Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Wait... Who's the enemy? (Read 236 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Wait... Who's the enemy?
Reply #15 - 03/01/17 at 14:54:29

TT is like a man standing in his house, laughing at the neighbors whose houses are completely engulfed in flames, beating his chest, proclaiming,
Look! My house is Safe! Only the kitchen is on fire.
Cold comfort, living in a lesser disaster.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 03/02/17 at 04:58:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/01/17 at 14:54:29:
TT is like a man standing in his house, laughing at the neighbors whose houses are completely engulfed in flames, beating his chest, proclaiming,
Look! My house is Safe! Only the kitchen is on fire.
Cold comfort, living in a lesser disaster.

Exactly.

and I live in St. Louis by the way. Chicago is St. Louis multiplied by 6. StL has one large bad area, the North side, where 90% of last years murders occured. Chicago has 2, south and west. I know where not to go on StL much on the same way TT knows where not to go on Chicago.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 03/02/17 at 15:18:23

Whaaaaa.....

Look at the crybabies!  

Sure, it's cool to put Chicago down, right fellas?  So tell me, why can't I defend MY city?

I've lived here over 35 years and have NEVER heard a gunshot.  I've lived on the near west, the south loop and the northwest - don't tell me what's safe and what's not.

I've visited New Orleans on vacation for only a few days and heard gunfire.  

Oh, and please, don't tell me about St. Louis.... it's per capita murder rate is off the charts compared to Chicago.

Hey fellas, ever notice how Chicago never got press for its murders before Obama?  Gee... I wonder why that is?  You realize that in the 90's it was actually WORSE, right?.... of course you don't - you're led around by the MSM....lol - how sad.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #18 - 03/02/17 at 17:04:40

T And T Garage wrote on 03/02/17 at 15:18:23:
  " ... So tell me, why can't I defend MY city? ..."

Sure you can.  

Not a  Problem.

You know where to go, and where not to,
and what times of the day you can and when you can’t.
Not a  problem.    It’s just like some places in St. Paul MN,   You can go their  from 6 AM to 5  PM.
NO    Problem.
But don’t even,  ’think’, about going to those places from,  7PM to 4 AM.

Tell you what,  You, Take a,  Cam Corder, and a  Buddy,  and GO TO,
the, ‘Places in  Chicago’, at ’night’, and record  what you see, and experiences you have.
   (Forgot, ‘Experienced  Reality’, is Not  really, ‘Real’)

But if you do go.    
Was interesting  talking with you !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #19 - 03/02/17 at 17:56:36

T And T Garage wrote on 03/02/17 at 15:18:23:
Sure, it's cool to put Chicago down, right fellas?  So tell me,

I've visited New Orleans on vacation for only a few days and heard gunfire.  

No, actually it is not cool.  It is the product of decades of liberal management, it is a bastion of the left.  It is the home to civil rights leaders - Barry, Louie, & Jesse.  They'll protest when a white cop kills a thug in self defense, yet 60 people get shot over a weekend and you don't hear a peep.

I'm not surprised about experience your New Orleans, it is an overrated piece of crap.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #20 - 03/02/17 at 18:00:28

And they violate your constitutional rights regarding the 2A.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 03/02/17 at 18:32:35

That you can somehow pretend Chicago doesn't demand criticism is part of the problem. Instead of defending the place, you should be tearing the city council and mayor up.
I don't owe my city, where I live, pay taxes, engage in commerce, any patriotic loyalty. It's supposed to function FAVORABLY for all of its inhabitants. I don't understand why you Would defend it. I didn't defend Odessa Texas when it was the murder capital. I was Exactly the guy who was the most likely victim. Mid twenties, single white male. I didn't live my life around it, but I carried a knife. I brandished it, successfully, once. I blocked a punch with it once. That fight was over immediately. Odessa sucked, but I could make a living there.
Any city that is making national news almost every week needs something seriously changed. Something is Seriously Wrong.
How does defending a place on the map help anything?
If bubs had been running it for the last fifty years I think you'd be pissed at the sorry state of your city.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 03/03/17 at 06:14:41

LOL - so no comments on how our murder rates were WORSE in the 90's yet no publicity??

