Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Just a name on the Internet (Read 310 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Just a name on the Internet
02/09/17 at 21:46:30

Life is a wonderful thing , but gettin old kinda sucks. A few years back a close friend I have known since I was 5 just died in his sleep. His passing at 55 gave me a serious dose of reality , ya know facing your own mortality kinda thing and then realizing this will be happening more often until it's my turn ! So I do what Big Jim loved to do , every chance I get , RIDE !
I have never met any of you. Just names on the Internet ? No not just names. All of you are part of this community. And that's pretty dam cool ! So I will say it for all of us,we all are praying for you Old Rider , get well soon , spring is coming , time to RIDE !!!

Oh yeah I've been drinkin , excuse me for ramblin !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Just a name on the Internet
Reply #1 - 02/10/17 at 00:50:46

Ruttly wrote on 02/09/17 at 21:46:30:
Life is a wonderful thing , but gettin old kinda sucks. A few years back a close friend I have known since I was 5 just died in his sleep. His passing at 55 gave me a serious dose of reality , ya know facing your own mortality kinda thing and then realizing this will be happening more often until it's my turn ! So I do what Big Jim loved to do , every chance I get , RIDE !
I have never met any of you. Just names on the Internet ? No not just names. All of you are part of this community. And that's pretty dam cool ! So I will say it for all of us,we all are praying for you Old Rider , get well soon , spring is coming , time to RIDE !!!

Oh yeah I've been drinkin , excuse me for ramblin !

See this inspired me to dig this out...
=============
Friends Without Faces

We sit and we type, and we stare at our screens
We all have to wonder, what this possibly means

With our mouse we roam, through the rooms in a maze
Looking for something or someone, as we sit in a daze

We chat with each other, we type all our woes
Small groups we do form, and gang up on our foes

We wait for somebody, to type out our name
We seek recognition, and it is always the same

We give kisses and hugs, and sometimes we flirt
Online we chat deeply, and reveal why we hurt

We do form friendships, just why, we don't know
But some of these friendships, will flourish and grow

Why is it on screen, we can be so bold?
Telling our secrets, that have never been told

Why is it we share, the thoughts in our mind?
With those we can't see, as though we were blind

The answer is simple, it is as clear as a bell
We all have our problems, and need someone to tell

We can't tell real people, but tell someone we must
So we turn to the 'puter, and to those we can trust.

Even though it is crazy, the truth still remains
They are Friends Without Faces, and odd little names
============

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 02/10/17 at 06:51:47

No, not rambling...just telling the truth. I've noticed the motorcycling community is a brotherhood. We may not know one another but we are all friends. We do "the wave" at other riders like we're best friends even though we are complete strangers. I've never met any of you guys but I count you all as part of my motorcycling family.  Smiley

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 02/10/17 at 09:25:14

If you live within hauling distance of any of the planned group rides, you ought to go on one.   We have rides planned on the East Coast, the Mississippi Valley, Central US and in West Coast high mountains.    The ride is great and so are the people.  

I will miss seeing Old-Rider on this years rides as he is likely going to miss due to medical issues.

So far we got the following in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Youzguyz Twisted Sisters trip          Mid to Late April      NEED FIRM DATES      Youzguyz,  Springman,  Lancer

Undefined East Coast March-April slot

Lancer Oklahoma trip    May 22-27   Lancer,  Kenny G,  MM,  Springman,  Verslagen,

Indian Paintbrush Campground in Ty Denver  June  NEED FIRM DATES   Verslagen,  Springman,  old.indian,  Lancer

Kickstand Lodge   June 13-18    Dave,  Oldfeller,  MM,  Stewmills,  RaleighGuy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is one of the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

Undefined East Coast July slot           July 15-16    

This is an empty time slot looking for a neat event to center upon.   Several have been proposed, but not much in the way of takers.   Will be reviewed again in February in hopes of a really neat idea cropping up.

