Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
The truth on gun control...... (Read 323 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
The truth on gun control......
01/01/16 at 21:03:09

Lets try sumtin other than hookers  Grin

Obama is set to announce some sort of action on gun control, next week.
Thus far I have read a wide range of opines on the matter, and even Obama is pitching, spinning, and blaming, others, for their lack of legislation.....
Not sure how that invites others to listen, when you start out chastising....
But hey, if it floats your boat  Kiss

Can we try to have some dialogue on the subject, without going after the jugular?
I am very ignorant about the matter, as I don't owe or use guns myself.
I don't see how this will really reduce the crime, as Chicago sure hasn't benefited by stricter gun laws.

I read where Obama wants to go after the on-line sales, and small time gun show dealers who are what, exempt, from the requirements of full time shops, etc?

Can someone tell me the way(s) to currently purchase a gun now?
What are the channels used for checking the buyer, etc.

Love to see some exchange of the pro gun (as it stands now ) with those who favor tighter restrictions, etc, and how/why this will help in combating crime, and why is more restriction a threat to the constitution in real terms, as opposed to predictions.....

Hope to see some good exchange  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: The truth on gun control......
Reply #1 - 01/01/16 at 22:16:18

Honestly,..  I think guns are too symbolic and idealized in American culture, to be realistically discussed...

It's a tug-of-war, on a slippery slope, with a slippery rope...
...with bumper stickers... Grin...

...as sacred as cell phones... or texting...  Roll Eyes...

... or asking women to give up lipstick and heels... (not that we'd ever ask)... Kiss

My precious!...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 01/02/16 at 06:18:09

Ingrained, like seat belts and helmets. Only deeper. Look at the history of the world. Take note of the conditions of the People.
Does everyone now understand what Sovereign means?
You rule. You pay the servant to do your bidding.
They have united against us and are screwing us.
Look at statistics. When people started shooting car jackers, the game ended. The shootings oddly occur in gun free zones.

And, the real point is
WE the People are the Sovereign.
Read the Constitution.
Understand that the authors had been dealing with oppression and tyranny. What's going on now?  Can anyone promise to protect us from our government?
And, who will run and take your place on th floor, if you're attacked in your home? Nobody. You better be ready and able to protect yourself, because when seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 01/02/16 at 06:58:19

Serowbot wrote on 01/01/16 at 22:16:18:
Honestly,..  I think guns are too symbolic and idealized in American culture, to be realistically discussed...

It's a tug-of-war, on a slippery slope, with a slippery rope...
...with bumper stickers... Grin...

...as sacred as cell phones... or texting...  Roll Eyes...

... or asking women to give up lipstick and heels... (not that we'd ever ask)... Kiss

My precious!...
http://www.lackofstyle.com/mt/archives/gollum2notlistening-thumb.jpg

Dude..... I didn't want to talk about prostitutes no mores  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 01/02/16 at 07:16:36

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/02/16 at 06:18:09:
Ingrained, like seat belts and helmets. Only deeper. Look at the history of the world. Take note of the conditions of the People.
Does everyone now understand what Sovereign means?
You rule. You pay the servant to do your bidding.
They have united against us and are screwing us.
Look at statistics. When people started shooting car jackers, the game ended. The shootings oddly occur in gun free zones.

And, the real point is
WE the People are the Sovereign.
Read the Constitution.
Understand that the authors had been dealing with oppression and tyranny. What's going on now?  Can anyone promise to protect us from our government?
And, who will run and take your place on th floor, if you're attacked in your home? Nobody. You better be ready and able to protect yourself, because when seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

Jog, I have seen this sort of claim before, but to me it looks like you are saying they want 100% total confiscation. I am not reading that in any proposals presently.
They are calling it "loop holes" in the current system that need to be addressed. Where some people can legally skirt requirements that already exist for others.

Is that true, or not?

Why can't they draft a law with other considerations attached to it as well, something like this: If a person that is NOT a current legalized citizen of this country, uses a gun in a crime, it will be mandatory expulsion from this country with no chance of ever becoming a citizen in the future.  

Again, I don't see registering guns as a crime stopper, other than it will require legal ownership more accountability of gun whereabouts, which could help solve a crime, after the fact.

To use this as reason:

Might be a view not be shared by everyone.
I agree executive actions on this matter might give your argument feet, as it removes democracy from the enactment of such a law, and imposed by an individual who has even stated he has a personal agenda at stake in the matter.

