Send Topic Print
Exhaust Pipe (Read 101 times)
Violent_Rage

Burp!

Trento - Italy
Exhaust Pipe
08/26/16 at 00:09:04

This sounds strange to me!
I have two exhaust pipe, they are the same except for the connector.
The oldest is slightly shorter than the newest and the connector is completely different.
I'm looking for different item # on ronayers.com but there is only one in list: 14150-24B01.
Ideas?

IMG_4393_800.JPG
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Exhaust Pipe
Reply #1 - 08/26/16 at 10:51:11

The pipe on the left is bone stock,the one on the right looks like it has been cut shorter and ground down to except an after market muffler.Be aware that header length does have a bearing on tuning, the header length for our motor is between 30 and 34 inches as I recall and I believe Suzuki set the stock at 32 " but you'll need to check "cause my brain ain't what it use to be!.....checked ....I was incorrect the stock length of the header is 30" and should be no shorter than 27"

« Last Edit: 08/31/16 at 07:18:15 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 08/26/16 at 13:12:08

But you can also tune for different RPMs with a different header length. However, would it really matter with a single cylinder and no collector? There's no scavenging from other cylinders. I'm just "spitballing" here but wouldn't the entire exhaust length be considered the header since diameter never really changes?

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 08/26/16 at 13:45:22

KRIS,WHEN THE EXHAUST VALVE OPENS PRESSURE WAVE MOVE DOWN THE EXHAUST HEADER UNTIL THEY REACH THE MUFFLER THEN REVERSE TO GO UP THE HEADER AND HELP DRAG THE LAST OF THE EXHAUST GASES FROM THE CYLINDER BEFORE THE VALVE CLOSES SO THE HEADER LENGTH IS IMPORTANT ,THAT "S WHY STRAIGHT PIPES PERFORM SO BADLY,THE WAVE DOESN'T FORM UNTIL THE END OF THE TAILPIPE AND ARRIVES MUCH TO LATE AT THE TOP OF THE HEADER.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #4 - 08/26/16 at 18:52:42

Oh yeah! I forgot the pulse reverses when it sees a larger diameter pipe. The larger diameter muffler inlet slows down the exhaust pulse causing a restriction (for lack of a better word) and reflects the pulse back toward the exhaust valve.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:25:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Exhaust Pipe

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.