for a while, to respond to T&T.
 (Which he considers  ‘Rants’ )
Little history, for someone who refuses to do it himself.
This is the, ‘Cliff Notes”, version.
(All the bold below, are, direct quotes from numerous sites,  Ill Law,  Ill Register, Ill State Police.  Wikipedia, etc)

In 1949, the State  Issued a Handgun Carry BAN,   modified in 1962.

In 2013, the state passed, their, ‘carry’  law.  To be in acted  1/1/14,
(Which first permit went out on  Feb 28, 2014.)

Illinois became the last state in the country to allow carrying firearms in public.

(‘Shall’,  means that, if you qualify, as to listed things, you, ‘Well’, receive)
(“May’, means that, if you qualify, as to listed things, you, ‘May’ Not,  Receive them,
because to receive, or not to receive, is  dependent, not on those stated things,
but to a single person, or a, ‘board’)
Still no  confirmation, if  the new CCW  law, is a,  ’Shall’, or a, ‘May’, law.

(Paul Harvey Again)
On September 12, 2013, the Illinois Supreme Court, ruled that the state’s … law, which completely prohibited concealed carry,  was unconstitutional.
AND.
December 11, 2012,… the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, … ruled that Illinois’ concealed carry ban was unconstitutional, and gave the state 180 days to change its laws.  Subsequently, the court granted a 30-day extension of the deadline.
(Complete Quotes below)
So the State was finally,  Forced to Follow,  the  Constitution of this Nation.

That new Ill CCW  law,  Is, ‘kinna’, written as a, ’shall’ law, not a, ‘May’, law.
But is is NOT,  Black and White !
And here is a great,  “Catch 22”.
To get a  Ill, CCW, you must   FIRST, have a  FOID  card.
And to get a, FOID  Card  ????
Yep, that  Right,  It is a, ‘May’ law   LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The  last, ‘requirement’, to get a FOID card, says:
"If the Department issues a denial or fails to act on an application within 90 days of receipt, the applicant may appeal to the director of the Department for a hearing. All final decisions of the Department are subject to judicial review".

So does  IL, or, “Chi-raq”, (love that word),   Really  have a CCW  available to the honest  Citizens of that state?????

Or is it joust like NY  City or  San Francisco or L.A..
where, it is on the ‘books’, but, Maybe,  just Maybe, after several years, and 1,000’s of dollars,  and all sorts of court dates, and  PAYING OFF  OFFICIALS.  One,  just might get one ???

So, again,  that little thing called,  ‘Observed Reality’,  (which is not really ‘real’, as to T&T)
High Crime Rate areas, where it is  Very hard to get a firearm, and have the ’strictest’  gun control laws.
Simply have the Highest  Crime rates !

So  the,  Honest  person, can not, carry a firearm, to protect themselves.
Because the  Criminals,  just grab, ILLEGAL  ones.
  (Again, how is that,  ‘War on Drugs’, going in Ill  ???)

- - - - - - -

“…but does allow home rule units to enact more restrictive ordinances …”

“Illinois went from a complete ban on public carrying of firearms to a concealed carry law that's now being implemented"

"On July 9, 2013, (sig.  that, shall  law, was effective  Jan  2014),  after much litigation and political wrangling, Illinois became the last state in the country to allow carrying firearms in public.”

“Prior to … …  failed to pass, a concealed carry law - resulting in Illinois being the only state that completely banned the practice”

“Last winter, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit struck down the Illinois law prohibiting concealed carry as unconstitutional under the Second Amendment. The court gave the legislature 180 days to craft a bill permitting individuals to carry firearms outside the home for self-defense.
On December 11, 2012, a three-judge panel of the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, in the case of Moore v. Madigan, ruled that Illinois' concealed carry ban was unconstitutional, and gave the state 180 days to change its laws.[33] Subsequently, the court granted a 30-day extension of the deadline.”

"On September 12, 2013, the Illinois Supreme Court, in the case of People v. Aguilar, also ruled that the state's Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon law, which completely prohibited concealed carry, was unconstitutional. On January 5, 2014, the state police began accepting applications for licenses to carry concealed handguns. On February 28, 2014, the state police announced that they had begun issuing concealed carry licenses.”

"The state's original handgun carry ban was enacted in 1949, with the ban's most recent revision being enacted in 1962.[32] The pre-existing law forbade concealed carry”

"However, any law enforcement agency can object to an individual being granted a license "based upon a reasonable suspicion that the applicant is a danger to himself or herself or others, or a threat to public safety". Objections are considered by a Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board, which decides whether or not the license will be issued, based on “a preponderance of the evidence”.

"All final administrative decisions regarding FOID cards by the Department of State Police are subject to judicial review under the Administration Review Law”

“The application process is supposed to take 30 business days or fewer but is often longer, state police acknowledge"

"Orders of protection are from time to time inappropriately filed in family law matters, often times without fully understanding the consequences of such a filing”

“BUT,  we how have the  FOID, card,  which you MUST  Have,   BELORE, you apply for a CCL"

"If the Department issues a denial or fails to act on an application within 90 days of receipt, the applicant may appeal to the director of the Department for a hearing. All final decisions of the Department are subject to judicial review”.

"Immediately after the bill became law, individuals and entities began to falsely advertise that their courses meet the CCL training requirements”

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:05:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Wait... Who's the enemy?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.