Send Topic Print
How we got here...... (Read 168 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: How we got here......
Reply #15 - 02/20/16 at 19:37:03

Hiding from the obvious isn't how I think it's supposed to be done. Believing that political murders don't happen?
Look at what is happening. No room for doubt?
Did Oswald kill JFK?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 02/21/16 at 06:32:39

I think the JFK assassination was the kick-off to the conspiracy culture.

Most people today, base their assumptions on Oliver Stone's movie, rather than the facts.
It's the classic whodunnit' where everybody dunnit'... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 02/21/16 at 07:11:43

JOG, what I am saying is history is done. Forever in the past.
I will not dwell in the past, for it removes me from the present.

Evil exist, always has, always will.

The best we can do is try and elect the best people to oversee our system of govern, and hold them to it.
We haven't done a good job of that, as people allow themselves to believe what they want to believe, just as Bot refers to about Oliver Stone's movie.
Folks use this same mindset, and reasoning, when it comes to believing a candidate, and parties talking points, about the opposition.

Its always the lessor of two evil anymore, if people are honest, NOT, the best candidate, as they believe in party, etc.

Ever notice in life how fast a rumor travels?

We are sad pathetic creatures......  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 02/21/16 at 08:32:24

Im tempted to vote Sanders.
Get it over with. Start over.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #19 - 02/21/16 at 08:58:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/21/16 at 08:32:24:

BINGO.....

I am not viewing Sanders with the same perception that I imagine Bot is, but again, he has the banks in his scope, and if we tackle one problem at a time, well, maybe, just maybe.....
When folks get a sniff and realization of the stacked deck, more polidicks with turn on the banks too, as they are skinless little turdballs that care only for themselves, HOWEVER, it will be revealing.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #20 - 02/21/16 at 09:10:48

raydawg wrote on 02/21/16 at 08:58:56:
skinless little turdballs

Grin Grin Grin...

I see them on a plate of spaghetti... Undecided
That's a tough descriptive to visualize...  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #21 - 02/21/16 at 09:51:09

Serowbot wrote on 02/21/16 at 09:10:48:
raydawg wrote on 02/21/16 at 08:58:56:
skinless little turdballs

Grin Grin Grin...

I see them on a plate of spaghetti... Undecided
That's a tough descriptive to visualize...  Huh

Pesto or marinara ?  Grin

Look gang, I work for the LARGEST aircraft builder in the USA.
It has seen the wisdom of a global economy.
Not because of their design, no, but of the fact it is an eventuality, and they moved out in front.
With that said, it now has to compete in that arena, which, means it has to be flexible and liquid, to changing conditions.
This is not setting well with the union mentality that wants everything guaranteed, for the rest of their lives.
They are not mutually compatible if this company is to remain viable and competitive.
It has announced, and already started lay-offs, because it must restructure, from top to bottom.
It is telling how folks at work would rather assign blame, suspicion, etc, on others in leadership, as the cause, yet fail to scrutinize their own behavior in costing the company more to operate.....
The perfect bite your nose off to spite your face.
This entitlement mentality is ripe all across our society, and it only subtracts and hobbles any real effort on improving our lot in a sustainable manner.

Folks, its a new reality, its a changing world, conditions are global in context, and scope, and until we grasp that our social, and political affairs, will be linked, and connected, then we will be isolated in thinking and actions, and fall further into a mindset that will prove primitive in nature.

We must cultivate citizens to be able to withstand, and succeed the challenges this new world will surely bring.
For us to produce a strong population will be one that is not easily manipulated by low self esteem, fear, etc, that leads to all sorts of defensive behavior, even war  Shocked  

« Last Edit: 02/21/16 at 12:11:37 by raydawg »  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 02/21/16 at 10:57:39

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/20/16 at 19:37:03:
Did Oswald kill JFK?

Yes

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #23 - 02/21/16 at 13:01:01

...No  

Cheesy

Grin Grin

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #24 - 02/21/16 at 13:10:12

Mick said it was you and I  Cheesy

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #25 - 02/21/16 at 13:23:51

Grin Grin Grin

Who's Mick?

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #26 - 02/21/16 at 13:33:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/21/16 at 08:32:24:

Ehh...

Fifty percent top-bracket income taxes ain't too bad, especially compared to the 90+% we had many years ago. Who cares if the big shot has to pay Uncle Sam a few more dollars. Those rich Republicans act like the sky is falling if they have to serve Uncle Sam so much as a single percent more, but then they'll pull their hair out and scream about America drowning in debt.  Roll Eyes

Grin Roll Eyes Grin Angry Roll Eyes Tongue

That's the problem with Repubs.

