Luggage/Saddlebags (Read 106 times)
Chevce
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Utah, USA
Luggage/Saddlebags
02/24/16 at 11:59:32

Hey guys.  I'm new to the Suzuki Savage and to the forum.  But love them both so far!  I've seen several threads about saddlebags and luggage and what not, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for, so I figured I'd create a new thread.  

I'm looking at putting saddlebags or some sort of other luggage on my newly acquired Savage so that I can haul some stuff around.  I've noticed in a couple of posts that most saddlebags require you to move the turn signals.  I'd prefer a saddlebag that doesn't require me to relocate the turn signals because I just don't have a lot of spare time, and the time I do have I want to spend riding Smiley  Let me know if you have saddlebags that don't require the turn signals to be moved.  Or what other kind of luggage would you recommend for an easy install.  I do have the OEM Suzuki tail rack.

2006 Suzuki Boulevard S40, Harley Softail Muffler.
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: Luggage/Saddlebags
Reply #1 - 02/25/16 at 04:20:13

Check this thread. Dave said he put on some bags that didn't require relocation of signals.  I'm sure he'll be happy to tell you about them.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1456289402

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/25/16 at 04:30:04

For the really cheap, dont even care what people say,
Backpacks CAN be strapped to the bike.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
GBG

'06 S40. Stock plus
saddlebags.

Cincinnati, OH
Reply #3 - 02/25/16 at 08:54:01

I was looking at the small Willie and Max Raptor bags when I found a used pair of the mid-sized on Craigslist. They mounted just fine without moving my turn signals.
But for r4yl last year I wanted to be skinnier, so I strapped a pack to the backrest.

IP Logged
rong

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/25/16 at 11:46:02

I bought Cycle Gear's 'Bilt' saddlebags.  They are smaller and inexpensively made ... not a top end product.  You also have to put them together, which took some effort.  However, I just wanted some inexpensive saddlebags, and these were on sale at the time.  The clincher was that the store had some in stock, and I was actually able to put them on the bike to see if it met expectations.  

http://www.cyclegear.com/BILT-Saddlebags

Just my two cents worth.
Ron G

IP Logged
Backtobasics
YaBB Newbies

Singles, pure and
simple

Exeter, NH
Reply #5 - 02/25/16 at 12:01:12

For what it's worth,...I use a Saddleman 850 roll bag for my daily commute  I don't have a sissybar and tail rack and even then it stays on the passenger seat without any issues.  I've used rolls bags and tail packs on other bikes and I'm a fan.  They stay clean, easy to reach and no taillight relocation.  What you are giving up is size, think one roll bag vs two saddlebags, but there are some larger ones available if you need more storage, and some can be stacked.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/13854/i/saddlemen-r850-roll-bag?WT.mc_ID...

2007 S40, Raptor Petcock, Versy Adjuster, Avon grips, Seat lift, and Saddleman roll bag
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #6 - 02/25/16 at 20:58:20

I had River Road bags that JUST fit without relocation, don't remeber the part #, but i still have them in storage
I later put some Cortech 'sport' bags on it, with a tail pack, and that setup worked very well

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:29:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Luggage/Saddlebags

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.