Yeah, the problem I have with the comments is NOT that I love the murder rate, it's that it's politicized for one reason only - Obama lived here.  I find it funny that the bubs on here are led around by their nose by the MSM.  

Rahm is a moron and I did NOT vote for him - oh, and guess what?  For governor, I voted for rauner... how about that??

So go take your lib hate somewhere else.  Ignorance is ignorance - it knows no party (but to see all these GOPers getting behind trump... well, I'm seeing first hand how they might be taking the lead...)

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 03/03/17 at 10:22:00

It's as if my criticisms, plural, of trump don't exist. Good for you, TT, you're not so guthooked that you vote a straight ticket.
That you believe, and it might be true, that the reason Chiraq is reported on is because Obama lived there doesn't change the facts.
That it's less of a disaster today than in the nineties doesn't make it Good. The shootings Are occurring. There Are places that an intelligent person wouldn't go for a walk. WHY Chiraq gets more press doesn't help anyone who got shot.
My question is
What changed to bring the rate down from the nineties? Did they kill each other off, so fewer people who Would be a part of that are there?
Did law enforcement round up those people?
What's going on to cause the improvement?
If you can't answer that, I understand. I don't know what Caused Odessa Texas to Become so violent, exactly, but I suspect it had something to do with the imbalance between the number of men and women in that demographic. Young white males outnumbered the females. The number of pretty young things who wound up addicts because guys would give them anything to get a date was , pardon the pun, high.
What made the murder rate drop? Not sure, oil field activity dropped, guys went back home?
Okay, so Chiraq is not so completely engulfed in flames, doesn't make it attractive or safe.
That other places are worse doesn't make it good.
If two guys are in quicksand and one is neck deep, the other, only knee deep, if someone walked by and pointed out to the guy knee deep that he was in a bad spot, would it be better to
Admit that he is in a bad spot and ask for help
Or
laugh and point to the guy neck deep?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 03/03/17 at 10:51:57

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/03/17 at 10:22:00:
It's as if my criticisms, plural, of trump don't exist. Good for you, TT, you're not so guthooked that you vote a straight ticket.
That you believe, and it might be true, that the reason Chiraq is reported on is because Obama lived there doesn't change the facts.

Yes, it actually does.  Our crime rates were far higher in the late 80's and early 90's.  That's a fact.  The other fact is, the ONLY reason you hear about our crime now is because of political motivations and condemnation of libs... it's pathetic.

That it's less of a disaster today than in the nineties doesn't make it Good.

What??  An improvement is no good???  C'mon.... do you actually believe that??

The shootings Are occurring. There Are places that an intelligent person wouldn't go for a walk. WHY Chiraq gets more press doesn't help anyone who got shot.

As there is in EVERY MAJOR CITY - Chicago (not chiraq) is actually SAFER than many large cities.  You seem to forget that.

My question is
What changed to bring the rate down from the nineties? Did they kill each other off, so fewer people who Would be a part of that are there?

There were tougher penalties enacted on crimes and there was less focus on non-violent crimes.  Then daly just wanted to fill the jails and bolster neighborhoods that played along with his administration.  He didn't care about the crime as much as he did the numbers... that continues today, only on a bigger scale.  You can get more jail time for a first offense with weed than you can with a firearm violation.... that's messed up.

If you can't answer that, I understand. I don't know what Caused Odessa Texas to Become so violent, exactly, but I suspect it had something to do with the imbalance between the number of men and women in that demographic. Young white males outnumbered the females. The number of pretty young things who wound up addicts because guys would give them anything to get a date was , pardon the pun, high.
What made the murder rate drop? Not sure, oil field activity dropped, guys went back home?
Okay, so Chiraq is not so completely engulfed in flames, doesn't make it attractive or safe.

Tell that to the 54 MILLION tourists we had last year.  Remember that it's safer than St. Louis, Baltimore, Gary, New Orleans, etc., etc.

Of course not - but NOT worthy of condemnation like we've seen in the last 8 years... just because of Obama's history and the MSM on the right.

