Send Topic Print
Castro (Read 36 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Castro
11/27/16 at 07:00:57

Obama's statement on Cuba is an example of one of the many straws that has been breaking  the Democrats back the past 8 years. It's a reason why the House, Senate and majority of governors are Republicans. Democrats are correctly perceived as caring as much, in some cases more, about others as their own citizens. The only proper response to Castro's death is it came far to late....  If by "Altered the course of individual lives..." you mean shot them blindfolded, then yes, he altered their lives.

At this time of Fidel Castro’s passing, we extend a hand of friendship to the Cuban people. We know that this moment fills Cubans - in Cuba and in the United States - with powerful emotions, recalling the countless ways in which Fidel Castro altered the course of individual lives, families, and of the Cuban nation. History will record and judge the enormous impact of this singular figure on the people and world around him.

For nearly six decades, the relationship between the United States and Cuba was marked by discord and profound political disagreements. During my presidency, we have worked hard to put the past behind us, pursuing a future in which the relationship between our two countries is defined not by our differences but by the many things that we share as neighbors and friends - bonds of family, culture, commerce, and common humanity. This engagement includes the contributions of Cuban Americans, who have done so much for our country and who care deeply about their loved ones in Cuba.

Today, we offer condolences to Fidel Castro's family, and our thoughts and prayers are with the Cuban people. In the days ahead, they will recall the past and also look to the future. As they do, the Cuban people must know that they have a friend and partner in the United States of America.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Castro
Reply #1 - 11/27/16 at 07:21:47

Mark, I read what people say, that their lives were greatly affected by this man.
Its ugly stuff.

When you think how the Obama and followers whined about some puzzy grabbing, off the record, from years ago, as if it had the capacity to rob female babies from their cradle, and rape them (well almost).
But choose to give Castro a break....
It seems a little disingenuous to any charge these folks level against anybody!

Anyway, as to the issue of Cuba itself, the people, the possibilities, etc...
I think Obama was right in his move to normalize relationships with them.
The world is getting smaller.
It is increasingly harder for dictators to hold power in the age of information.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Mr.T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tega Cay, SC
Reply #2 - 11/27/16 at 09:34:58

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. That said, every country in the world normalize relationships with Cuba decades ago, the US was the only holdout. Yes, there are still many hard feeling among the Cuban-Americans against the guy, I lived in south Florida most of my life and heard the horror stories firsthand from many that were there. Hopefully now, they can move on.

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 11/27/16 at 09:56:27

Mr.T wrote on 11/27/16 at 09:34:58:
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. That said, every country in the world normalize relationships with Cuba decades ago, the US was the only holdout. Yes, there are still many hard feeling among the Cuban-Americans against the guy, I lived in south Florida most of my life and heard the horror stories firsthand from many that were there. Hopefully now, they can move on.

lets hope.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 11/27/16 at 12:36:29

I'm taking a sabbatical from the TT; however, I have to add a brief comment.  

I am almost surprised Barry didn't have all the flags at half mast.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 11/27/16 at 14:38:14

I used to use Castro, but I switched to Rotella...  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/27/16 at 16:42:31

As old as that POS was, hope you used high mileage....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 11/27/16 at 17:55:31

“… recalling the countless ways in which Fidel Castro altered the course of individual lives, families, and of the Cuban nation. …”

That is  the,  ULTIMATE,   ’Spin”   !!!!!!!
     Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 08:25:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Castro

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.