Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
thottle tube (Read 49 times)
Graven754

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

thottle tube
07/27/16 at 11:31:55

Hey guys so i'm looking to replace my throttle tube with one that fits my metal grip better. do you guys know what dimension throttle tube i need? Or has anyone here put on metal grips and knows what tube they got?

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: thottle tube
Reply #1 - 07/27/16 at 12:39:15

It is more important that we know what size grips you have , first off they need to be for 1 inch bars not 7/8. Are the grips to large or to small for the throttle tube? we can't see them,we need more info!........(want to know how to mount your grips? .......I'll tell you tomorrow)

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Graven754

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/27/16 at 12:52:50

the grips are for a 1 inch bar. I currently have the grips installed on the stock throttle tube but it's not exactly a very good fit. I used a dremel tube to grind down all the raised edges on the oem so that it could fit and now it's a loose fit.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 07/27/16 at 18:09:35

I'd use a beer can or vegy can (alum) to make a shim ,glue it around the tube using clear silicon,and a couple of 1 inch hose clamps to hold it in place until dry, then slide the grip on ,it should remain aligned.You may need to use the silicon for the grip also to keep it from twisting on the shim and ruff the surfaces with a light sanding to give it a little bite.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 06:52:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › thottle tube

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.