If two guys are in quicksand and one is neck deep, the other, only knee deep, if someone walked by and pointed out to the guy knee deep that he was in a bad spot, would it be better to
Or

The better analogy would be an onlooker (of the above quicksand scenario) only offering to help the one he liked the most and leaving the other to die - just because he heard a rumor about the one he doesn't like...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 03/03/17 at 12:57:20

T And T Garage wrote on 03/03/17 at 10:51:57:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/03/17 at 10:22:00:

Yes, it actually does.  Our crime rates were far higher in the late 80's and early 90's.  That's a fact.  The other fact is, the ONLY reason you hear about our crime now is because of political motivations and condemnation of libs... it's pathetic.

No, the Facts are, as reported. That the reports are only made because of some real or perceived political reason doesn't remove any bullets from victims. Does CNN report those same shootings? IDK,

What??  An improvement is no good???  C'mon.... do you actually believe that??
You're not stupid. You can't be. I've seen your website. You know I didn't say that a decreasing crime rate isn't a good thing. .

The shootings Are occurring. There Are places that an intelligent person wouldn't go for a walk. WHY Chiraq gets more press doesn't help anyone who got shot.

As there is in EVERY MAJOR CITY - Chicago (not chiraq) is actually SAFER than many large cities.  You seem to forget that.
No, I'm not forgetting anything. That some places are worse doesn't make Chicago GOOD.
I'm more reasonable than I'm being given credit for.

My question is

There were tougher penalties enacted on crimes and there was less focus on non-violent crimes.  Then daly just wanted to fill the jails and bolster neighborhoods that played along with his administration.  He didn't care about the crime as much as he did the numbers... that continues today, only on a bigger scale.  You can get more jail time for a first offense with weed than you can with a firearm violation.... that's messed up.

Yep, that IS messed up. I would probably be looking at the private prison system and its lobbyists as being possibly a driving force behind the legislation that is so obviously upside down.

Tell that to the 54 MILLION tourists we had last year.  Remember that it's safer than St. Louis, Baltimore, Gary, New Orleans, etc., etc.

Safer? Or less dangerous? How many of the places where we see high crime rates have a long history of democrat party control and strict gun control? IDK, but I have a suspicion.
Why the left chose gun control as a party platform structural element IDK. Seems like the time has come to acknowledge the statistically supported fact that when people, Law Abiding People, are legally Able to defend themselves, the Criminal Element of society suddenly start to get less aggressive. The carjacking game died very quickly in La. within weeks of the Governor telling the people to arm themselves. The number of gutshot punks laying kicking, screaming and bleeding in the road changed the attraction to the thrill of jerking a door open and shoving a gun in someone's face and stealing the car a Lot. Cars stolen, sometimes with infants in the back seat, sometimes driven away, while the owner was hung up in the seatbelt, dragged to death or getting snagged and run over by the rear tire. Why anyone would stand in opposition to self defense is beyond me. AFAIAC, anyone who opposes self defense shouldn't be allowed to wear  seatbelt or helmet. Hey, someone believes that it's okay to pass laws that prohibit My ability to feel safer, they can get some of that..
If someone wants open borders, they can remove the locks and fences. Action speeks  louder than words.

Of course not - but NOT worthy of condemnation like we've seen in the last 8 years... just because of Obama's history and the MSM on the right.

Yeah, that MSM,, not too trustworthy,unless it's saying what someone wants to hear. Then it's gospel.  I haven't studied the reporting and analyzed it By reporting Source. Does Fox report Chicago crime more than CNN? If so I
wonder why.
Your contention that the Reason for the reporting is politically motivated might not be all there is to it.
https://www.thetrace.org/2017/01/chicago-murder-rate-fatal-shootings/

Or

The better analogy would be an onlooker (of the above quicksand scenario) only offering to help the one he liked the most and leaving the other to die - just because he heard a rumor about the one he doesn't like...

I understand mine. I'm talking about My perception of how you're defending your city.
You're telling me that Chicago doesn't deserve to be in the news, because other places are worse, refusing, it seems, to admit it's frikking dangerous. You're so stuck on being pissed off about the fact that the media is reporting on it and we talk about it that I can't grasp it. SHOULD cities with higher rates be getting more attention? Maybe so. You keep talking about St. Louis. Well, expect to see that change in a few years.
I wish you would just drag up the stats for other places that would make Chicago look better.

This guy has
Had enough, not gonna keep voting for democrats.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/16/black-voters-rejecting-democr...