Madness, utter madness... Angry

Want to cut taxes... fine. But cut spending FIRST. Anything less will just perpetuate the madness. Repubs love to cut taxes, but the tough job is the spending. I think some blame our financial problems on the Bush tax cuts. Who knows. Undecided

Anyone who wants to cut taxes before spending ought to be run out of town with torches and pitchforks... Sorry Tea Party. Grin ... and Rand Paul...  Grin

It's just irresponsible.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they don't want to cut taxes first. I don't know anything. Tongue

So JOG, buddy, educate me. Wink

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 02/21/16 at 17:57:14

Fifty percent top-bracket income taxes ain't too bad, especially compared to the 90+% we had many years ago. Who cares if the big shot has to pay Uncle Sam a few more dollars.  

Taking 1/2 of someone's income to pay for a crapload of unconstitutional programs the federal government was never authorized to fund is bull$hit. You wanna hand over 50% of your money, go ahead but keep your thieving hands off mine. It always just pissing me off when people think the government has first rights to our money. Grow some ball$.....

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #28 - 02/21/16 at 20:36:10

Are you a top bracket millionaire/billionaire Mark? Is that why you're so mad? I'm not going to pay half of my paycheck. Why should the little man do that? That's why we have higher taxes for richer people--they can afford to pay it and have a decent life. SOMEONE HAS TO PAY THE BILLS. If you don't want to pay it, then get rid of the crappy programs FIRST-- unless, of course, you favor the idea of driving our nation broke. Angry Tongue Wanna put a chokehold on America, huh? Yeah, You thinkin' "I ain't givin' you my money, that'll make you cut spending!"-- Is that your strategy Mark?

When a rich man screams about not getting to keep his big fat profits, he doesn't make a very defensible argument. He gets condemned as greedy. Uh Oh, Webby, I think I just hit a really big ugly tender nerve. Tongue Stop being so selfish. Or, are you just arguing from principle? Maybe you'll never in your life pay 50% income taxes, but you just want to fuss about it because you "don't believe in it." Maybe you just buy into the whole Republican dogma of "rich capitalists make our nation rich and give everyone jobs, so we have to let them keep all of their money or America will suffer."

Like I said, the Repubs act like the sky is falling over something like this. The point is that the sky is not falling. Taxes used to be WAY WORSE, POSSIBLY EVEN INSANELY HIGH, compared to what Bernie is proposing.

I'm gonna admit, largely, rich people should keep their money. Maybe that makes the world go round. HOWEVER, when the nation has bills to pay and crappy programs to make the bills, someone has to deal with it and PAY THE BILLS. Who's gonna do it? The poor waitress, or the corporate tycoon? Wanna flat tax? No taxes? What do you want Webby?

That's the problem with Republicans, SOS, insane, unrealistic, garbage attitude. Not practical. Trump is different. He's proven that he is smart and can do amazing things. He gets things done. And, Duh, he's rich. It will be interesting, if he wins the election, how he will behave on this whole tax and spend issue.

Can Republicans stop being delusional already! That seems to be the right word for the attitude: DELUSIONAL

And yes, I generally vote Republican, ironically.  Roll Eyes

Get real Webby-- the nation is going broke. You want us to default, or are you going to help pay the bills? Since you are easily a multi-trillionaire, you can pay the whole bill by yourself in one fell swoop. We know you have it in you. Your patriotism is so awesome. Like Whatshisnameactor, I think I'll tear my clothes and cover myself in ashes in an act of pure worship.  Grin

« Last Edit: 02/21/16 at 21:39:40 by cheapnewb24 »  

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #29 - 02/21/16 at 21:19:55

WebsterMark wrote on 02/21/16 at 17:57:14:
Fifty percent top-bracket income taxes ain't too bad, especially compared to the 90+% we had many years ago. Who cares if the big shot has to pay Uncle Sam a few more dollars.  

Taking 1/2 of someone's income to pay for a crapload of unconstitutional programs the federal government was never authorized to fund is bull$hit. You wanna hand over 50% of your money, go ahead but keep your thieving hands off mine. It always just pissing me off when people think the government has first rights to our money. Grow some ball$.....

Fix it! Get the feds to stop spending money. Till then, grow a pair yourself and pay the bills!

Or, maybe we should just buck up, give up, rebel, and let America default. Sounds tempting.... Undecided

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 22:35:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › How we got here......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.