Smart Turn system (Read 246 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Smart Turn system
Reply #30 - 05/10/16 at 06:36:28

cutting ? if you meant copying no idea, but if you're clicking cut, you're not copying the link so can't paste what ain't copied  Grin

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #31 - 05/10/16 at 07:14:08

Ok gang...with the help of your tips I got my LED blinker reminder installed last night just as instructed and it works as expected. Ridiculously bright at night, but I will need to see how bright it is in the daytime. I rode to work today but it is quite overcast so I hope to maybe catch a short video at lunch if the sun is out and I'll post here for your review.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #32 - 05/10/16 at 11:08:35

Ok, here's the video link. It's not extremely bright in full sun, but for me it does the trick. May need to tinker with it a bit to optimize the angle of the light. You can see the LED lower-right on the handlebar area and the reflection on the windshield. Kinda got a heads-up display out of the deal  Wink

LS650 Turn Signal Warning Light

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #33 - 05/10/16 at 13:53:53

Stew,

My LED works kind of like a "Heads-Up" display. The light bounces off the backside of my fly screen.

Since I am night blind, I no longer ride after dark so being too bright has not yet been a problem. My LED is attached to the headlight with two sided tape so it will be easy enough to move the LED quickly if it is too bright. If I knew I was going to be riding at night time it would be simple enough to stick a piece of black electrical tape over the LED and just let a little light come out the sides of the LED.

I am sure the LED is saving my life because I now turn the turn signal off when my turn is completed.

Kenny G
« Last Edit: 05/10/16 at 21:41:31 by Kenny G »  

IMG_0374_002.JPG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 07:48:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Smart Turn system

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!