Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
More control perhaps..... (Read 113 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
More control perhaps.....
01/06/16 at 04:24:42

Obama in his quest to curb gun violence sited yesterday that a major chunk of gun deaths are suicide, and this was part of his reasoning to impose further restrictions upon gun ownership .
OK, give him that but then go on to address further possible reason to why folk choose guns to act out.
We must then shine the light on Hollywood and their use of gun violence being partly to blame for this culture.
If a confederate flag has the capacity to envoke hate, a visual object, then so must movies.
We can even consider music and video games too.

If we are to change people's minds, then we must be careful about what we feed them, sort of like the war against cigarettes.

Does this not seem like a good idea....
When you cut out the cancer you remove a little of good flesh to assure it has not been tainted by the cancer.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: More control perhaps.....
Reply #1 - 01/06/16 at 07:44:45

If a confederate flag has the capacity to envoke hate, a visual object, then so must movies.
We can even consider music and video games too.

Looks logical. I know that as a youngster I was moved to patriotism and the notion of altruism/heroism, watching WWII movies. Brainwashed, effectively. Think the thug culture music hasn't affected the thinking of the youth who have been raised on it? Where do people GET their values? Young, impressionable minds, watching the older kids, watching their parent or parents. Watching T.V., and listening to a constant barrage of disrespect for others and glorifying TAKING what you want.
Yeah, we got Big problems.
Pay attention to the customer service you get in different places.
Academy sporting goods is usually an exercise in futility.
Hometown hardware, if you can slip in quietly and try to avoid being seen and manage to make two minutes without someone asking if they can help you, you are stealthy.

I digress.

We are a , supposedly, free society. OUR SERVANTS have taken it on themselves to Do for us what a few believe would benefit all. I agree, it would be great to not have shootings. But, the solution is not to take individual rights.

Eric Holder "We Must Brainwash People Against Guns" - YouTube
YouTube › watch
Video for I mean brainwash the people against guns
Duration: 3:30
Posted: Jul 29, 2013
Holder in 1995: We have to “brainwash” people against guns ...
Hot Air › 2012/03/19 › comment-page-1
Mar 19, 2012 - If you wanted to “really brainwash” people against guns, how ..... I mean break down her screen name.
1995 Video of Eric Holder: We Must 'Brainwash' People Against Guns
TheBlaze › stories › 2012/03/18 › holder...
Mar 18, 2012 - New video of Eric Holder from 1995 has surfaced, and it may put "Fast and Furious" in a much broader ...
In 1995 Video, Eric Holder Says We Need To 'Really Brainwash ...
Mediaite › online › in-1995-video-eric-h...
Mar 19, 2012 - Similar to campaigns against cigarettes, Holder said a public. ... Too many young people are “fascinated” by guns and violence, he said. ... What does " brainwashing" mean? It is NOT ...
Holder: Must Brainwash People Against Guns | Sweetness & Light
Sweetness & Light › archive › holder-mu...
Jun 26, 2012 - Holder: Must Brainwash People Against Guns ... [W]e want to have as part of the gun initiative bill, ... when I was growing up, people smoked all the time, I mean, both my parents did.

You think our Servants haven't tried in this and other places to impact the attitudes of the People? You think they haven't used OUR money to socially engineer America?
We ALL went to school. How much time was spent explaining
Fractional Reserve Banking? How much time was spent explaining how every dollar is created?
If you were the teacher And you wanted your pupil to be fully able to succeed in society, wouldn't it be great to teach them HOW the money works? Isn't the purpose of education to put someone in a position to succeed? Isn't Money important?
Maybe the school system is really more interested in creating graduates just smart enough to push the buttons and pull the levers. Maybe the large corporations don't want upstart entrepreneurs. Maybe the t a x code is designed to crush the small business. Maybe we are getting screwed.
Maybe Carlin was right.

Wiping away the Confederate flag is wrong. Wiping away the bad games and hate filled songs is wrong. Teaching people they have a reason to be butt hurt over a piece of cloth that represents a piece of American history, rather than explain to them that they ma y be unhappy about it, but they may have been misinformed about HOW things were. The war wasn't about slavery. It was states rights. The Emancipation Proclamation would have been the FIRST thing written if it was just about slavery.

Just as I believe Lee Greenwood and Bruce Springsteen were somehow influenced to write their horrid patriotic songs, I also believe that the music industry that pushed the awful music that was adopted into the thug culture.
Or, maybe im supposed to believe that inner city youth called the radio stations and said,
Yo,  muthafukkah, we need mo music about rapin and killin.
And children petitioned game makers for more bloody games.

Rather than wipe the offensive THINGS out of society, maybe we need to raise up people who aren't so easily offended, don't believe that they have a right to a Safe Spot, in a public building, excluding whites. If white people did that the fighting would still be going o n.

We need to raise children who have goals other than the high score on a video game. And aspirations of making the FBI top ten most wanted list.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 01/06/16 at 08:07:44

Bravo........