MM's farm     Sept 8, 9 & 10    MM,  Oldfeller,  Dave,  Lancer

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

https://freecampsites.net

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #4 - 02/10/17 at 15:14:48

Ruttly, I can relate. My father passed away this past December. My mother has been gone for many years. And just last week I was having a conversation (more of a debate) with my son-in-law as to why I believe in Christ as the Savior. He does not believe. After going round and round I just said, "I'm getting older, my Dad just died, I can see the end of the road...it just seems to get easier to believe as you get older." I have only been riding for a few years now but we motorcyclists are indeed a brotherhood. Take Oldfeller at his word, go on a ride with the guys and enjoy it. I have only been on 2 rides, but they were both great fun and these really are good people. Oh, and I haven't even started drinking yet! Cool

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 02/10/17 at 18:50:18

Springman , With the job and life I'm tied to I doubt I'll ever get to ride with you guys until I retire. But you never know life changes in a flash and two rides are on my bucket list Dragon & Pikes Peak. I'm not much of a long distance rider , one day out next day back. I may not be a church goer but that hasn't stopped me from prayer , on my commute I go over a pass , on the hillside is a cross and traffic always slow there that gives us time to toss a prayer to someone in need , lately it's been for friend that has a inoperable brain tumor , will also include Old Rider. It's all ok I find myself more focused when riding alone. Might have to start my own m/c club for thumpers because here in gods country we have a thousands of awesome roads !
And a moderate amount of alcohol is good for the heart and better for the soul , when moderate becomes excessive , do we know or even care ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 02/10/17 at 20:44:48

Amen Brothers !

Life is Short , Too Short !

Springman , you forgot about the Dragon run you did with us and your crazy brother in law !   Two South Texas rides too ,  and that just the ones I know of !  Wink

I want to do Pikes peak too , The Black-Hills , SD the week before or after Rally time .   Versey , wanted a Northern/Western ride too I think , So many Rides and so little time ...  Tongue

I just ordered a National Park pass for discounts camping at all the National camping parks , I hope more info comes in the package ... Golden Pass ... thing , we'll see when it gets here.  

I like the support of a riding partner or I can't do those long rides .

See ya at Lancer's if not before !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 02/10/17 at 21:14:42

Just a name? naw we're so much more as we ride the same bike.
It's like you lent me your bike and mine to you, who would you do that with but a brother.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #8 - 02/10/17 at 21:50:27

It's like you lent me your bike and mine to you, who would you do that with but a brother.

Grin

Versey you are so right !!!   ....  Hay ... you going to put me up for a day or two till my rear-end  heals if I ride out to your place sometime ?  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 02/10/17 at 22:24:13

When I arrived here at SS with my project RYCA you all were just faceless names on the Internet. Mind you I have never indulged in social media of any sort. As my project evolved and so did my appreciation of what I stumbled upon. Without everyone's help , input , criticism it wouldn't be what it is today. You all have my respect and I evolved to be a member. Yet I got worried about a member with a health issue who is a faceless name, who I have never met not just on the internet but on SS. I guess this place inside my iPad has changed me.

You all have faces and names in my head  Grin wow you should see you look like in here !  Grin Grin Grin.          Yup still a smart a$$

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 02/10/17 at 23:08:23

MMRanch wrote on 02/10/17 at 21:50:27:

Grin

Versey you are so right !!!   ....  Hay ... you going to put me up for a day or two till my rear-end  heals if I ride out to your place sometime ?  

Yep, I'll even give you a sling for your @$$

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #11 - 02/11/17 at 07:19:18

My idea of a vacation might look like :

I'd like to take a week or 10 days , find a few members located between your place and mine to lend out a couch for the night , and ride for a week !

Might have to go with those Free Campsites OldFeller bumped into.

I suspect I'm not the only guy that would like that kinda trip.  So any you fellers need a spot in southern-middle Tn. I've got a garage with a couch and/or a big yard out in the country.  

Versey , if me ... turned into "We" sometime  ,  how tolerant are your neighbors ?    Roll Eyes

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 02/11/17 at 10:03:56

There are lakes along the way on most trips that riders choose to make. Pretty country generally has lakes,, and usually there is a campground. A tent and fishing pole, and you're almost set. A campsite is usually under ten bucks. I've seen them go for six bucks..a three piece, five foot Ugly Stick with an Ultralight spinning reel breaks down really small. A small pack of lures and some cooking stuff, and you can camp out, and, for the days when nothing is biting, carry a couple of cans of food. Or go get a burger,
That's what I'm trying to get in good enough shape to accomplish.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #13 - 02/11/17 at 11:01:26

Working out with 1/2 lb burgers and 12 ounce pumps , way to go ! Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #14 - 02/11/17 at 11:36:16

Yeah MM, I have been on 3 rides. I forgot I went on the Twisted Sisters twice.

Ruttly, I know having to go to work gets in the way or riding. But thank goodness I can take a week off here or there. Someday I will retire and have the freedom MM has.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 18:15:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › Just a name on the Internet

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.