Send Topic Print
Respect......or? (Read 378 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Respect......or?
Reply #45 - 04/04/16 at 11:08:53

Why does it feel like society keeps moving backwards with stupid sheet like this?
Like these ignorant savages are stuck in the dark ages.

And yes. That is an attack, not just on their religion, but all religion.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 04/05/16 at 06:08:27

cl492 wrote on 04/04/16 at 10:43:41:
In the airline's defense, this is a customer service job. You're supposed to kiss your clientele's ass, not rock the boat, and take their money.

The phrase " the customer is always right"  is ridiculous..
The correct phrase is "the customer deserves to be heard, but that doesn't make them right"

Iran deserves to be listened to, but it needs to be told no. OfCourse,  The airlines probably won't. They'll make their women wear head covers  like golf clubs in a bag.

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #47 - 04/05/16 at 09:30:31

"like golf clubs in a bag."

Or like that middle-eastern woman, the 'virgin' Mary.

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 04/05/16 at 11:01:02

last time I checked, Mary didn't strap on TNT around herself or her baby,  walk in to a crowd and detonate.

if you want to bait me, you're going to have to work a little harder.  I get it, you hate Christianity with a burning and unreasonable passion.

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #49 - 04/05/16 at 11:21:44

WebsterMark wrote on 04/05/16 at 11:01:02:
last time I checked, Mary didn't strap on TNT around herself or her baby,  walk in to a crowd and detonate.

if you want to bait me, you're going to have to work a little harder.  I get it, you hate Christianity with a burning and unreasonable passion.

I don't think Air France stewardesses strap on TNT, either, last time I checked.

I don't hate Christianity.
I like to balance things up, for perspective.
I'm just pointing out (in a thread about women/head scarves/Middle East) that the Christians have their own (Iron-Age) woman with a headscarf that they see as holy.

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 04/05/16 at 11:51:59

Let's be a little honest with ourselves Hovis.....

The point of this thread is not about headscarves, but about forcing woman to submit to the demands of a Muslim dominated government in a backwards and violent nation.

My point was this would not stop at headscarves.

And of course you hate Christianity, stop offering up a lame defense.

You are not providing balance, there is no balance or moral equivalency between modern day Islamic terrorist and, what did you call it, Iron-Age....

Now, you're going to want to write up a bunch of obscure and inflated 'facts' about the Crusades, about wars in the past, about the heavy hand of Israel, about the Christian-nation The USA and all their evils, but save your fingers because no amount of bull$hit you heap down on this forum can change the fact that Islam is being taken over by fascist bent on destroying and remaking the civilized world in a manner not seen since WWII.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #51 - 04/05/16 at 12:27:02

Okay, Hov, muh man,, you've found something that is current or ancient? How is what Christians did 2,000 years ago relevant to Now, unless you are using it to demonstrate that Christians don't demand such and Christians don't murder their own daughters should they be raped?
Old Testament? You're wanting to drag that into a Right Now, it's Really happening, thing?
When was the last time you heard about a group of Christians throwing a queer off the roof?

Your great grampa kicked my great grampa in the nads, so, now you gonna die? How do people cheat and then run off, cheering and celebrating the Great Victory?
Yeah, you can Call it
Perspective, but it's not. It's a screwed up attempt at justifying bad behavior.

Like the never ending partisan blame game. A bub or dem gets caught doing something wrong and the Zero Character, Zero Honesty crowd try to make it Not wrong, because someone from the other party did something just as bad or worse, just minutes before.

Everyone needs to Quit believing that the Other guy being a criminal makes Their criminal Not a criminal.
If you're in a line of ten cars, everyone doing twenty miles per hour over the limit and the cop only gets you, what then?
Answer that,
Anyone who says
That's not Fair
Is a gutless pansy.
They didn't get in trouble!
Well, Boo Hoo,,  

Were YOU speeding?
Yep, sit down, shut up, and take the ticket.
You Earned it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #52 - 04/05/16 at 13:38:33

WebsterMark wrote on 04/05/16 at 11:51:59:
Let's be a little honest with ourselves Hovis.....

The point of this thread is not about headscarves, but about forcing woman to submit to the demands of a Muslim dominated government in a backwards and violent nation.

My point was this would not stop at headscarves.

And of course you hate Christianity, stop offering up a lame defense.

You are not providing balance, there is no balance or moral equivalency between modern day Islamic terrorist and, what did you call it, Iron-Age....

Now, you're going to want to write up a bunch of obscure and inflated 'facts' about the Crusades, about wars in the past, about the heavy hand of Israel, about the Christian-nation The USA and all their evils, but save your fingers because no amount of bull$hit you heap down on this forum can change the fact that Islam is being taken over by fascist bent on destroying and remaking the civilized world in a manner not seen since WWII.

Firstly, Mark:

1) You are wrong if you think I hate Christianity.
I respect the spirituality, and was truly 'moved' when I went out of my way to visit the place where the "crucifiction" (!) was said to have taken place.

2) I agree  "that Islam is being taken over by fascist(s) bent on destroying and remaking the civilized world in a manner not seen since WWII."
I might question the word 'civilized', though.