I guess nobody remembers the hysterical warnings from the left when states decided to allow concealed carry in bars.
How many TIMES do people Have to be Proven WRONG before they stop and think?

hysteria over gun law allowing concealed carry in bars

The Global Warmlarmists screaming about some BS
The science is settled, follow the Science they say,
But here, where Law Abiding types, want to be able to protect themselves, well, screw proven Observed Reality, everyone KNOWS the Only Way to keep people from getting shot is Gun Control,and YET, even when guns got into Bars the people didn't go nuts.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 03/03/17 at 13:59:40

[quote author=687771766B6C5D6D5D65777B30020 link=1487784791/15#25 date=1488574640][quote author=2C323D3C312C372A580 link=1487784791/15#24 date=1488567117]justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/03/17 at 10:22:00:

No, the Facts are, as reported. That the reports are only made because of some real or perceived political reason doesn't remove any bullets from victims. Does CNN report those same shootings? IDK,

OK, for the last time, I'm NOT defending the crime, I'm defending the reputation of my city and its people.  Yes - even one killing in a year is too many, but it's simply NOT a dangerous place.  We've seen 54 MILLION tourists last year.  What you see in the news sells ads and gives politicians something to distract everyone while they pick pockets.

You're not stupid. You can't be. I've seen your website. You know I didn't say that a decreasing crime rate isn't a good thing.

No, but you don't take it into consideration either - THAT'S the problem.

No, I'm not forgetting anything. That some places are worse doesn't make Chicago GOOD.
I'm more reasonable than I'm being given credit for.

But compared to other major cities we ARE GOOD.  Have you ever seen the lakefront, our parks, our downtown, our festivals, our diverse culture, our world famous bars and restaurants, etc., etc.?  Chicago is a top world destination.  

The crime rates in New Orleans and the others I mention have gotten worse over the last 8 years - Chicago's (under Police Chief Garry McCarthy) actually started to decline until rahm stepped in and pushed McCarthy out.

Yep, that IS messed up. I would probably be looking at the private prison system and its lobbyists as being possibly a driving force behind the legislation that is so obviously upside down.

Safer? Or less dangerous?

They are the same - if a place is less dangerous, then by definition it's safer......  C'mon.

How many of the places where we see high crime rates have a long history of democrat party control and strict gun control? IDK, but I have a suspicion.

That's a terrible correlation, I admit - but what about New York?  Do you give any credit to Bloomberg or de Blasio?  What about L.A. where (until just very recently) the crime rate has dropped steadily since the 90's (when a republican was in office there).

Why the left chose gun control as a party platform structural element IDK. Seems like the time has come to acknowledge the statistically supported fact that when people, Law Abiding People, are legally Able to defend themselves, the Criminal Element of society suddenly start to get less aggressive. The carjacking game died very quickly in La. within weeks of the Governor telling the people to arm themselves. The number of gutshot punks laying kicking, screaming and bleeding in the road changed the attraction to the thrill of jerking a door open and shoving a gun in someone's face and stealing the car a Lot. Cars stolen, sometimes with infants in the back seat, sometimes driven away, while the owner was hung up in the seatbelt, dragged to death or getting snagged and run over by the rear tire. Why anyone would stand in opposition to self defense is beyond me. AFAIAC, anyone who opposes self defense shouldn't be allowed to wear  seatbelt or helmet. Hey, someone believes that it's okay to pass laws that prohibit My ability to feel safer, they can get some of that..
If someone wants open borders, they can remove the locks and fences. Action speeks  louder than words.

We have CC in Chicago - we have since 2014 and I fully support it.  The problem has NEVER been the banning of guns - there is no ban in Chicago - no one want's to ban them, sheesh - just enforcing the rules on the books and making it tougher/impossible for those who are questionable to own them.

I'm not sure of the percent - but it's common knowledge that most of the guns that kill our neighbors are illegally owned and gotten from gun shows and the like in WI, MI and IN.

Yeah, that MSM,, not too trustworthy,unless it's saying what someone wants to hear. Then it's gospel.  I haven't studied the reporting and analyzed it By reporting Source. Does Fox report Chicago crime more than CNN? If so I
wonder why.
Your contention that the Reason for the reporting is politically motivated might not be all there is to it.
https://www.thetrace.org/2017/01/chicago-murder-rate-fatal-shootings/

Funny you should mention that - this actually proves the point that the guns are too easy to obtain illegally in the surrounding areas of Chicago.  The gun murder rate is crazy - how can that be with the tighter restrictions on obtaining weapons?  See the point I'm making??

