oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: ShotSpotter
Reply #15 - 04/25/16 at 19:07:03

"So this is just another version of red light cameras?"

Not exactly. We have red light cameras here in Rochester also. The "official" justification is the same - public safety - but, regardless of how one feels about the cameras - I don't like them - they at least generate some revenue for the city government in the form of fines. The ShotSpotters don't do that. They just cost the city money to maintain and monitor, without producing any worthwhile benefit IMO.

Of course, like the ShotSpotters, the red light cameras primarily benefit the companies that sell and install them. I believe the city only gets a portion of the income from the fines that they generate.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 04/25/16 at 19:10:36

You've been shown things that demonstrate the amount of effort They will go to in order to invade our privacy. Equating microphones with red light cameras, which, BTW,I've been ticketed by several times and Never Paid a dime on, is just a demonstration of an unwillingness to accept the truth.

Reminds of when you could have discovered so much,, just by spending some time, talking to a few people.

Why didn't you do it? Afraid to discover the truth?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 04/26/16 at 05:17:09

is just a demonstration of an unwillingness to accept the truth.

Reminds of when you could have discovered so much,, just by spending some time, talking to a few people.

Why didn't you do it? Afraid to discover the truth?

Oh stuff it Jog. I read your stuff and one 1 out of 20 has value, the rest is nonsense. You would know the truth if it smacked you in the head. If it did, you'd think it was frozen contrail residue falling from a spy plane from that secret group that runs the world.....

I tend to agree with OldnSlow on this, somewhat. It's primarily a success story by the company who devised the microphones and found a way to sell it to police departments. Whether it works or not is secondary in their monds.  They made money off the deal. Red light cameras are the worst. St. Louis is on again, off again because of lawsuits against them. Right now, we're off but the drop off in fines means another little  municipality  will try their hand using them. The last thing I saw was less than half paid them. I never got one and wouldn't pay it if I did.

Really, the sales job SpotShooter did was brilliant from a business point of view. it's not all that much different than the climate change scare. Create a demand and be ready with the supply. Make people thing there's a dire problem that affects them and sell a solution. Gun violence doesn't really affect those outside of a few zipcodes in each major city. Thats why I wanted to see the raw data.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 04/26/16 at 05:55:07

I guess people just don't remember what a sky looked like in the sixties and seventies. The contrails ALL dissipated as the planes raced across the sky. Now, some do , some don't.

Go look at weather satellite images. Note the streaks. Note, in particular, the streaks are over populated areas.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 05:25:32

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ShotSpotter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.