Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shinko 712 Front Tire? (Read 63 times)
projectfj

Alabama
Shinko 712 Front Tire?
02/26/16 at 07:23:42

I have read a lot of reviews for the Shinko 712 rear tire, but hardly hear of anybody talk about the front tire of the same make. I currently have a Dunlop 404 on the front, but it is OLD and is starting to dry rot. Any input on the Shinko 712 front tire and/or other [lower priced] front tire suggestions?

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Shinko 712 Front Tire?
Reply #1 - 02/26/16 at 07:57:45

ANY new tire will be better than on old hard tire
The Shinko 712 seems to suffer from bad tread design according to some posts I've read, following grooves in pavement, etc
the 230 is the more recommended Shinko front
as to others I dunno
a lot of people seem to like the D 404, but I always found them a bit 'greasy'

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 02/26/16 at 08:39:34

Here is the New Tire Thread.......you can also read the reviews posted at Bike Bandit and Motorcycle Superstore.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1448021014

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
projectfj

Alabama
Reply #3 - 02/26/16 at 09:19:12

Thanks for the feedback. I figured I would ask the ones that know before I read all those reviews that who knows who wrote. I'll visit my local dealership later today as bad as I hate to and see what they have after I read up a little. I can't buy my front tire online and have it mounted like I did the rear since I moved and don't have a local place that mounts tires bought from anywhere other than their store.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 02/26/16 at 12:17:43

I agree....sometimes the online reviews are not all that applicable.  When I was looking for a rear tire for my Cafe' bike...a large number of the reviews were from Goldwing Trike owners who were using the rear tire on the front of their trikes!  There also isn't much use in reading the reviews from folks who have only ridden a few hours on the tire and not really learned the good/bad about the tire.

However......when you read a number of the reviews....you can get a general idea if the tire is good or not.

I opted to spend a few more dollars and the the Shinko 230, and with the 100 miles of dry weather riding I have on it - it works just fine so far.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 02/26/16 at 13:12:20

projectifj

I've got about 3,000 miles on a 712 front and it's been fine, so if you can't get the 230 where you are shopping I wouldn't rule the 712 out if it's available.

The front tire on these bikes isn't all that hard to change( the rear can be a Bit*h if you haven't got some experience with motorcycle tires) so that might be an option if you decide on a particular tire you can't get except online.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 17:00:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Shinko 712 Front Tire?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.