But I could be wrong on my reasoning....  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 01/02/16 at 07:19:41

Teen shot by homeowner may have been "ding dong ditching"
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-teen-shot-by-homeowner-may-have-been-ding-do...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 01/02/16 at 08:04:39

Serowbot wrote on 01/02/16 at 07:19:41:
Teen shot by homeowner may have been "ding dong ditching"
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-teen-shot-by-homeowner-may-have-been-ding-do...

Bot, I understand these horror stories exist, sad, but we could say booze kills too, as folk drive after leaving a bar, game, party, etc....

Life has consequences, often not to our liking.

And to be fair, we can't list all the crimes reverted because a gun stopped a criminal act from fruition.

I was sorta hoping to dialogue back and forth on merit, practicability, applicability, and projections, of more gun laws/restrictions on citizens right to own.

Thanks....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 01/02/16 at 08:28:09

raydawg wrote on 01/02/16 at 08:04:39:
I was sorta hoping to dialogue back and forth on merit, practicability, applicability, and projections, of more gun laws/restrictions on citizens right to own.

Thanks....

I don't believe you...

Web,.. pass me another flag... Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 01/02/16 at 09:24:26

You could try to go with the thrust of the post and see,rather than immediately try to derail it. I'm not seeing the car ban proposals after that woman drove through a crowd on purpose.

The Principle behind the second amendment is crucial.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 01/02/16 at 10:03:26

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/02/16 at 09:24:26:
You could try to go with the thrust of the post and see,rather than immediately try to derail it. I'm not seeing the car ban proposals after that woman drove through a crowd on purpose.

The Principle behind the second amendment is crucial.

Jog, crucial how, I can understand that accusation if it was for a total ban of private ownership, but I can't find any truth to that, only speculation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 01/02/16 at 11:42:42

Until everyone understands the role they have, the role government, the rights guaranteed, the principles and reasons,
They don't have the sufficient understanding to see a threat.
Does it take a full on ban tto get your attention?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #11 - 01/02/16 at 12:51:16

raydawg wrote on 01/01/16 at 21:03:09:
" ... Can we try to have some dialogue on the subject, ..."

“ …very ignorant about the matter, as I don’t owe or use guns myself. …”

That is the the, very, VERY, vast majority of the problem.
 (Not you specifically dawg, but the people writing laws,) and voting to ban guns

“ … I don’t see how this will really reduce the crime, …”
It doesn’t. Time after Time, it is  PROVEN.
But the Anti’s just keep lying and Spinning the facts,
enlisting, FEAR, into the people that are, “ … ignorant about the matter…”

“ ..  Obama wants to go after the on-line sales,  …”
            Ohhh, that sounds SO Bad !.
  ‘ANYONE, can go on line, and Buy a Gun’.
That statement, ’sounds’ so bad, but, it is, ‘Partly’, true,
it is ALSO, Lying, by omission of Fact.

Guns are NOT like a tea cup, you buy on fleaybay.
But the Gun Grabbers, put  FEAR, into the people that are, “ … ignorant about the matter…”

Yes, a person CAN, buy a gun On Line.
I’m in Minn, I, ‘Buy’, a gun off the internet, from someone in TX..
I, ‘Own’ that firearm.   (Now for the REST of the Story, as P.H. always said)
I, can NOT, ‘Possess’, that firearm, Until it is Shipped, to a Federal Firearms Licensed Dealer, (FFL),  in MN, and I go, to that local Dealer, and fill out the 4473, (4 pages both sides), do the NICS check.  (The Background check, that is ALREADY in place governed by the FBI).  THEN, If I am ‘approved, and IF, the guberment, who do the NICS check, Approves. THEN, and only then, can I, ‘Posses’ that firearm.

“ … and small time gun show dealers who are what, exempt, from the requirements of full time shops, …”
Again, a total, complete  LIE.  Repeated over and over AND OVER again, that the Gun Grabbers use to put,  FEAR, into the people that are, “ … ignorant about the matter…”.

“ … Can someone tell me the way(s) to currently purchase a gun now? …”
Go to ANY gun shop, look at a firearm, and ask what you have to do to, buy/Posses it!
Local law, varies, as to the, State, County, City, you are in. And that is Added on to the Fed Law, Which is:  18 for a long gun, 21 for a handgun, Must be Citizen of the USA, a resident of the State, (unless it is a long gun, then, a ’touching’ State of your residence).  Must fill out the 4473, the 1968 law.   (do some people lie on that form? Well do some people lie on their Tax form, etc. etc, etc).  Then, the dealer, calls in the NICS ‘check’, and you wait, until a response, is given, (Proceed/Delay/Denial).  Sometimes up to 3 days, (More, if your, local, law says so).  Most of the time,  it is 10 -30 min.

