Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy Thanksgiving (Read 22 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Happy Thanksgiving
11/24/16 at 19:03:20

I know it's late, I hope everyone had a good day, if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving as a national holiday for whatever reason, I hope you had a good day anyway you see that, family, friends, work, etc....

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Happy Thanksgiving
Reply #1 - 11/24/16 at 22:10:33

brrrb!
it was great

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 11/25/16 at 08:44:36

U too....

It was wet, really wet here.
The ground is so saturated it has leaked into my daylight basement where my water service enters the house through the foundation, a small steady stream, that puddles on the concrete floor, arg.
I'll dig down come next summer and re-caulk that breach.

Have to work on my big truck, a 2005 Ford F-150 Super Crew.
It has a parasitic battery drain, darn it.
I am not real savvy with this stuff.
I already put a little switch on the battery negative where I just turn it off.
Have to pop the hood, and everything resets each time, but its better than having it drain out.

Anybody got any tips on these gremlins?    

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
hotprops

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

fort myers fl
Reply #3 - 11/25/16 at 10:05:53

i would look at any aftermarket installs and disconnect all . than add them back on line one at a time with a test-light between plus terminal  and the removed battery wire .when the  test lite glows you have found the problem

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 11/25/16 at 10:18:03

hotprops wrote on 11/25/16 at 10:05:53:
i would look at any aftermarket installs and disconnect all . than add them back on line one at a time with a test-light between plus terminal  and the removed battery wire

No after market stuff.
Thus far I have found my alternator working as should.
Battery good.
Pulled the obvious fuses that might drain it while off, nothing.

Now I have noticed my right side passenger floor carpet/mat, seems to be always wet.
I use this truck for pulling my boat, and a few runs to the store, etc, but that s about it.
I thought it was from just getting into the cab wet, but jeez, not still wet after months....
Of interest too, this is where my main fuse panel is.
I started digging deeper, removing trim. I found a big wire bundle sitting in water in a channel that runs in the bottom floor jam, on the right hand front door....
I have read about leaks, this appears to be the culprit. If left unattended, I guess it has the capacity to fry the main fuse panel, etc.

I drilled a few holes through this channel and water gushed out, lots of water....
I will dry it out now and then continue to search out the leak.
This truck sits outside in the rain a lot here in the pacific northwest.

She runs great, I will just keep that switch on her until I get it all figgered out, HECK, I might just keep the switch on her anyway....
I wear a wrist watch for time, so I don't care what the clock says in the cab, nor do I listen to preset radio stations.....
Why do I need to run any power to her  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 10:00:22

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Happy Thanksgiving

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.