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 01/06/16 at 08:28:17

Bravo my arse,... "States rights" to still own yer' niggra when you cross state lines...
It's about slavery...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 01/06/16 at 08:45:22

History is full of lies. I'm aware of changes in Texas history made in junior high books in recent years. History does not change. PC pressures change what is taught.

http://newobserveronline.com/hidden-facts-about-slavery-in-america/

I have no reason to believe everything there. Nor do I have reason to dismiss it as lies. I'm perfectly aware that my money has been spent trying to teach me how to think, feel and be. School is a fabulous way to get started.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 01/06/16 at 08:52:30

Linking a racist website doesn't exactly help defend your argument... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 01/06/16 at 09:39:44

In light of recent news, and your desire and commitment to protect the innocent, even if it puts some additional burdens on lawful folk, I would like to ask you mister president, using your own reasoning, if it would be prudent of you to author another executive order to further extend background checks into these refugees. If, as reported by your own administration, it is possible some unworthy individuals could possible slip through the current vetting and safe guards, that we might need to unconvince these refugees seeking asylum.
Please address that if you would.

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #7 - 01/06/16 at 10:23:38

"Do as I say, NOT as I do."    
Far as I'm concerned, "Global Warming" is caused by all the hot air and BS coming out of Washington D.C.                
This is just another political ploy to assuage the whining cringers who are intimidated by anyone who might challenge their politically correct assertions.    

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 01/06/16 at 10:47:34

old.indian wrote on 01/06/16 at 10:23:38:
"Do as I say, NOT as I do."    
Far as I'm concerned, "Global Warming" is caused by all the hot air and BS coming out of Washington D.C.                
This is just another political ploy to assuage the whining cringers who are intimidated by anyone who might challenge their politically correct assertions.    

I have heard this theory too, that the left knows it's a wag the dog, but trump is getting all the ink and setting the agenda which takes away any " if elected I will give you two chickens, some pot, and a tesla in every garage" by the libs 😋

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 01/06/16 at 10:54:50

I don't see Obama latest rhetoric as a major step in control, nor as a infringement of guns rights.
Background checks only support the laws on the books.
But I do think inclusion of mental health as a condition of gun ownership is subjective and should be counterbalanced with due process.
complaints are already on the books regarding any hint of ptsd and veterans.  There's no reason why this can't apply to leo's as well.
given that anyone can be against/pro guns, a single doctors opinion that a particular person should be denied access can lead to abuses to an individual's rights w/out reason.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 01/06/16 at 11:36:54

Lincoln's own words were
If I can preserve the Union and not change slavery, I would.
That's paraphrased.
Tell me, if your reason to go to war was slavery, wouldn't you have Started with the Emancipation Proclamation? That was well after the war started. We were All taught the same thing. But, if you will dig into it deeper, you'll see a different picture.
Slavery was gonna die out on its own, and pretty soon.
You might be shocked to learn that blacks owned slaves and blacks fought for the Confederate States.
Ohh, but they would not teach lies in school.
Divide and conquer isn't a strategy.
The true uniters of our lifetime have been killed, replaced by poverty pimps.
Racist, my butt. I'm open, fair and reasonable. I think everyone should be given the same opportunity to be a friend. I don't dislike anyone due to race.
If I dismiss everyone who doesn't look like me as unworthy or untrustworthy, am I not equally expected to Accept everyone who does?
The points made that clash with your concept of reality don't make it racist. It is just your way of hiding from them.
The media has lied to us. The goobs have lied to us. When better than when the minds are young and trusting?
Did they teach about the money? Nope.
Is money crucial to success?Yep.
Do they Really want us to be successful or do they really want a bunch of people who are just smart enough to do the work?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 01/06/16 at 11:45:30

Lincoln replied in an open letter to Greeley. In the letter, Lincoln emphasized his primary goal: “I would save the Union. … If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it. … What I do about Slavery and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save this Union.” In this masterful message, Lincoln reaffirmed his support for abolition without apologizing for the pace of change, while also subtly preparing pro-slavery Union loyalists for the announcement to come.

Yes, he wanted to end slavery, but that was not the reason for war.. The North ,with the wealthy industrialists and their proximity to Washington, were maneuvering legislation that was hurting the South. They wanted to be able to get the raw materials from the South cheap and make fortunes on it.
Rather than hold so strongly to what I, too, once believed, wouldn't you rather have a question in your heart and be uncertain, than be certain about what just could be less than the whole answer?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 01/06/16 at 12:39:01

Saying states rights played no role in the Civil War is like saying oil played no role in the Gulf War or the role oil plays in US foreign policy.

Of course states rights played a role as did/does oil.

However, you cannot slavery wasn't the impetus for the Civil War. It was the moral high ground the North stood upon. When the phrase "Blood for Oil" is tossed around, what's really being said is "Blood for our current way of Life".

When I hear the Civil War was a states rights issue, I hear the South wanted to maintain Slavery and all it entails. Slavery WAS the reason for the way.

Issues like this are complicated. Breaking down the pie into pieces and examining each one is valuable, but the pie isn't complete until all the pieces are viewed together. You can't view one piece and call it a pie.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 01/06/16 at 13:00:52

Then why wasn't the Emancipation proclamation the first step?

l: “I would save the Union. … If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; a

Yep, slavery is the cause.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 01/06/16 at 14:51:14

Like I said Jog; I think it's more complicated than a single quote.

If neither the North or South had slavery, would there had been a war? I realize that's a hard hypothetical to piece together, but would there have been?

I say no. Slavery was the defining difference between the two vastly different cultures.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 14:13:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › More control perhaps.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.