3) I don't need to refer to the crusades, as crusades are taking place today. I think that is the point.
"The West" goes into a foreign land, kills muslim natives, gets access to mineral resources.
Even better, the West creates a divide in the region and sells arms to both parties.
It lets them sort it out for themselves, ie kill each other.
If this doesn't work, they'll get a taste of "Freedom" with 'boots on the ground'.
That's the only crusade I'll mention because that is the way many muslims see it, and so 'react' to it.
Many muslims seem to believe that they are fighting-back rather than being the aggressors.
Look at it from a newly-landed Martian's perspective for a moment...Mork, reporting back to Orson.....seriously.

PS. Justin, I'll reply to you in a different post, shortly  Wink

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 04/05/16 at 14:07:25

"The West" goes into a foreign land, kills muslim natives, gets access to mineral resources.
Even better, the West creates a divide in the region and sells arms to both parties.
If this doesn't work, they'll get a taste of "Freedom" with 'boots on the ground'.
That's the only crusade I'll mention because that is the way many muslims see it, and so 'react' to it.
Many muslims seem to believe that they are fighting-back rather than being the aggressors.

....and here is the crux of the matter. You think Islamic terrorist are justified in their actions because your moral compass is totally screwed up. Anyone who says the West "goes into a foreign land, kills muslim natives, gets access to mineral resources" is demonstratively both wrong and incapable of perspective. Where are all these 'mineral resources' by the way? What land did 'we go into'? Kuwait? You mean the country that was being invaded and asked us? (and invaded in the correct definition of the word which is to say invade with the intention of taking over permanently)

Muslims who think they are "fighting back" are wrong. They are like the Palestinians who blame everything on Israel and the Jews. Which, I'm sure you agree with them on. The Palestinians remind me of the Black Lives Matters crowd who've selected police as the red herring of their choice.
If both groups want to blame the responsible party for their plight, they need only look in the mirror.

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #54 - 04/05/16 at 16:47:23

"You think Islamic terrorist are justified in their actions because your moral compass is totally screwed up."

Where did I say that I think they are justified?
In my opinion, no terrorism is justified.
All I did was point out the root causes and offer my opinion as perhaps the way muslims  may see things, or perhaps a 'neutral' such as an alien might see it.

Quote "....demonstratively both wrong and incapable of perspective"?

Demonstrate away, I'd welcome that, Mark.

As for Palestianians?
Please expand in a new thread.

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #55 - 04/05/16 at 17:19:59

WebsterMark wrote on 04/05/16 at 14:07:25:

....and here is the crux of the matter. You think Islamic terrorist are justified in their actions because your moral compass is totally screwed up. Anyone who says the West "goes into a foreign land, kills muslim natives, gets access to mineral resources" is demonstratively both wrong and incapable of perspective. Where are all these 'mineral resources' by the way? What land did 'we go into'? Wait?

You mean the country that was being invaded and asked us?

You mean, right after Saddam ASKED our people if they would be upset with him if he went into Kuwait?

(and invaded in the correct definition of the word which is to say invade with the intention of taking over permanently)

Muslims who think they are "fighting back" are wrong. They are like the Palestinians who blame everything on Israel and the Jews. Which, I'm sure you agree with them on. The Palestinians remind me of the Black Lives Matters crowd who've selected police as the red herring of their choice.
If both groups want to blame the responsible party for their plight, they need only look in the mirror.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #56 - 04/06/16 at 09:02:21

I really don't want to go back and re read the first post, but isn't it Air France (the employer) rather than the French Government requiring women to wear scarves into the country?
How does that translate into the French (et all) forcing women  to wear scarves?
And aren't men who enter Iran required to respect the customs, too? I bet they are
So women get a bye on that? Why? because girl thingy?

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #57 - 04/06/16 at 09:15:55

"The bill also penalises, with a fine of €30,000 and one year in prison, anyone who forces (by violence, threats, or abuse of power) another to wear face coverings; these penalties may be doubled if the victim is under the age of 18."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_ban_on_face_covering

Scarves are a different matter, they don't cover the face at all.

It is the 'compulsory' part of France Air's proposal that the union is protesting against.

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #58 - 04/06/16 at 09:16:06

When in Rome...
...if you are invited to dinner, you follow the customs of your host.  If they remove their shoes to enter the house, it's polite to do the same.
If they bow their heads for grace, so do you.
If you work in a law office,... you don't wear shorts and t-shirt.

There are rules of decorum for all situations.
When the stewardesses arrive in Iran, they are guests of Iran.
All guests should respect their hosts.

What's all the kerfuffle about?... Undecided

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #59 - 04/06/16 at 13:57:52

What's all the kerfuffle about?

It's about
Should... as in,
A Guest at my table may be rude, and the Penalty is
Maybe not invited back.

The point is Not
Should
It's
You Will
Or else.

And, the point remains.
Doesn't matter if YOU are a cop and carry 24/7,, you cross into Mexico, you're going to jail. They have Laws, not simple Preferences. The women Can quit or comply. It's just that simple.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:02:19

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Respect......or?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.