GET TO DA CHOPPA (Read 377 times)
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Re: GET TO DA CHOPPA
Reply #30 - 12/07/16 at 12:52:19

The guys here where asking how you were doing. How did you get home from California ????

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Rayven

Colorado
Reply #31 - 12/07/16 at 13:31:48

This trip was from Denver, CO to Joshua Tree,CA. As some of you know, I broke down and met up with old.indian in New Mexico, got her running again and then died again in Kingman, AZ. After some fideling with the carb we got her running again. Here are a handful of photos from the trip!

Naomi helping me work on my carb outside our motel in Kingman.

The test ride after getting the carb cleaned and put back together. SUCCESS!

Riding out with the Colorado ladies from Kingman, AZ towards Joshua Tree, CA (I'm the one in the front on the left of the photo)

Once we got to Joshua Tree we set up camp and partied. The next day we rode to The Salton Sea and Salvation Mountain (it was 102 degrees that day).

Stopped at a bar on the way back to camp that had a hair salon museum next to it. (I'm in the black helmet)

The next day we explored Joshua Tree National Park. (Had to rock the Colorado flag the entire trip of course)

Hiding from the sun.

Pushing Naomi out of the sand after a burn out  Grin

The rest is just partying in the desert...

Oh we stayed at the Wigwam on the way back to Colorado.

Lastly,
Here is a before and after photo of me on my little Savage!

All I have left to do...is a lot...

IP Logged
Rayven

Colorado
Reply #32 - 12/07/16 at 13:36:00

old.indian wrote on 12/07/16 at 12:52:19:
The guys here where asking how you were doing. How did you get home from California ????

Ha! Well, the girls with the trailer were heading to LA before going back to Colorado. So I let them take the ol' Savage with them so I wouldn't risk holding up the group on the way back to home and getting stranded. So I rode on the back of one of the girls Road Glide's to about Santa Fe, when I got a call from the girls with the trailer saying they had decided to skip LA. So I hopped off the Road Glide in Santa Fe and met up with the girls with the trailer and hitched a ride back home with them.

Upon unloading the bike at home I also found a giant gash in my front tire. It would appear I ran over something sharp, hot and metal at some point. SO probably a good idea I didn't risk riding home or I could have blown a tire!

Thanks again for all of your help!

All I have left to do...is a lot...

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #33 - 12/07/16 at 15:09:50

Rayven wrote on 12/07/16 at 13:36:00:
old.indian wrote on 12/07/16 at 12:52:19:

Ha! Well, the girls with the trailer were heading to LA before going back to Colorado. So I let them take the ol' Savage with them so I wouldn't risk holding up the group on the way back to home and getting stranded. So I rode on the back of one of the girls Road Glide's to about Santa Fe, when I got a call from the girls with the trailer saying they had decided to skip LA. So I hopped off the Road Glide in Santa Fe and met up with the girls with the trailer and hitched a ride back home with them.

Upon unloading the bike at home I also found a giant gash in my front tire. It would appear I ran over something sharp, hot and metal at some point. SO probably a good idea I didn't risk riding home or I could have blown a tire!

Thanks again for all of your help!

Things turn out for the best. Losing a front tire is not an experience you want to have.   It sounds like you enjoyed yourself despite the mechanical glitches. Sometimes the best memories are the ones that have a couple of "AW Rats!" involved.  "
Naomi sounds like a good wrench to have along with you on a ride.. I like the head lamp shot. Cool

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #34 - 12/08/16 at 09:21:48

Looks like a fun trip, I am glad you showed us some photos.  I have recently become curious about the Salton Sea area......a place that just didn't turn out the way it was planned.

With a bit of time spent on the bike and learning it's quirks  - you should be able to make it a reliable running bike.  The bike is pretty simple, and generally reliable if you keep the fuel system clean and oil in the engine, and understand the cam chain tensioner, head plug and other oil leak issues.

Suzuki Savage - Turning riders into mechanics since 1986! Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 09:49:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › GET TO DA CHOPPA

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.