Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
two years and less than 1000 miles. Worthless??? (Read 725 times)
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
two years and less than 1000 miles. Worthless???
02/11/17 at 08:30:10

so it's not working again... this time gas is leaking out of the right side drain hose?????

just got the belt adjusted, totally rewired the  starter to disengage again replaced the battery, rode it 5 miles two weeks ago just  as the rain started, to feel it run and now it's disfunctional again.

really not pleased with this motorcycle.  

Pretty much overwhelmed by the  little nitty stupid crap that keeps it off the road. Angry Angry Angry

never ending saga of SSDD... not a bike I can recommend to a beginner or tired oldster. Seems like  you gotta have a life time of mechanical widsom to keep it going.  not a bike to jump on and ride away. just my experience...  

so it's never been a good ride for me.  

sorry folks the dream won't let me in play no matter how hard I want in the game.

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: two years and less than 1000 miles. Worthless?
Reply #1 - 02/11/17 at 08:33:43

Osama,

Don't give up yet.

Have you changed to The Raptor Petcock?

Kenny G

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/11/17 at 10:23:27

Doesn't Springman live in Spring?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 02/11/17 at 18:12:03

Yes he does , they need to hook up and get this guy some help. Sounds like he needs to RIDE !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #4 - 02/12/17 at 12:42:41

Flipped it to 'RES', dripping went away.  Am finding Raptor... Harley mufflers have been found too.  Building work stand.  I'll call Springman to 'approve' when I'm done.  He helped last year with the starter problem.   Thanks.

Mich Cdr II 140/90R & 100/90F, raised seat, windscreen, clubman bars, T-Kat brace, Raptor, HD 64707-08, thumb decomp,
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 02/12/17 at 13:00:32

I don't think I'd ask someone to come over after it's done.
You're frustrated and not exactly winning. You might be ahead to make contact, set up a time, and have some supervision, extra hands and eyes,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/12/17 at 20:06:30

Don't give up the ship!  You've got one piston, one carb, one fuel valve.  Don't let the small stuff get you down.  Tackle one problem at a time.  I believe when you cure your situations, this bike will be a swing-the-leg-over and ride at will.  (Now you take a 1400 Intruder with two carbs to sychronize, now that's a chore!  And of course, you've got to install your star washers also)

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 02/13/17 at 11:21:25

Hey Wakosama, I'm not the expert but like JOG said I would be more than willing to lend a hand. I still have the original petcock but I did put an HD muffler on the bike last year I think. The only time the bike let me down it was a dead battery. I am approaching 24,000 miles on the odometer and am quite happy with the bike.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #8 - 02/13/17 at 23:54:32

Springman, another few miles and you'll be in Serowbot's Hall of Fame.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 02/14/17 at 04:13:59

Sounds like another case of stock vacuum petcock failure......what year is the bike?

(We have tried to warn you in advance that the stock petcock is a failure waiting to happen).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #10 - 02/14/17 at 08:53:13

Yeah JC, if only I could get some rides in. Seems like lately it is 6-8 miles to the gym and back on Saturdays and not much more. I'd like to hit 25K before the Oklahoma trip. If not I will surely hit that and more on that trip.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #11 - 02/14/17 at 08:56:57

Hey Wakosama, now that I think about it, how does riding to Oklahoma to visit Lancer sound to you? The trip is scheduled for May. I do not remember the exact week at the moment but if you are interested I can look it up.

IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #12 - 02/25/17 at 07:35:02

cooler today. installed raptor... pic.   Smiley

Y_V_1.jpg

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #13 - 02/25/17 at 10:59:07

springman wrote on 02/14/17 at 08:56:57:
Hey Wakosama, now that I think about it, how does riding to Oklahoma to visit Lancer sound to you? The trip is scheduled for May. I do not remember the exact week at the moment but if you are interested I can look it up.

It is scheduled for the 22-27 of May but you can arrive earlier and stay later if you wish.  Arriving on Fri.  or  Sat. the 19th or 20th is fine.

IP Logged
wakosama

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX
Reply #14 - 04/09/17 at 04:08:22

Now the whole garage smells like gas.  Two days after Raptor install the gas cap started leaking.  so I shimmed it per the tech... and now there is leak. no wet gas anywhere, just fumes.  or maybe a film of gas maybe at the Raptor.... so reread the Raptor install guidance again twice.  there's no reference to a gasket. so it just sits there stinking...

Was there  supposed to be a gasket under the Raptor???? no mention in the tech.  screws are tight... so now what?????

really folks you expect me to ride the to OK when it won't even get me out of the neighborhood.  

Just goes to show I'm still stupid enough to keep believing.

What's the definition of insanity? doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.  I actually expected the bike to run a few miles before it broke again.  was about 55miles.

thanks for the insanity.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 16:28:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › two years and less than 1000 miles. Worthless???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.