Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Just a name on the Internet (Read 310 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Just a name on the Internet
Reply #30 - 02/20/17 at 10:10:11

Warning if your coming to CA , You will need rain gear and when the snow melts your Savage should be equipped with pontoons and a paddle wheel to get around !! It's really really bad here !!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #31 - 02/21/17 at 10:45:43

I've been watching the news , best I can tell ... Ya'll are about caught -up on your annual rain fall ...  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #32 - 02/21/17 at 11:13:37

We are above 200% of rainfall. San Joaquin river has breached twice so far they are repairing the levees one was 3 miles from here. River is full , flood bypass running at capacity , two other rivers join this one , one of which is at capacity and has opened their spillway for the next 4 days and our over 200 % snow pack will begin melting here soon ! Droughts and then several years of bad winters & floods,mudslides,etc is a normal cycle here in CA .
Oh yeah more rain in the forecast !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #33 - 02/21/17 at 12:09:48

Move east young man, move east!(or take the high ground)

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #34 - 02/21/17 at 12:26:01

I'm likin the higher ground thing !
Already told the wife if we flood , we do repairs then move. Requirements on higher ground , outside of town , must have 2 bathrooms , must have shop or 2 to 4 car garage.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #35 - 02/21/17 at 20:35:07

Today I saw some blue sky and thought I might get close to area where the levee broke on my tracker. So I avoided the obvious entries that local PD had closed up. Used farm roads from the other side of town , PD can't possibly close or cover all those roads , after a couple u turns , success I am in evac zone and blasting down some farm road . Having a ball when i  notice I'm under this huge dark cloud and one drop ,two drops and here it comes a nasty down pour then the cloud unleashes all its got 1/4"
hail, could feel the sting thru my pants & gloves within 30 to 40 seconds the two lane road is a inch deep in hail , super loud in my helmet , slowed from 50 to 20 , like riding on marbles ? Now totally soaked to the bone , first time the tracker been in the rain , the Kenda k761 tires are not the best choice for hail or wet roads , just slicks with deep grooves but it made for some fun a$$ sliding around , too much throttle I'm sideways ,snap throttle off I'm sideways, once I had that figured out, hail gone just lots of water on the road . Sideways 1st thru 4th snap the throttle off 100 feet before the turn kinda drifting the bike whack the throttle at apex down the next road sideways till 5th gear. Made so many turns I'm don't know where I'm am , lost in farm country. Found my way to the rivers flooded area , haven't seen a moving vehicle for 40 minutes , not where the levee broke just a swollen part of the river , change direction along nearest road  to flooded area back towards home then road up behind their road block,
Waved and rode thru they were less than pleased with me. So the tracker has been weather tested and all good but those tires don't impress me ! My shiney tracker is a mess being in the rain on farm roads,muddy half flooded roads with a hint of cow crap. I haven't had that much fun on a bike in 25 years. Positively the coolest bike I own , so much fun to ride , turns head cause it's different , very pleased with what I built. When I got home soaked & muddy, the wife said did it rain,I replied just alittle. Still can't wipe the smile off my face , that was Big Fun,you don't get rides like that everyday !!! Played hookie from work today that ride was well worth the lost wages !!!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #36 - 02/21/17 at 20:46:04

Ruttly

I want to see a picture of "the tracker "   Huh

before ya clean it up much ... Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #37 - 02/21/17 at 21:53:40

It got hosed off when I got home but it's still far from clean as it was before.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 23:56:18

General CategoryThe Cafe › Just a name on the Internet

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.