Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
question about that oil leak under the exhaust (Read 450 times)
Flint

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks Alberta!

Re: question about that oil leak under the exhaust
Reply #15 - 09/29/17 at 07:23:38

You can anneal copper washers and use them again, just heat a dull red and dunk them in cold water just like annealing brass for reloading.

IP Logged
CHMcGregor
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/12/21 at 03:25:10

Hey folks; nube here, in this forum and to mechanics generally.

I have an S40 with only 3000 kilometers on the clock and just found this nut in the same condition. I get the idea from reading here, that the oil is probably not from something associated with this nut, but rather leaking through there with the source being somewhere else. I also have a mist of black oil on the front of the battery box. Could this result from the fact that I didn't empty the little hose that hangs out the bottom of the bike when I did my oil changes?

It will probably die before 5000 on the clock
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #17 - 01/12/21 at 12:14:15

*F*C C'est la meme chose nez pas? But for the numbers. Smiley

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 01/12/21 at 16:28:07

Could this result from the fact that I didn't empty the little hose that hangs out the bottom of the bike when I did my oil changes?

I doubt it,
But
Dump it, wipe up, see what happens

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 01/16/21 at 17:01:11

Tocsik wrote on 02/14/16 at 07:37:30:
This is the leak from the nut inside the cavity just under the exhaust header.
I've read several posts where folks have just removed the nut, cleaned things up and reinstalled with some RTV to fix it.  

Is that nut on a stud so there's no need to hold the other end of a bolt up top?  I put a wrench on it and feels tight so wanted to ask before putting any more torque on it.
Is this related to the head plug leak?  My searching/reading on the forum tells me "no", which would be great.
I did come across one post where it was stated that it could be the front left bolt that holds the chrome cover on the motor and I have had that sucker off in the past to access the spark plug so I'll prob'ly check that one.

I didn't have this until I did the Versy CCT which seems strange since I didn't touch the top of the motor and haven't put but a hundred miles or so on the bike since then.  BTW, I currently have just over 10K miles on it if that helps.
I first noticed a little smoking from the cylinder when warming up the bike to ride home from work and then found the oil.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k548/Tocsik87/S40/oil%20leak%20front%20of...  http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k548/Tocsik87/S40/oil%20leak%20front%20of...  http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k548/Tocsik87/S40/oil%20leak%20front%20of...

It looks like on my bike, the seller alerted me on that, so I got the bike real cheap!
In any whay, I thought that I could fix it,, I do read a lot on this site, and got sugestions.
First sugestion is to thígthen the forward under the head nut, I promised to buy me a new torgue wrench and tighten the nut. Long time.. I didnt say wish year.. preferly at spring this year.. I hope! Undecided To try this out.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 23:32:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › question about that oil leak under the exhaust

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.