stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: LED Headlight Bulb
Reply #165 - 06/12/17 at 06:50:57

I know this may sound funny, but is it possible that the reflective material that the bucket is covered with (aluminum or other material) is getting so hot it is breaking off (at the minute molecular level) and getting dispersed all around the bucket and the lens?  

I know that halogen bulbs get hot too, but there are different kinds of "hot" and maybe what comes from these bulbs is just the wrong kind of hot.

Or, is the material coming off of the heat sync and not the LED bulb area?

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #166 - 06/12/17 at 08:46:51

The schmutz on the inside of the windshield of a new car is literally stuff that is boiling out of the plastics in the dash and stuff.
But I would want to get a bulb that is sliming the glass and test it in a zero plastics environment to see if you are onto something.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BGregg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #167 - 09/03/17 at 15:02:10

I just installed the ADVMonster H4 R3 LED bulb in my stock Savage reflector, it was a tight squeeze so I'm hoping the flexible heat sinks don't melt any wires. Also need to check that the power box doesn't rattle around in there.

Will check back in when I've had a chance to out some miles on it.

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #168 - 09/05/17 at 07:44:33

Let us know how that works BGregg.
ADVMonster had me send my native H4 back for "repair or replacement".  The new bulb is still fogging my headlight.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
BGregg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #169 - 09/05/17 at 08:08:55

So far so good. Had a good rain last night and I didn't notice anything amiss. I'll check for fogging after work today.

Looked good at night, noone flashed at me so I think the aim is still appropriate.

IP Logged
BGregg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #170 - 09/05/17 at 08:19:42

New low beam.

Screenshot_20170905-111137.png
  IP Logged
BGregg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #171 - 09/05/17 at 08:27:38

New high beam

Screenshot_20170905-111142.png
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #172 - 09/05/17 at 10:05:30

Tocsik wrote on 09/05/17 at 07:44:33:
Let us know how that works BGregg.
ADVMonster had me send my native H4 back for "repair or replacement".  The new bulb is still fogging my headlight.

I have a feeling the Native LED will always fog up you headlight.  I bought a pair of the same bulb sold with the "LASFIT" brand, and I cleaned it thoroughly with alcohol before installing it....and it fogged up the inside of the headlight within 20 minutes.  I believe that style LED is flawed, and not worth buying.

I believe the ADVMonster H4 R3 LED bulb is a good bulb if you have room for the heat sink braids - I did notice the vertical cut off on the low beam is a little bit fuzzy....which means some light is spilling upward and will likely be more bothersome to other drivers than the a stock filament bulb is.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #173 - 09/05/17 at 13:33:14

I purchased these for my Street Tracker:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHNDW8S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie...

I have not experienced any fogging issues. I have dual 3" headlight enclosures and these just fit (the tip of the LED light does sit on the glass lens). I have maybe 5 to 10 hours of riding time on the bike. If they were going to fog, they would have by now.

They do have internal fans...I can hear them run when the ignition is on and the bike isn't running.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 14:40:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › LED Headlight Bulb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!