‘Banning, ‘assault’ firearms. Again, ‘ ignorant about the matter’, comes into play.
And Again,  the gun grabbers, use that phrase, JUST, to enlist  FEAR, in the people that are, “ … ignorant about the matter…”.

Gee in 1908, Remington, made a Semi-Auto rifle. (their were other brands models, made before this), but this was generally believed to be the first one that worked well, and was reliable.  Yet, If I took a can of BLACK, spray paint, painted the gun,  someone, that is, “ … ignorant about the matter…”. would most definitely call it a, ‘assault rifle’.

When Clinton first proposed his,  ‘assault rifle’, ban.  It   INCLUDED, any Double Barrel SHOTGUN, with one Trigger !!!!!   Because, it is a,  ’semi-auto’.  (Load TWO Shells, pull the trigger, bang, then Without Re-loading, pull the trigger again).  It was taken off, thanks to the NRA, for catching it.

A, ’True’ ‘assault rifle, was first regulated in 1934. And a Civilian in the US can own one, but it is a VERY expensive process to do, and reams of paperwork, and often takes a YEAR + to be able to hold that license.
(All other firearms were relegated in 1968).

Now, their is one exception, the, ‘Face to Face’, transfer.  (Some States/Places you can, some you cannot). Here is the LAW, concerning that.  Both parties have to PROVE, they are of age, (18 or 21),  Both parties, Have to Be USA Citizens. Both parties Have to be residents in the same State. The seller of the firearm MUST, ask;  ‘Have you evener been,  CHARGED, with a  Felony, have you ever been, Convicted, of a crime of Violence, Have you ever been issued a restraining order.  AND,  MOST sellers, AND, receivers, on a  (FF) transfer, ALSO, get a ‘Bill of Sale’, from each other.

Again, the ‘gun-grabbers’, say a statement something like, ‘Anybody can buy a gun from anybody else’, for the whole reason to:    put,  FEAR, into the people that are, “ … ignorant about the matter…”.

Again, do some people, LIE?   Sure, Just like they LIE, about other things.
Do, Criminals’, obey the Law?
Let’s see, their is a, Law, one can’t drive Drunk.  YET   Drunk drivers account for FAR, more deaths then Citizens owning Firearms. Their is a, Law, about drugs, (illegal and prescribed),  yet FAR more people die from that use.

Gee maybe something should be done about that. !

And the Number ONE, reason, their is the 2nd Amendment. Is to KEEP,  YOU, FREE.
Because If, or when, the 2nd goes, the 1st will follow VERY shortly !

This is why, their are bout 75,000 +  People, in the USA, that,  ’TEACH’,  (Voluntary),  ‘Gun SAFETY’.

If you are a firearm user.   Take someone, (who does not know), out to shoot.  Explain to them how things work,  Teach them the 10 Commandments of firearm safety.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 01/02/16 at 13:07:14

Spring, you gave me a lot to chew, thanxs....

I hope an "anti" ( just to keep the news labeling in context ) gun will address your thoughts and points.

Thanks  Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 01/02/16 at 14:46:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/02/16 at 11:42:42:
Until everyone understands the role they have, the role government, the rights guaranteed, the principles and reasons,
They don't have the sufficient understanding to see a threat.
Does it take a full on ban tto get your attention?

No, that is why I asked the question, Sir.

I don't want to retread your hooker post, but you talked about freedom the constitution ensures, yet break from your extension if it involves abortion, that is conflicted reasoning to me Jog.
I can see, at this point in time with the knowledge I have about the gun ownership issue, that what the "anti" are only speaking of limitations, on ownership, which, I believe already exist, in some cases.....
But I already see conflict in what I have read that Obama wants to do, and what MSpring shares....

If you can elaborate instead of telling me I am already hopeless   Grin
Then I would be indebted to your sharing boss  Wink

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #14 - 01/02/16 at 16:06:53

Good reply MnSpring, I was wonder when someone would answer raydawg's question.
 Each state is different concerning firearm purchases. Look at laws concerning firearm purchases in New Jersey or California then compair them to Florida or Texas.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 08:43:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The truth on gun control......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.