Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TM40 pumper carb from Pro Cycle (Read 140 times)
SinglesGoinSteady

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks like Bon
Scott!

From Seattle, now in Savannah.
TM40 pumper carb from Pro Cycle
08/19/16 at 15:53:59

It's on, and works like a champ. It's the full Mikuni TM40 kit for the DR650. The kit is bone stock, meaning I slapped it on and it went like dynamite.  It just barely fits under the Ryca tank and CS-1 kiit I have going.  Of note, I have 7/8" bars with a throttle and tube from a 1996 DR650.  Those mate directly to the cables in the Pro Cycle kit. I already had a rubber carb to head boot that fits also. I still have the stock RH side switch gear until I get a new mini switch installed. I also have an open tube intake with a Uni double filter on it and an open exhaust with a Supertrapp and about 10 discs going. It's 90 degrees here at sea level and fired right up. Have yet to check the plug, but, the performance is a real kick. Instant throttle and power, like riding a fly by wire FZ09 (minus 75% power haha). Awesome mod, cannot recommend it enough. Instant response at any range and speed.

2016-08-19_18_56_09.png
WWW   IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Re: TM40 pumper carb from Pro Cycle
Reply #1 - 08/19/16 at 17:15:24

More details on your carb and starter please!  Grin

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
SinglesGoinSteady

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks like Bon
Scott!

Reply #2 - 08/19/16 at 17:45:23

Starter cover is just an old Bud can trimmed to fit over the starter. Tab top Cool.  The Mikuni is a TM40 flat slid with a pumper nozzle to inject fuEl to the needle we the throttle is turned.  I got the $520 kit from Pro Cycle, it's a bolt on for the DR650.  Came with 2 extra pilots and mains either side, the cables and instructions. Not cheap, but,  all done for ya. I'll fine tune the jetting soon. I'll post what jets it has tomorrow. Worked amazingly well out of the box considering it's for a slightly higher compression motor with unknown  mods.

WWW   IP Logged
SinglesGoinSteady

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks like Bon
Scott!

Reply #3 - 08/24/16 at 06:11:08

Currently the setup is 150 main jet and 22.5 pilot.  I feel it's not as instantaneous a it should be off idle, so I'm going to look at the needle jet, needle height and accelerator pump.  It packs a big wallop off idle or any time you whack it, no mistake about that!

WWW   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 08/24/16 at 21:09:06

Any other engine mods besides the muffler ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
SinglesGoinSteady

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks like Bon
Scott!

Reply #5 - 08/26/16 at 21:17:57

Uni filter intake. It's got high flow for sure. Still working on the jetting.  I'll post a pic soon of intake.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:22:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › TM40 pumper carb from Pro Cycle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.