Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Holy $hit Trump Sticky Thread (Read 351 times)
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Re: Holy $hit Trump Sticky Thread
Reply #15 - 01/25/17 at 11:30:10

T And T Garage wrote on 01/25/17 at 11:07:01:
Joer0952 wrote on 01/25/17 at 10:54:05:
The only alternative fact is that the growth was anything but sluggish.  In fact, it was the most sluggish recovery from a recession in recent history.  

True - the recovery was/is painfully slow - but a recovery nonetheless.  To be clear, it was the single largest recession since the Great Depression.  How much of that is on Obama?

I find it a bit funny, and I must ask - you can see the future from 3 days of trump being in office?  What happens if the DOW crashes?  Will that also be on trump?

I'm just being realistic.  Since March of 2009, the DOW has skyrocketed.  I'm sure you gave Obama the same credit then as you're giving trump now, right?

Historically the worse the recession the stronger the recovery.  Here read this:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013/06/02/economically-could-obama-...

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #16 - 01/25/17 at 11:32:20

T And T Garage wrote on 01/25/17 at 10:57:31:
Joer0952 wrote on 01/25/17 at 10:50:10:
T And T Garage wrote on 01/25/17 at 10:11:42:
But then there's this.....

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-sign-off-border-wall-140500115.html

That little stroke of the pen could cost taxpayers $20 Billion.... oh well.

I thought liberals liked infrastructure spending

We do - ALL Americans do.... just not on a wall that trump promised over and over that mexico would pay for....  I'd like to see bridge repair, dam repair, road repair and expansion, etc.  A wall is just a wall....  That $20 Billion could be of better use elsewhere.  

I don't get it, if trump is such a master negotiator, why can't he get mexico to pay for it?

According to him Mexico will ultimately be paying for it, if he is a good negotiator history will prove this true and you will have to eat your hat.  If it doesn't then I will have to concede that he failed to fulfill this promise, but only time will tell

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 01/25/17 at 12:13:56

Joer0952 wrote on 01/25/17 at 11:32:20:
According to him Mexico will ultimately be paying for it, if he is a good negotiator history will prove this true and you will have to eat your hat.  If it doesn't then I will have to concede that he failed to fulfill this promise, but only time will tell

LOL - Love how you put things... I'll have to "eat my hat", and you'll "have to concede".

See any pattern there?

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #18 - 01/25/17 at 12:21:52

T And T Garage wrote on 01/25/17 at 12:13:56:

LOL - Love how you put things... I'll have to "eat my hat", and you'll "have to concede".

See any pattern there?

Yes because you are insisting Mexico is not paying for it, on the other hand I am not saying they will, just that according to him thy will pay for it and we have to wait and see.  If Mexico does pay you are wrong (eat your hat), if they don't pay then he was wrong and I will have to concede that you were right, but since I didn't insist that they would pay then I don't have to eat my hat.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 01/25/17 at 12:27:01

Joer0952 wrote on 01/25/17 at 11:30:10:
Historically the worse the recession the stronger the recovery.  Here read this:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013/06/02/economically-could-obama-...

Um, you realize that this is an opinion piece, right?

Here are some facts (no, not all are good):

Since President Barack Obama first took office:

-The economy has added more than 10 million jobs, and job openings are at a 15-year high.

-The unemployment rate has dropped well below the historical norm, but long-term unemployment remains higher than at the start of the Great Recession.

-The buying power of the average worker’s weekly paycheck is up 4.4 percent.

-Corporate profits are running 152 percent higher, and stock prices have soared.

-The number of immigrants caught trying to enter the U.S. illegally has dropped 53 percent.

-Federal debt has more than doubled, and annual deficits, after shrinking, are again on the rise.

-The home ownership rate has dropped by 4 percentage points.

-The number of Americans on food stamps is up 36 percent.

-Oil imports are down 53 percent, and wind and solar power have quadrupled.

-The number of people lacking health insurance has gone down by 15.2 million.

Yes, sluggish, but a recovery.  I'd take that over what could have been a far worse situation.

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #20 - 01/25/17 at 12:38:09

of course there was a recovery, when you start at the bottom there is nowhere to go but up.  The sluggishness is the concern.  The last one about the number of people with healthcare increasing is irrelevant, of course if you make not having coverage illegal coverage will go up, you are forcing it on people.  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 01/25/17 at 12:38:26

According to Mexico, they won't pay for it. ...and if they do, it will be through tariffs... which we will ultimately pay for through higher prices...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #22 - 01/25/17 at 12:39:17

Serowbot wrote on 01/25/17 at 12:38:26:

According to Mexico, they won't pay for it. ...and if they do, it will be through tariffs... which we will ultimately pay for through higher prices...

conjecture, you nor I know what his plan is

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 01/25/17 at 12:42:57

Joer0952 wrote on 01/25/17 at 12:21:52:
Yes because you are insisting Mexico is not paying for it, on the other hand I am not saying they will, just that according to him thy will pay for it and we have to wait and see.  If Mexico does pay you are wrong (eat your hat), if they don't pay then he was wrong and I will have to concede that you were right, but since I didn't insist that they would pay then I don't have to eat my hat.    

BWAAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAA!!!  Ok.... ok.....  There's so much spin on that, I could use it as a lathe!!!

Guess I should quote president trump then....  

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively,". "I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall."

Just a quick look at those sentences shows massive narcissism - how many times did he refer to himself?  

But hey, you want to believe that, go right ahead.

I don't think I'll be eating my hat - you may want to look up some recipes for crow though....

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #24 - 01/25/17 at 12:59:18

I disagree there was no spin, saying something will or will not happen is different then stating that someone says it will happen. Its analogous to an agnostic and someone with faith.  I hope that Mexico pays for it, but I have no way of knowing if he can get it done and my crystal ball is in the shop.  You, on the other, hand seem to be certain that they will not.  You only eat crow or your hat if you make proclamations and your proven wrong, there in lies the difference.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 01/25/17 at 14:28:41

Joer0952 wrote on 01/25/17 at 12:59:18:
I disagree there was no spin, saying something will or will not happen is different then stating that someone says it will happen. Its analogous to an agnostic and someone with faith.  I hope that Mexico pays for it, but I have no way of knowing if he can get it done and my crystal ball is in the shop.  You, on the other, hand seem to be certain that they will not.  You only eat crow or your hat if you make proclamations and your proven wrong, there in lies the difference.  

OK, you're right.... we don't know.....

But C'MON... look at the way this guy talks about it!!  Me, me, me, I, I, I....  If ANY other person running for president had spoke like that, they'd be laughed out of the building!  But trump was given a pass - "he's not a politician", etc.

I think about it this way.... if you were mexico, would you pay??  You can talk all you want about tariffs, but at the end of the day, that's gonna cost the US more.

Trump:  "I'm telling you there will be a payment. It will be in a form, perhaps a complicated form,"      

OK mr. president... whatever you say.  SMH

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #26 - 01/25/17 at 16:03:26

T And T Garage wrote on 01/25/17 at 14:28:41:
Joer0952 wrote on 01/25/17 at 12:59:18:

OK, you're right.... we don't know.....

But C'MON... look at the way this guy talks about it!!  Me, me, me, I, I, I....  If ANY other person running for president had spoke like that, they'd be laughed out of the building!  But trump was given a pass - "he's not a politician", etc.

I think about it this way.... if you were mexico, would you pay??  You can talk all you want about tariffs, but at the end of the day, that's gonna cost the US more.

Trump:  "I'm telling you there will be a payment. It will be in a form, perhaps a complicated form,"      

OK mr. president... whatever you say.  SMH

I don't care how he acts, I don't care if he dances buck naked on the white house lawn while singing show tunes, as long as he gets s**t done.  We had, for 8 years, a great orator, no one would ever deny that Barack was wonderful at that, but he was weak and ineffective and made America look like a joke.  Actions speak louder than words.  I heard Hillary's message (what little there was) and I have seen and heard what the so called progressives want, and their vision of America and I reject it.  At the same time I agreed with Trump vision, and I hope that vision is realized.   I assume that you had the opposite reaction, which is fine checks and balances are important

« Last Edit: 01/25/17 at 17:23:37 by Joer0952 »  
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 01/26/17 at 11:09:58

Joer0952 wrote on 01/25/17 at 16:03:26:
I don't care how he acts, I don't care if he dances buck naked on the white house lawn while singing show tunes, as long as he gets s**t done.  We had, for 8 years, a great orator, no one would ever deny that Barack was wonderful at that, but he was weak and ineffective and made America look like a joke.  Actions speak louder than words.  I heard Hillary's message (what little there was) and I have seen and heard what the so called progressives want, and their vision of America and I reject it.  At the same time I agreed with Trump vision, and I hope that vision is realized.   I assume that you had the opposite reaction, which is fine checks and balances are important

Um, joer.... hillary is NOT a progressive.  Not even close.

Oh, and let's not forget - 6 of those last 8 years, the republicans held control of congress.... they set record for filibusters and didn't even consider obama's SC nominee (who was republican) among various other things to make him look bad.   Sorry, your blame is just a bit misplaced.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #28 - 01/26/17 at 15:49:07

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #29 - 01/26/17 at 16:18:06

T And T Garage wrote on 01/26/17 at 11:09:58:
Joer0952 wrote on 01/25/17 at 16:03:26:

Um, joer.... hillary is NOT a progressive.  Not even close.

It is not as black and white as this.  Hillary is progressive in so much as she consistently pushes for policies that would significantly advance progressive causes

Oh, and let's not forget - 6 of those last 8 years, the republicans held control of congress.... they set record for filibusters and didn't even consider obama's SC nominee (who was republican) among various other things to make him look bad.   Sorry, your blame is just a bit misplaced.

I was speaking in terms of his ideology and world view and Americas place in it

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:06:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Holy $hit Trump Sticky Thread

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.