I understand mine. I'm talking about My perception of how you're defending your city.
You're telling me that Chicago doesn't deserve to be in the news, because other places are worse, refusing, it seems, to admit it's frikking dangerous. You're so stuck on being pissed off about the fact that the media is reporting on it and we talk about it that I can't grasp it. SHOULD cities with higher rates be getting more attention? Maybe so.

What pisses me off is that someone as intelligent as you doesn't see that it's 100% political in nature.  The crime rate in Chicago would NEVER Have made headlines if it weren't form Obama once living here.  If you honestly can't see that, then you're in complete denial or just plain ignorant.

I actually don't have to defend my city.  It's doing fine (remember those 54 million tourists?), our GDP is up, our unemployment is down and given the soft winter, there could be record setting tourism revenue this year.

You keep talking about St. Louis. Well, expect to see that change in a few years.
I wish you would just drag up the stats for other places that would make Chicago look better.

Here you go:

http://www.thetrace.org/2017/01/chicago-not-most-dangerous-city-america/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate

Honestly though - it's on you to find out more about my great city.

This guy has
Had enough, not gonna keep voting for democrats.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/16/black-voters-rejecting-democr...

If you've seen, I don't and will NEVER vote party.  I voted for rauner and would have voted for Kasich over hillary.

I guess nobody remembers the hysterical warnings from the left when states decided to allow concealed carry in bars.
How many TIMES do people Have to be Proven WRONG before they stop and think?

hysteria over gun law allowing concealed carry in bars

Well - guns aren't the be-all end-all, ok?

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/264755/carjacking-gone-wrong-houston-texas/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/10/14/ap-usa-today-gun-accidents-chil...

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/child-injured-killed

The Global Warmlarmists screaming about some BS
The science is settled, follow the Science they say,
But here, where Law Abiding types, want to be able to protect themselves, well, screw proven Observed Reality, everyone KNOWS the Only Way to keep people from getting shot is Gun Control,and YET, even when guns got into Bars the people didn't go nuts.

First off, I hope you're not a climate change denier, second, look at the links above - it's not all great - keep it real.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #27 - 03/03/17 at 19:23:10

T And T Garage wrote on 03/03/17 at 13:59:40:
" ...We have CC in Chicago - we have since 2014 and I fully support it.  The problem has NEVER been the banning of guns - there is no ban in Chicago - no one want's to ban them, sheesh -  ..."

WOW,   You  have  NOT,    Checked the   FACTS,    Have  You   !!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #28 - 03/03/17 at 19:36:24

T& T,  Here is a  Idea:

Take,  TWO,  Buddies, with the ‘carry  Permits’  you say are available in Chicago.
Then go with,  Two  Cam Corders,  (Visio recorders), and film, what is  happening,    (One filming you and the  person.   The other filming you and the Filmer, of that  person)
in the, ‘“Don’t  Go  Areas”,   Ask the people their,  ‘What are your thoughts’,
And see  how you can PROVE,    Everybody,   Wrong   !!!!!!!!

Would be  happy, to see that   Video !   (UN   EDITED)

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 03/03/17 at 19:49:02

Just as Earth had an ice age and the climate changed, and it made those changes without a bunch of Suburbans and coal burning power plants.

Apparently the press is not telling All of the story. That's unprecedented, right? Provided that the tourists/seminar attendees/business trips, etc Is in fact Forty Five MILLION per year, then we know two things.
Chicago is getting a Money Shower. Hotels,restaurants, other shops, car rental, the city should be doing well in that respect.
And, if the place is So Bad, how do they keep up the tourism?

Still, there are places in every city I've been in where people who simply don't belong there,had better not be there. Actually, no, Tecumseh,Oklahoma didn't have a place where anyone would be afraid to walk after dark.  But the place actually had one stoplight.
Most times it was just flashing red on two sides, yellow on the other, it was only a real stoplight in the morning, at lunch and at quitting time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:13:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Wait... Who's the enemy?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.